The flexMN batch is now open!

Yeah this is nowhere near as unknown as the Titan campaign was, it’s just expensive to gear up for making a batch of these so we will probably be doing recurring batches using the crowdfunding system to handle buying in to each batch.

5 Likes

did you also want the size to be 41mm even though no components are being placed in the outer edge?

No. What I - maybe - want, if you can do it, is an elliptical implant (33mm - 41mm), of course with extra “dead” material on the major axis, as an anti-rotation feature. But I need a good hard think about that one. See here:

photoshop me an example… i’m sure it can be done no fuss.

or this:

But like I said, I need to think about it some more.

1 Like

Sweet. So any ideas when the first batch be likely shipped? I’m about to place an order, and I’m hoping it’ll be up before I change countries.

Any guesses for when the next batch will be / amount per year?

Still trying to decide if I’ll buy this now or wait for the 2nd batch😅

probably by jan 12th-ish?

1 Like

not really… probably do the next batch in feb or march … every few months i’d imagine

1 Like

Sounds fine by me

1 Like

Now potted…

2 Likes

It happened!!! :rofl:

3 Likes

Hopefully not the financial disaster…

Amal, will you post the number of backers in the campaign stats like you did with the TItan? That would be interesting.

1 Like

By the way, small copy/paste snafu:

1 Like

fixified!

Nice!

Say Amal, I’m wondering a few things about the blinkies:

• Would it be possible to solder a LED in parallel with the NTAG chip so it’s powered directly by the main coil? I wouldn’t think so as I’d expect the LED to introduce a parasitic capacitance that might be enough to detune the tank significantly. But maybe not. After all, that’s how it’s done in the xSIID and perhaps the coil hasn’t been redesigned for the extra LED in that one.

EDIT: Nevermind

• Would a glass xLED positioned somewhere in the empty space inside the main coil light up? Would it be too thick to encase in the biopolymer? It might be a less fragile alternative to the NFC nails, and the idea of including a HF and a LF blinkie to the flexMN is attractive.

But since they’re totally rigid, they might poke through the polymer if the implant around em flexes. On the other hand, maybe the area near the T5577’s coil is rigid enough. I mean, it is a flexEM after all, and flex those certainly don’t.

Totally unrelated: I’m really tempted to order an Amal:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just a thought but what about a xled assembly, outside the glass, would make a smaller form factor and could be reinforced thinner than glass

I guarantee you that teeny tiny ferrite rod at the center the coil would last half a second flat outside the glass :slight_smile:

I’m not totally certain, but I’m pretty sure the XSIID chip gets all the power and passes some through to the led, not that the led is wired in parallel on the coil

Though, now I do wonder if flex-field detectors without chips are possible, an implantable diagnostic card would be interesting