The flexMN batch is now open!

Any guesses for when the next batch will be / amount per year?

Still trying to decide if Iā€™ll buy this now or wait for the 2nd batchšŸ˜…

probably by jan 12th-ish?

1 Like

not reallyā€¦ probably do the next batch in feb or march ā€¦ every few months iā€™d imagine

1 Like

Sounds fine by me

1 Like

Now pottedā€¦

2 Likes

It happened!!! :rofl:

3 Likes

Hopefully not the financial disasterā€¦

Amal, will you post the number of backers in the campaign stats like you did with the TItan? That would be interesting.

1 Like

By the way, small copy/paste snafu:

1 Like

fixified!

Nice!

Say Amal, Iā€™m wondering a few things about the blinkies:

• Would it be possible to solder a LED in parallel with the NTAG chip so itā€™s powered directly by the main coil? I wouldnā€™t think so as Iā€™d expect the LED to introduce a parasitic capacitance that might be enough to detune the tank significantly. But maybe not. After all, thatā€™s how itā€™s done in the xSIID and perhaps the coil hasnā€™t been redesigned for the extra LED in that one.

EDIT: Nevermind

• Would a glass xLED positioned somewhere in the empty space inside the main coil light up? Would it be too thick to encase in the biopolymer? It might be a less fragile alternative to the NFC nails, and the idea of including a HF and a LF blinkie to the flexMN is attractive.

But since theyā€™re totally rigid, they might poke through the polymer if the implant around em flexes. On the other hand, maybe the area near the T5577ā€™s coil is rigid enough. I mean, it is a flexEM after all, and flex those certainly donā€™t.

Totally unrelated: Iā€™m really tempted to order an Amal:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just a thought but what about a xled assembly, outside the glass, would make a smaller form factor and could be reinforced thinner than glass

I guarantee you that teeny tiny ferrite rod at the center the coil would last half a second flat outside the glass :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not totally certain, but Iā€™m pretty sure the XSIID chip gets all the power and passes some through to the led, not that the led is wired in parallel on the coil

Though, now I do wonder if flex-field detectors without chips are possible, an implantable diagnostic card would be interesting

Itā€™d be surprising if the LED was wired in series, as it would clip half the signal (itā€™s a diode} and halve the power available to the chip.

Yea probably a bad idea to consider,
Was just thinking about it being reinforced with the new reinforcing goop

I donā€™t think itā€™s wired in series directly either, more that the chip acts sort of like a power supply to the led, I think the led is only indirectly powered from the main coil through the chip

Ah yes, maybe if it was doused in epoxyā€¦

Thatā€™s not the case. I asked Amal when the xSIID came out if memory serves.

EDIT: actually youā€™re right:

I eat my words :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, like I said, Iā€™m not completely certain

To me, Dsruptiveā€™s site certain makes it sound that way though

ā€œEnergy Harvesting:
Reuses the energy from any NFC reader to activate components or sensors connected to the DSruptive boardā€

1 Like