The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

This, totally.

And yeah, even though a lot of people are still missing, we’re already pretty mixed considering age, gender, origin and supposedly a lot of other things - but I think that’s one of the reasons for a lot of interesting topics up here :wink:

1 Like

I’d rephrase that to more interesting discussions.

Topics are easy, it’s the still gettting along even though we have wildly divergent viewpoints that blows me away.

1 Like

Yeah it is kinda crazy how the entire internet is turned brother against brother and friend against friend over politics and anything you could imagine.
Yet the only thing that really ever causes arguments around here are random tiny disagreements, not the political or gun talk :smile:

1 Like

Are you callin my disagreements, TINY? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Here comes my theory about group behaviour:
Diversity is awesome if the group going towards the same goal.

When people brag about shit online… technically their goal is the same, they want to be heard, but they don’t go together towards anything.

While with us, but you can observe this elsewhere, like furries, or gamers, or whatnot, the more eclectic the group is the more tasks they can sort out.

Therefore I celebrate diversity if we SHARE a common goal!

Edit: It is not my theory to be precise. I heard it!

1 Like

Most toxic bunch on the internet, from my experience - and I’m one myself :smile:

Then I think you’d agree with my theory that an alien invasion could be the best thing that happened to humanity. A common enemy.

2 Likes

Nope.
1 group would want to fight.
1 group would want to worship.
1 group would want to study / learn.
1 group would want to appease.

1 teeny tiny little group would try to issue sanctions and pass a worldwide ban on alien invasions.

Everybody would disagree.

4 Likes

You forgot the most characteristic human group: the one that collaborates with the aliens and informs on all the others.

2 Likes

I might agree on that, depending on the context.
Covid, however is a common enemy, but we can see enemy in each other by spreading it, so I have to think about the alien theory a bit. But good thought! I was thinking about it already.

1 Like

Depending on what sweet sweet “cyborg technology” these aliens arrive with, I have to assume that most of the people here would fall into “worship” or “study/learn”.
Especially after seeing the response to the titan (myself included here).

3 Likes

I have to agree whether it’s the PC vs Console wars or the “Fake Gamer Girls” or the just genuinely rude people that can’t just let you enjoy the game.

Anal probes not allowed, Amal already has that one covered.

1 Like

5 Likes

Yeeees… being, literally, a gaming girl since the early 90s, those annoy me a lot… It’s totally okay, even a great thing, to play computer games and being a woman, but getting publicity just because of “hey, I’ve got tits, please support me on twitch!” is not great. Additionally, I met several girls who were just bad, and who got supported ingame because of being “nice” to the guys… sigh.
I met several really badass female gamers as well, of course!

3 Likes

Yep, that’s what I meant! Even a threat, without the presence of actual invaders could just, if at all cause unification under a common goal. People would fall into the trap described by the Tragedy of Common Fields sooner than one might think.

1 Like

Is this where the comment TOOGTFO comes from?
Edit: It has several versions, it generally starts with Tits Out, or Boobs Out, or Show Tits, and the end is Or GTFO or Or Leave or Or Close Window…

Gamer1: Hey, I’ma gamer girl, and new to the forum, could you please recommend…
Gamer2: Hey, TOOGTFO
Gamer3: It’s sexist, dude!
Gamer2: It would be sexist if I treated her differently because she was a girl.
Gamer3: Yeah, makes sense.

…i saw it on UrbanDictionary, Im not a gamer, have no skills…

Must admit, I don’t know this… :woman_shrugging:

Yeaaaah… might be that way :wink:
But to be honest, in all my online-gaming time, I was never really harassed by my fellow male gamers. They made their jokes and all, but nothing respectless.

And that’s already (in this example) the first thing that startles me - why do you have to tell everyone you’re a girl, directly in the first line? They’ll find out anyway^^

2 Likes

“Tits or GTFO” originated on the old chan boards with the “rules or the internet” stuff that was floated through there. One of the rules was something along the lines of “there are no girls on the internet”, and with the anonymity that’s synonymous with the chan’s, the idea that “if you’re calling attention to your gender, you must just be after clout” arose, so they began saying “tits or GTFO” as a way of underscoring this idea.

Pretty shitty reasoning that doesn’t hold up and is based in copious amounts of misogyny, but yeah, that’s the epistemology

2 Likes

I was about to say this.

1 Like

After seeing The stockpiling at the start with disregard for others, people bringing politics into it, and especially in Australia state blaming. Covid has felt very Us vs Them with IT being a side character and not Us vs It