The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

If I have a Titan am I Titanic?

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: TITAN (Contains spoilers!):warning:

To my huge frustration I just found out my last two 2.2mm cateter needles have their seals broken. :poop:

Soā€¦ ordering a few new ones and doing it probably tomorrow. :woman_shrugging:

I meanā€¦ I could do with a scalpel, but I really want to try this higher gauge approach.

If it works, might make everyoneā€™s lives much easier!
(easier to find piercers able to assist, allegedly more manageable pain, etcā€¦)

(posting just to avoid assumptions)

3 Likes

Going to get mine on Thursday. Just got the proper announcement from DHL itself.
Given permission to deliver without signature so I will actually get it one day, working full time be dumb for shipments :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly canā€™t get it installed anytime soon though. Will be having to cross over to Germany for that. Not much people here willing to do it, and those arenā€™t really trustworthy to me either ^^ā€™

1 Like

Mine is Thursday as well but I think I might have a potential installer. Super excited.

1 Like

Donā€™t you worry about that - all studios here are in total lockdown currently :expressionless:
If theyā€™re open again, I can totally recommend a great artist who is always willing to install funny stuff :wink:

Iā€™m a bit worried about my own Titan, thoughā€¦ the DHL page says itā€™s still in Leipzig, and the estimated delivery dateā€¦ wellā€¦ ā€œThe Estimated Delivery Date is currently unavailable. Please try again later.ā€
This doesnā€™t really calm down my paranoia. At all.

Oh really? Iā€™d be up for suggestions if i can actually get there :stuck_out_tongue:

Donā€™t know what distance is okay for you, but take a look at Stigmata Inc. in Cologne, when theyā€™re open again. Arnulf is very skilled and a nice guy as well :wink: Link is in my profile :smile:

I had a thought that if customs were to open up a Titan package to see whatā€™s inside (donā€™t know if they do this) then the exquisite packaging might very well work to convince them to pass it through. At the very least not putting it in a poorly presented box with a handful of random packing prevents it from having a negative impression.

2 Likes

Now youā€™ve got me curious if customs can break sterile sealsā€¦
Iā€™m guessing probably so, because government does what it wants

But that would be an interesting ā€œdamage claimā€ that itā€™s now no longer sterile because they decided to remove the titan from its sealed pouch to ā€œinspectā€ it

got shipping notificationā€¦ now starts the hunt to find someone to jam this thing into me once the newest massive lockdown is over haha. oy.

Annnd ā€œdoneā€!
I meanā€¦ the test approach to implanting, which I wanted to experiment with, is done! :sweat_smile:

Will post more on the spoilers thread!

3 Likes

Yeah, kiiinda a tad too far for me. Coming down from Switzerland and all ^^ā€™

Ah damn! I donā€™t know good bodymodders in the south of Germany, for I am almost never travelling thereā€¦ My piercer once recommended Trust in Mannheim to me, thatā€™s about in the middle between Cologne and Switzerland :wink:
But I donā€™t know them personally, so I canā€™t really tell if theyā€™re nice and such :wink:

I went around and asked some piercers and the like around here.
One recommended me one thatā€™s about an 1h drive into germany.
They did magnets before and looking at some of their stuffā€¦magnets really are one of the simpler things they do ^.^

Iā€™ll post something about my implanting of the titan on the spoilers thread later. Or make my own thread.

Suffice to say I went through another experimental method, for an experimental placement.

So far, success!!!

Titans deserve no less than being pushed to the limit! :grin:

But seriously, that box is stunning!! :star_struck:

5 Likes

i am really wanting to hear about sensing performance, especially compared to other similar sized magnetsā€¦ but i know that will actually take some time for healing etc. excited to see titans going in though!

7 Likes

Give me a month to heal and Iā€™ll run a host of tests! :wink:

Just donā€™t want to do anything before that healing period.

But seriously good job!
That magnet is sure a sight to behold! :star_struck:

5 Likes

I decided to jump back in here since my personal Titan is very close nowā€¦ Sadly the estimated delivery is scheduled for today (by end of dayā€¦) Butā€¦ since it was three times in customs on different locations, two times shipment on hold (for many hoursā€¦), and now it arrived in the delivery facility (Yay!!!) Butā€¦it stopped moving again there 3Ā½ hours agoā€¦ :sob: donā€™t think it will be delivered today, hoping for tomorrow :neutral_face:
Iā€™m very curious for the Titan spoiler thread, but I decided that I want to see my own Titan first before jumping over there too.
Meanwhile Iā€™m super happy for all backers who have seen or already implanted their Titans!!!
Iā€™m still not sure about the location for mineā€¦ Fingertip is my wish but Iā€™m a little bit afraid of the scalpel work there :grimacing:
At least I have a professional in my family who is doing the install as soon as Iā€™m ready.
Since this will be my first magnet implant, Iā€™m not sure if I can give a feedback on the sensing performance anytime soon. Also I have nothing to compare withā€¦
But I would be very interested in the difference between a Haworth magnet and the Titan (simply out of curiosity, because I nearly got a Haworth short before Corona and my age at this time destroyed my plansā€¦hope there is someone here in the forum who can compare them anytime soon)
But I believe the Titan might be the better choice in the end. :wink:

EDIT: Just checked my tracking again and it says now: with delivery courierā€¦ :star_struck: hoping again :sweat_smile: well this thing is giving me some up and down recently :rofl:

And another short edit: Titan arrived!!! I love it so much just by looking at it!!! :heart_eyes: Now I take a closer look at the Titan spoiler thread, also to share my first impressions. :laughing:

4 Likes

Cheering for you!! :star_struck:

Getting stuff stuck in the postal system is always a nightmare!
Gladly it should reach you soon enough!!

Weā€™ll be waiting for your comments on the spoiler thread! :grin:

Let it heal properly before exposing to a microwave and the likesā€¦ :wink:

And then Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be able to comment on it!

2 Likes