The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

hmmm, maybe i could convince someone of that… when are the meetups usually held?

We’re still kinda trying to sort out the first one :wink:

3 Likes

Hey, I vote for at least another one here in Germany (mah, okay… Europe?^^) - just because I’m a lazy bitch sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:
Additionally, we could meet in Cologne, and everyone interested in my scarification might just book some time with my artist :smile: Guess he might look slightly surprised with a bunch of crazy people on his doorstep…^^

4 Likes

Same thought here! Germany would be nice :grin: my big sister @ShaakPsi and I are Titan backers too. I’m living most of the time in the year in Germany, and Cologne is one of the places I want to visit anytime soon!

3 Likes

Cologne is within driving distance (about 1 hour)… count me in!

4 Likes

I call for the aussies to run a meet up one day, i am always so surprised at how many there are of us

3 Likes

Cries in Aussie, why does this country have to so far spread out?
Me --> Sydney, is slightly further than Frankfurt - Germany --> London - UK. Where that trip passes through 4 countries, I wouldn’t have left the state yet…

Makes things like meetups, and finding an installer a righteous pain in the rear.

But yes, distance be damned, I’m keen for a meetup :smiley:

Damn, I was 1h from Cologne too not so long ago. Now I’m 3 days away.

Yet another aussie who’d love for a meetup - sometimes I wish I lived in Europe or America.

One day maybe…

I’m ‘fortunate’ that I live in one of the state capitals, I’d hate to think how much worse access is in rural areas.

1 Like

I can pay £20 for a ticket to Cologne, if therz nothing in London I’m up for that.
Best case scenario I double up!

2 Likes

Hehe, great to see how many people are okay with Cologne - that raises my hopes :wink:
But, given all this fucking pandemic is “gone” some day, I’d travel elsewhere as well, of course, as long as my budget and work planning allow me to…
We had some “cyborg fair” in Germany 5 years ago (and yeah, I missed it -.- ), but sadly, it was never repeated… would be so great if something like that could be revived

3 Likes

Ryanair gave a good reason:
Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 12.48.45

Damn, that’s super cheap. Very jealous! Kinda makes sense though. Will prices / access change due to Brexit though?

Yeah lol ofc it’s cheap. Friday 13th.
Cologne is fine with me aswell, I’d rather meet in Berlin but that’d be too good :smiley:

1 Like

Nah, generally discont airlines are dirt cheap in the UK. Edit: In Europe.
My aussie friends get ancestry visa and travel the heck out of them in 2 years.

1 Like

I should do that… mum’s side was originally from the UK. Maybe once this pandemic is over I’ll come over!

Knowing Ryanair at that price that’ll be standing only (if they could), no toilet and no luggage. Not even a spare pair of pants in your pocket :grimacing:

I feel your pain. It makes cool transportation like high speed rail uneconomical for most. You either drive for days or deal with the bullshit that air travel has become.

1 Like

Mine is gonna cost me nearly 800 USD.

1 Like

Yep, it was awesome… That’s where I met Tim Cannon and Shawn Sarver (Grindhouse Wetware) and piercer Tom van Oudenaarden (Piercing Studio Utrecht) who all three had the Northstar V1 implanted, Patrick Kramer (Digiwell), Enno Park (Cyborgs eV) and Hannes Sjöblad for the first time :slight_smile:
There was going to be another event (MetaMarathon Cyborgs) at the same location this year but it was cancelled because of Corona.

2 Likes