The official Titan batch 3 campaign thread

Crowdfunding Batch 3 of the Titan biomagnet implant is set to launch July 1st, 2021 and run for the entire month of July (31 days)!

16 Likes

As soon I start getting over not supporting the last batch, a new batch comes up and it starts the whole cycle anew! :sweat_smile: Should I get one?? Where would I put it? I surely don’t need this. But … maybe… :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

anotha one
My wallet loves you amal

3 Likes

Ah as much as I want to, I don’t think I’ll be able to get in on this batch. I am curious though: I know some of you who got in on batch 1 ended up installing it in -P0. How’s that going? When I get a sensing magnet that’s where I’m thinking of putting it.

2 Likes

I am aiming to get mine installed in just over a week, so will let you know

5 Likes

tenor

1 Like

AAAA the hype is real!!! So excited for this :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Can I buy it directly from dangerous things?

Yes just use the link to purchase from the store during the time the batch is running

1 Like

hasn’t installed Titan from batch 2 yet

Do I need another??? hahaha

1 Like

hasn’t installed Titan from batch #1 yet
But they’re really cheap now…

4 Likes

I don’t mean this to be rude at all but may I ask why it’s so expensive? I’m kinda new to this so I just want to know what factors into the costs and whatnot.

They’re produced in small batches, which costs a lot more then making them in bulk. Additionally, DT has to ensure that each one is of excellent quality, which I’d assume adds a fair amount to the cost as well.

1 Like

In addition to what APartOfMe said, precision titanium machining and laser welding isn’t easy. The magnet blanks and titanium casings come from different suppliers I believe and then are actually shipped to a third factory where they are assembled and sealed using the same technology used in creating pacemaker casings IIRC. When you factor in all of the different sources, the technology and the quality, the current price of $300 is actually quite reasonable. For reference, 67 people ordered a total of 80 titans in the very first batch, with the general price being $500 each.

As for what it’s worth it to you, I guess that’s up to you to decide :slight_smile:

Oh, and welcome to the community! :tada:

5 Likes

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the explaination! The cost makes A LOT more sense considering the manufacturing process and requiring multiple facilities.

3 Likes

Lifetime warranty is also a reason.

1 Like

They’re absolutely beautiful as far as production goes, and well worth the cost.

2 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t be willing to pay the $300 if it wasn’t really for the top-notch quality control.

I am so excited to get my magnet. I’ve been wanting to get one for a long time now and I finally am able to. I explain to people what it is and what it does and they always ask me why I want it. Simple answer “because I think it’s cool” I find it funny people think it’s crazy to want to be able to feel electromagnetic currents. Am I the only one I’m this situation?

7 Likes

You’re definitely not the only one, I get the same reaction all the time. On the other hand I also get several interested or “not for me but really neat” reactions. Slowly but surely we will warm the general public up to our ideas

1 Like