The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

This is accurate… but I’m not sure the field is the cause any more than the iron itself inside the magnet. It just doesn’t turn out well.

1 Like

In this video I put a test card right on the edge of the field and then rubbed a magnet all over it. You can see how the position of the magnet affected the field shape enough to cause the LED to light sometimes. It works both ways. The problem is not a binary “magnet bad” or “magnet good”, it’s more like “magnet unpredictable” which makes it usually bad.

7 Likes

anyone else getting this for embedded youtube vids lately?

Seems to work okay for me:

When I get “Playback ID” errors, it usually means I have Noscript and uBlock Origin blocking too much stuff. But I’m guessing you’re not running those in full paranoid mode like I do, so it can’t be that :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I get Brave shields up, I get that same error.

DT is on my whitelist for so long I had to double check if my shields were up or not! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I can’t remember where I read it, but I remember Amal saying that it was expensive to have the magnets sterilized. I was curious about how much stuff cost, and this site has contract E.O. for what I view as reasonable. I also don’t know the bottom lines for what Amal does.

1 Like

How / where did you find pricing on that website?

Services --> sterilization services.

Screenshot from mobile.

1 Like

I bet they ask a lot of questions that result in either lying or admiting it’s for human use

And then they say no

I bet they save a shit ton on insurance by not doing human stuff

Not sure where I fall on it lying is ok or not in this scenario, no judgment either way

Pretty sure they do human stuff.

1 Like

Can’t do EO though. We’re doing plasma

FUCK YEAH!!!

4 Likes

@ODaily, does your sterilisator affect magnetic strength? :thinking:
Also is it FDA approved? :smirk:
Also-also, can I please borrow it to look cool while asking out someone? :wink: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sure, and if she says yes, she’s a special kinda girl. Keep her.

1 Like

Thanks! …didn’t know you have a mind reading device as well :woozy_face:

As we are getting close to the delivery date most of us should have clear idea about preferred locations. (I mean implanting the Titan, not going on a date this time…)
Should we make a new poll to see the results?

1 Like

Both ring finger tips. I think it would bother me to have a sensation in one hand, but not the other. I might invert the polarity of them though, but I am leaning towards not.

Is it because of sticking your fingers together or some other reason I haven’t think of yet?

Nope. Just not sure if they would feel different, and I would dislike my body feeling something in one hand, but not the other. I enjoy symmetry

1 Like

You’d love it either way!

Poll is posted in the relevant topic. I listed all the locations I could think of and were mentioned in the forum. I expect 90% fingertip, but excited to see how the rest goes :sunglasses:

Just a quick update here… the Titans are all stacked in trays and waiting to go to the sterilization place. They are closed until the 5th though. More updates once we ship them out.

13 Likes