The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

Magnets in general or the titan specifically?

Magnets have the uses of picking up small metal objects like tiny screw, the ability to sense or feel other magnetic fields ( you’d be surprised at how many everyday items have magnets in them), and being able to activate magnetic sensors or reed switches with a finger.

As for the titan specifically, it’s coating won’t fail after several years like most of not all other magnets on the market, and it is stronger than most others on the market.

1 Like

That’s interesting. I’d try to use it for (magic) tricks. If I could afford it.

1 Like

Darn. This magnet seems to be exactly what I need (ie something that will be permeant and I can have implanted at the back of my head) but it seems I missed out on the purchase :frowning:

A second batch is quite likely now. I’m curious though, why the back of the head? Bone conduction of sound?

1 Like

Hello and Welcome!
You got my attention, please tell me more!

Whoa! , First post and quite an entrance.

fz8I

You can’t leave us hanging like that, please expand…

Fear not, there is a good chance that there could/ should be another campaign next year.

4 Likes

This is an official shipping update…

Titans will not ship until after Christmas, but everything is coming together to be able to ship shortly after. Chamber testing is still in process and there has been no indication of metal fatigue or field strength loss.

Some trays have arrived, with a bulk of them in transit to me now.

Once they all arrive the pouches will be loaded and trays will be stacked and I’ll ship them all off to the sterilization processor!

6 Likes

Great update Amal, but I just want to watch you open a cardboard box with a hammer…

Or maybe a hacksaw

hack box

I sometimes put easter eggs into photos and videos to see who catches them. This was unintentional, but I do enjoy the fact at least one person will be going back to have a second look at my recent posts :wink:

3 Likes

sneaky amal

As long as my envelope wasn’t opened with a hammer :wink:

giphy (2)

4 Likes

…you DID get it tho right?

laughs at mc hammer dance nervously

2 Likes

waiting make me reeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

lolwut?

2 Likes

hammer_time

1 Like

I have been waiting so long for this and I missed it. I’m dying inside. Does anyone know if this is the one and only order?

It’s talked about more up above (I would recommend reading through the thread, although it is pretty long), but a second round of crowdfunding seems very likely at this point, although not yet 100% certain by any means.

1 Like

Hey @amal, you think those tags I posted earlier would work if attached and sealed on the Titan? That would be nuts, nfc+ magnet!

I’m not amal, but AFAIK, wouldn’t work well, if at all. Magnets cause major issues with NFC, since communication & power with RFID is done via magnetic/inductive coupling. The magnetic field interferes like crazy, which is why it’s recommended that the xG3 is spaced a good bit apart (amal said 25 days ago that he would guess to keep the xG3 at least 5cm apart from RFID implants).

Especially if you’re talking about the tiny ntags thread, the read range is already so short, that any kind of interference would cause issues, I’m sure, plus as amal mentioned, it would also have to be sealed in biopolymer, which would further decrease read range.

EDIT: I was curious, so I did a small, very unscientific test. Since amal said the read range of the unsealed tiny NTAGs was similar to the NExT, I threw a small neodymium magnet I had lying around (smaller & a bit less powerful than the one inside the titan) onto my implant, and attempted to scan it. Nada, nothing at all. I then threw the magnet on my xSIID and tried again, and no blinkies at all. Totally messed with the coupling.

2 Likes