The official Titan batch 3 campaign thread

My friends and family are already used to it after years of me talking about how cool they are

1 Like

Iā€˜m right if I assume that no MRT possible anymore if you got an magnet implant

Yes, you need to have any magnets removed before an MRI. But you can leave other implants in.

For me I hope it will be useful for my work. Being able to feel the state of a circuit without using tools will be very helpful. Also, maybe I can use it to impress the girls, because its coolā€¦

This, in combination with your nickname, makes me thinkā€¦ a lot. And Iā€™m not sure if I like what Iā€™m thinking about :thinking: :rofl:

3 Likes

This might not be as good as you think it might beā€¦ high current detection sureā€¦ like power lines supplying bit motors or 1000W+ heaters yesā€¦ anything lower power, not so much. This guyā€™s channel is hilarious but heā€™s done a pretty good test here and I think you could expect similar results;

3 Likes

At 1.5 weeks I found that I could feel the ac current through this power cord to my toaster. So it doesnā€™t need to be power line currents but it does need to be drawing more than average.

If thereā€™s a transformer or other power supply, Iā€™ve also had good feeling from those.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found I can feel anything that is pulling more than 200W. Any less and its probably placebo. I do enjoy holding my hand over a transformer and plugging it in. You can feel the inrush.

1 Like

Just to clarify, current (Amps) is the only contributing part to sensing. Voltage plays no part, in fact lower voltage applications like laptop AC/DC converters would be beneficial because they require more current to generate the same power (Watts)

1 Like

Of course. Let me be more specific. ~200W at 120V which is around 2A AC. It is probably higher than that since the measurement was at the output of the UPS(Uninterruptible Power Supply) and I was feeling the power cord going from the wall to the UPS. We could probably assume 250-300W at the wall.

If ac is about 2A to get sensing, is DC also going to be ~2A? Because if voltage doesnā€™t matter and itā€™s the same amperage, wouldnā€™t a 2A USB charger wire work?

I need to try this nowā€¦

Edit: either the answer is no, DC works different, or my titan isnā€™t sensitive enough at just about 2 weeks since installā€¦

I can certainly feel the mains to 5v supply in there but not from the usb cable itself.

1 Like

You can only sense changing magnetic fields. Your body adapts too fast to notice a constant minor DC tug

2 Likes

Ah, that makes sense, I should have thought of thatā€¦

Hey, that is very rude. If somebody wants to do business with me, that is a private thing between Blastee and Blaster. I would have thought a member of this site would respect a persons choice of what they want to do with their body.

1 Like

Perhaps so. I mostly want it for fun.

itā€™s difficult to tell if you are being serious.

this sounds like you are playing along with Comas joke

This sounds like you are serious!!!

You havenā€™t been here very long, but I will tell you two things about @Coma

• She has a great sense of humour
  • She is huge proponent of body autonomy

I read her comments as a joke, but I think you may have missed it

2 Likes

I took it as being very dry humor, hope Iā€™m right haha. If it is, itā€™s pretty funny.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t go that far, I would call it MOIST humour at the least :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Damnā€¦ itā€™s always that problem with dry humour, irony or sarcasm onlineā€¦
Lemme tell you that - I wasnā€™t being serious :wink:
Hope you arenā€™t serious as well, otherwise - erm, sorry?^^

Hey, thanks my dear! :wink:

4 Likes

493afab3378fa75bfb92cd3a851212f1
25 Backers!!

1 Like