The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

So high tech… Just stick it in the septic tank for a few weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yours does a little too apparently :slight_smile:

Ok so… the Titans.are held up in customs but Michelle just had a long phonecall to deal with getting the duty paid and moving the documents to the top of processing… new eta is Tuesday!

6 Likes

These timings are sounding more and more like this will arrive just in time to be a Christmas gift (presuming they dont fail testing). Your timing here is perfect!

1 Like

I was hoping for two weeks earlier. So I can install and heal.

Still, as long as I looked for sensing magnets options, I’ll take 'em whenever I can get them.

Two updates to the official thread… the first has to do with the markings and is detailed here;

The other update is that I was hoping to be posting about receiving the magnets today but it looks like that will happen tomorrow. Boo.

On a very unrelated but still kinda related note: do you think that a titan install could be a valid ‘medical’ excuse to cross into Canada with the currently closed border? The closest installer for me (partnered at least) is just across the border (in upstate new york so it is closer than NYC).

This is all assuming that the shop itself isn’t closed from covid which it likely is…

that’s hard to comment on… maybe… but also maybe the US side doesn’t agree when you come back… it’s pretty risky right now I’d say.

Fair enough, I should probably not risk it. Thanks!

1 Like

I want my.
I want my.
I want my Magnet Titan Value.
(cue awesome guitar power climb)

1 Like

Hmm, maybe I’m old fashioned, but… The US-Canada border is very long. Plenty of crossing options without having to tell anyone about it. If you’re desperate enough that is.

1 Like

Haha it is long but have you Googled the “no touching” border policy? If you want to see what a collosal waste of human effort can result from a childish political interaction decades and decades ago, Google that. But, it does allow for some very easy automated monitoring of huge swathes of shared border land.

images (5)

1 Like

WE HAVE TITANFALL

I will now be setting up test processes, arranging special packaging for sterilization, etc. I’ll try to get more photos posted soon!

10 Titans in the ultrasound bath…

12 Likes

Now I need to buy a lego guy for scale.

They look great though!

2 Likes

Well it is standardised the Dangerous Things scale of measure :straight_ruler:

1 Like

They look beautiful.

Would it be possible to buy one next year?
I think next year, if travelling will be allowed, I can get one.

Yeah, see the Micro vial there, is better scale for me. I have a bin of 150+ next to me.

It was Amie who suggested this method of scale comparison… actually I think she even sent me lil’ store trooper here!

2 Likes

May I suggest checking that they’re actually magnetized? :slight_smile: So easy to overlook the obvious.

hahaha yeah… they are… and i’m looking for my gauss meter too… i’ll post details soon.

4 Likes