The flexNExT is now in limited release!

Possible.yes but voltage requirements of UV LEDs is very high… 6v-7v DC typically… not likely to pull that from an NFC antenna coil with sufficient current to do anything, and definitely not from an energy harvesting IC like the ntag i2c

1 Like

Something that just hit me;

I ALWAYS wear long sleeve. So the FlexNExT on the back of my wrist will always be covered, except for when I pull up my sleeve slightly to use it.

If I have a FlexNExT with glow resin, there won’t be any light hitting it to charge it.

I’d say that’s a good thing.

Roll up sleeve a bit, use FlexNExT, deep blue lights… once those lights go off, if I’m in a shaded area, there’s a faint green hue left behind for a bit.

That sounds like an awesome touch. I was wondering if I wanted my wrist to always be glowing faint green, but then I realized it wouldn’t because of the lack of light charging the resin.

In other words; light will never hit my wrist to charge the glow resin. It’ll only be charged by the blue LED lights. It’ll be real spooky lookin’ :cyclone:

That is my “business” model

It is really BAD

Oh My Flying Spaghetti Monster!!! image

I both hate you AND love you for that!!!

My mind is racing…

you’ll actually never need to pull up your sleeve… not unless you wanted to… that’s kind of the point of such a huge device :slight_smile:

racer

I figured :smiley: Will definitely be fun to pick between whether I want anybody seeing the lights or not, simply by choosing to roll up my sleeve slightly or not. The greatest feeling is having full control over how you use your implant :clap:

1 Like

His Noodliness has that effect on the people here :slight_smile:

Yeah, you have no idea how much I love that. No precise positioning or dicking around, even with several layers of clothes on.

I had fun messing with my coworkers’ brains the first few days when nobody knew I had that implant yet, and nobody knew what the stitches were for: I would walk to the break area with my sleeves rolled up and my cellphone in my hand, unlocked and muted, get a coffee from the machine, then put the cellphone face down on one of the stand-up bistro tables and lean on it with my wrist over the cellphone casual-like

Of course, my arm would start blinking. But I’d just carry on the discussion as if nothing was happening. It was immensely fun to watch their reaction: they kept on talking, but I could see their eyes fixing my arm, and their voices was slowly fading and the sentences were not getting finished. Eventually, one of them would politely point out that something mighty strange might be happening :slight_smile:

After a couple of days, everybody knew. But it was fun while it lasted.

3 Likes

Heeeeeelll…
Okay, several weeks after I got my flexy in, I get the info that it would be possible to make it glow even more? Damnit! And if I get it right, you’ve got that glow powder in several colours as well - so, would it be possible to make it glow in other colours? Sound like… fun :wink:
And a way to spend way too much money, for me… I’m already thinking about getting a flexMT in some not-so-distant-future, I guess that would be possible with glow powder as well?

A little info about the amount of time something under the skin can actually glow - if I don’t wear long sleeves in the afternoon / evening, even when staying inside (no direct sunlight), my glowy Haworth implant keeps on glowing most of the night. Sometimes I wake up at 4 or 5 am, and it’s still visible.

Dang it… I had just settled on a deep blue LED with green glow resin. But now I’m hearing there could be other color options for glow resin? Which means I gotta take forever again to decide which color I’d want? :sob:

@amal what other options may there be for glow resin colors aside from green?

Quite impressive.

1 Like

Other colors do exist but green is the brightest and other colors like blue or purple likely need UV to charge. Also I don’t actually have those colors of powder.

@Cobble here’s the other colors for comparison.

Green is multiple times brighter. It’s not worth using the others, especially if you have a darker complexion.

Ah, so green is brightest? What about yellow?Would that be a close second?

No, green is ~30 times brighter than the next closest. Its at least partly because of your eyes having the ability to see more shades of green than any other. Ever wondered why nightvision is green?

1 Like

Ah… that makes sense. That’s fine, I’ll go with green then! But I wonder how the color will shift under my skin.

Looking at the shifting of purple and yellow FlexNExTs, I am assuming the deep blue with shift to a pretty purplish color, but I’m not sure about the green glow, I feel as if there will be differing factors for resin vs LED lights.

1 Like

The thing is, flesh looks red because it lets reddish colors through and blocks shorter wavelengths of the spectrum - blues and greens. So while they’re brighter outside the body, they might appear dimmer inside.

Dimmer yes but your eyes are still significantly better at picking up those colours otherwise all implants would look redish where as the green and blue xsiids all look the color they are supposed to be (after healing).

1 Like

Then older implantees would be well advised to implant reddish blinkies to impress their friends: the human eye perceives blue and green less well as it ages:

Nearly half of Schneck’s subjects in their mid-70s and two-thirds in their mid-90s confused pale colors in the blue-green region of the spectrum with other pale colors. Blue and green become more difficult to tell apart than red, yellow and orange, which Schneck attributes largely to the yellowing of the lens.

Okay… so green glow powder. Fine with that :wink:
So, would a flexMT with green glowy stuff powered by light blue blinkies be possible? I might slowly have an idea what to use my titan discount code for… :smile:

3 Likes