The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

ā€¦Some people are into restraintā€¦

3 Likes

Some of us are indeed

4 Likes

Not sure tbh, I went through with my two xSeries in 1 session, and I know what Iā€™m getting myself into. It seems to be my bodies response to them (or my unconscious thoughts), plus maybe some anxiety? I wouldnā€™t say extreme fear though :man_shrugging:

Maybe it is and just the adrenaline rush clouded / overwhelmed that feeling :slight_smile:

Regardless, Iā€™m gonna get more implants, and hopefully my Titan sometime. Iā€™m hoping people try a needle installation too (maybe palm side P0?)

I am WAYYY late to this party! I just found out about this campain well after itā€™s over, any chance extras were made for sale? Or if thereā€™s anothe batch thought about or planned?

First of all - welcome! :wink:

And fear not, as far as I know, Amal is already planning a second batch - take a look at this:

Hi, welcome to the community.
According to a post by Amal in the xG3 V2 status thread, a new batch of Titans is in the planning.

Edit: Comas fingers are apparently faster then mine

Thatā€™s great, thanks! I still have an old m31 still in, was looking at pulling it out. Iā€™ll have to get in on the next batch of Titans for a replacement!

5 Likes

If you do, it would be great if you could post some pictures, there will be a few interested parties :+1:

6 Likes

@Amal,

Now that weā€™re out of the Titan crowdfunding campaign, and working on batch #2, do you have plans to try for a wider market? Either keeping stock at installers or getting the word out (post covid) at trade shows and such?

Iā€™d love to see the Titan army grow, but thereā€™s only so many forum members.

We will seeā€¦ the inventory investment would be hugeā€¦ itā€™s a lot of capital tied up in something that may not sell quickly until well after vaccines have been rolled out. Volume can drop prices only so much for this thing, so it will be very tough for this particular product to jump the hump from specialty batch product into a ā€œnormal inventory itemā€ā€¦ but that is a good goal to have :wink:

I just saw this and it was the first time I had seen it, Iā€™m not sure how many people are awareā€¦probably a lot.
Anyway
The iPhone 12 apparently has a ring magnet on the back of it, so maybe that might be of interest to iPhone 12 owners with a TiTAN or xG3sā€¦

Iā€™m sure by now you likely worked it out, anyway, I thought I would share

2 Likes

I learned about the iPhone 12 MagSafe magnets and accessories from the product announcement keynote, Iā€™m happy with my 12 Pro

I learned about it when someone pointed out that the iphone 12 is literally deadly to anyone with a pace maker. If someone with a pace maker puts the iphone 12 in a breast pocket, that would shut off the pace maker.

Interesting note about it that isā€¦

1 Like

Was mentioned here and the next 5 posts.
Well, itā€™s not quite insta-death, but to put it simply it could potentially mess with the controls of the pacemaker (especially in older models).

To defend apple almost feels like an insult to my core being, butā€¦

What really concerns me are the hundreds of dozens of phone cases with magnets, about which no one says anything.

And we all know that humanS (capital s) are stupid enough to not make the connection that if an iphoneā€™s magnet is dangerous, so should be the magnets in any cases as well.

1 Like

Yea I originally heard of this thing from louis rossmann and one of those big points was that I donā€™t think there were any warnings about this at all. Considering the average consumer, there absolutely should be several when this has the potential to shut off your life saving decide without you really knowing.

Cases should have them too but for apple as big as they are, they are being put in the spotlight much more for thisā€¦

I was under the impression anyone with an implanted life saving device was told not to put magnets or even electronics near their device, and even told not to put traditional mobile phones in their upper jacket pocket as a precaution. Itā€™s easy to shit on Apple about their phone not displaying a big warning, but this seems like a failing of the medical providers.

If I had a device that I depend on for living and it shuts down in a magnetic field, Iā€™d like to know that up front.

EDIT: https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/arrhythmia/prevention--treatment-of-arrhythmia/devices-that-may-interfere-with-icds-and-pacemakers

Heart.org have been telling people for years not to use their jacket top pocket or even hold the phone to the ear on the same side of the body that the implanted device is at, just because of minimal risk from interference. Along with spending minimal time at anti theft gates at stores, and avoiding magnets being in that area. Itā€™s not a case of Apple needing to warn people, itā€™s a case of people need to pay attention to the warnings.

1 Like

Your absolutely right, all advice is to not use the breast pocket for anything really other than like pens. People like to blame apple for things but even phones with large speakers, vibration motors or cases with magnets can pose an issue. I assure you anyone who has one of these life saving devices knows the risks associated with the device.

1 Like

Iā€™m still left wondering why a magnetic switch was considered a good idea for something keeping people alive,

Surely there has to be some better way to set the pacemaker up, that itā€™s less likely to be inadvertently turned off by common household magnets