The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

Paging Rosco

4 Likes

And Iā€™m creepy? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok ya I really had to work hard not to make a comment on that one. I mean you should at least write the alphabet with your tongue every once in a whileā€¦

4 Likes

3.0 is considered critical, if you have enough lactic acid in your body to dissolve titanium you have bigger problemsā€¦or are a xenomorph

2 Likes

Iā€™m kind of surprised that there isnā€™t an industry standard test substance. We have a recipe for faux Moon regolith, why not for (for the lack of a more precise term) human juice?

Surely that would accelerate testing in all sorts of medical devices.

4 Likes

Semi related.

For peoples urine and blood, we add Hydrochloric acid to them before testing occasionally.

If Amal wants, I can soak one in 1M HCL, or 12M HCL.

After typing that out, I remembered one of the studies I posted, had titanium in sheep teeth. The saliva and grinding would accelerate the titanium breaking down. I assume that is a way to have ā€œacceleratedā€ testing.

I just take the blood and stuff and start the testing process. I donā€™t read peoples stuff, so I wouldnā€™t have known that.

For sure.

1 Like

No point I feel like really.

1 Like

Yea I have pretty much a whole clinical lab to myself for 40 hours a week, itā€™s pretty sweet

1 Like

This is how you get evil geniuses and or some really stupid but fun ideas

Thatā€™s unfortunate, you should take better care of yourself

:joy:

3 Likes

Is there any better, more precise, term than ā€œhuman juiceā€? :rofl:

3 Likes

Meat Marinade ?

3 Likes

I actually spent some time with tongue gymnastics (might have looked a bit like that goatā€¦) when I was thinking about getting my tongue split - a lot of the possible separate movement of the two parts of a split tongue depends on how good you can move your tongue in stupid ways (like, rolling it and such). :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So this reminds me, one of the worst things

Have you ever gotten a tounge cramp?
No I donā€™t mean tired or sore

I mean the full on ā€œsieze and clenching of the muscle making you think itā€™s about to rip itself freeā€ kind of cramp

I get it from time to time, underneath your jaw, just to the side of the throat,

Worst part is, you donā€™t know what to do, usually when you get a cramp you know which way to move it to help make the cramp stop,

This is just ungracful flapping and random mouth and jaw movements

Misread this as Meat Marinaraā€¦ and Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m upset about it

2 Likes

Hell no - luckily not, and I didnā€™t know such a thing even existsā€¦ (though it makes sense of course - every muscle could do thatā€¦)
Sounds terribly pianful and annoyingā€¦ and with my piercing in there, it might be quite dangerous for my teeth :wink:

Do you have any idea what causes this?

Neither did I till I had the first one a couple years ago,

only ever happens once in a blue moon, so Iā€™d guess the usual stuff that causes muscle cramps
Along with a healthy dosage of just being weird

You can get cramps in very unlikely places. Once or twice a year, I get one somewhere I shall not mention that prevents me from sitting down for 2 hours, and then it hurts for a whole day afterwards. When it happens, I truly wish someone came and knocked me unconscious or something: itā€™s one of the most painful cramps you can get, and there ainā€™t nothing you can do about it.

Iā€™ve gotten a cramp in the muscle(s) you use to perform a kegel for seemingly no reason before, and it was definitely not a good time.

Yep, particularly when yawningā€¦

Press up into the cramp with your thumbā€¦ hard. The only way to stretch the muscle is to apply a lot of pressure. It stops the expansion of the cramp and brings it down in seconds.

Yesā€¦ in elementary school I tried to swallow my own tongue. I ended up ā€œpullingā€ my tongue and had to go to the nurse. My parents debated their college savings at that point!

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking we might be getting too close to the holidays to expect timely shipping. Between Christmas, Covid-stay-at-home shopping, and the currently borked state of shipping in general, we might end up in the new year.

And yes, I do keep checking this thread hoping for an update.

4 Likes