The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

Yeah, mine is in Leipzig currently as well… it’s still saying it should arrive at 10pm today (!), thats 1 hour and 10 minutes from now. DHL sometimes really amazes me, but I doubt they’ll get that done…

Really never had any problems with them until now - most of the time, things just go through, and once I had to pick up a package from canada, and the guys at the office were all totally friendly and all. Oh well, one CD I imported from the US got stuck in customs for 3 full weeks, okay, but other than that I’m fine^^

You’re some crazy guy, you know that, do you? :smile:
Really planning on doing that yourself? I mean, I totally trust you to be able to do that in a more-or-less safe and sane way, but still - just one hand for working on it :wink:

I’m sooooo envious! But I’m happy for you, hope it all goes fine :slight_smile:

The magnet is far more compact than anticipated. so I’ll do an experimental install.

Right now I’m studying the idea of using a 2.2mm Needle to create a perpendicular pocket, coming from behind the nail (upwards from above).

If I am correct, the healing time should be slightly longer but the chance of migration should reduce drastically.

Also this way I can make the pocket in a much safer way in relationship to blood vessels and nerves than any of the traditional methods…

And by cutting “through” the muscle fibre instead of “along” it, I should make my tissue heal with a much tighter grip on the magnet.

Just theories for now… but that’s how we learn, right? :sweat_smile:

Also, the position needed for that is insanely anatomical for single handed install. :grin:

Yeeees!! :heart_eyes:

EDIT: I used the wrong term. fixed. ^^

3 Likes

That raises my hopes on finding a nice spot to put it in :smile:

Sounds like an interesting idea… and a 2.2mm needle is not that bad, I guess :wink:
Take good care of yourself, though (and good footage for us :stuck_out_tongue: )!

luck

2 Likes

waiting impatiently for the video material

No pressure

Good Luck

2 Likes

If I have a Titan am I Titanic?

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: TITAN (Contains spoilers!):warning:

To my huge frustration I just found out my last two 2.2mm cateter needles have their seals broken. :poop:

So… ordering a few new ones and doing it probably tomorrow. :woman_shrugging:

I mean… I could do with a scalpel, but I really want to try this higher gauge approach.

If it works, might make everyone’s lives much easier!
(easier to find piercers able to assist, allegedly more manageable pain, etc…)

(posting just to avoid assumptions)

3 Likes

Going to get mine on Thursday. Just got the proper announcement from DHL itself.
Given permission to deliver without signature so I will actually get it one day, working full time be dumb for shipments :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly can’t get it installed anytime soon though. Will be having to cross over to Germany for that. Not much people here willing to do it, and those aren’t really trustworthy to me either ^^’

1 Like

Mine is Thursday as well but I think I might have a potential installer. Super excited.

1 Like

Don’t you worry about that - all studios here are in total lockdown currently :expressionless:
If they’re open again, I can totally recommend a great artist who is always willing to install funny stuff :wink:

I’m a bit worried about my own Titan, though… the DHL page says it’s still in Leipzig, and the estimated delivery date… well… “The Estimated Delivery Date is currently unavailable. Please try again later.”
This doesn’t really calm down my paranoia. At all.

Oh really? I’d be up for suggestions if i can actually get there :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t know what distance is okay for you, but take a look at Stigmata Inc. in Cologne, when they’re open again. Arnulf is very skilled and a nice guy as well :wink: Link is in my profile :smile:

I had a thought that if customs were to open up a Titan package to see what’s inside (don’t know if they do this) then the exquisite packaging might very well work to convince them to pass it through. At the very least not putting it in a poorly presented box with a handful of random packing prevents it from having a negative impression.

2 Likes

Now you’ve got me curious if customs can break sterile seals…
I’m guessing probably so, because government does what it wants

But that would be an interesting “damage claim” that it’s now no longer sterile because they decided to remove the titan from its sealed pouch to “inspect” it

got shipping notification… now starts the hunt to find someone to jam this thing into me once the newest massive lockdown is over haha. oy.

Annnd “done”!
I mean… the test approach to implanting, which I wanted to experiment with, is done! :sweat_smile:

Will post more on the spoilers thread!

3 Likes

Yeah, kiiinda a tad too far for me. Coming down from Switzerland and all ^^’

Ah damn! I don’t know good bodymodders in the south of Germany, for I am almost never travelling there… My piercer once recommended Trust in Mannheim to me, that’s about in the middle between Cologne and Switzerland :wink:
But I don’t know them personally, so I can’t really tell if they’re nice and such :wink:

I went around and asked some piercers and the like around here.
One recommended me one that’s about an 1h drive into germany.
They did magnets before and looking at some of their stuff…magnets really are one of the simpler things they do ^.^

I’ll post something about my implanting of the titan on the spoilers thread later. Or make my own thread.

Suffice to say I went through another experimental method, for an experimental placement.

So far, success!!!

Titans deserve no less than being pushed to the limit! :grin:

But seriously, that box is stunning!! :star_struck:

5 Likes