The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

How can I send SP gifs ¯\›(º_o)‹/¯ via Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 04.29.54 ??

1 Like

To be honest, I didn’t really think about that yet… I don’t plan on using it, so I kinda forgot that it’s in the package :smile:

I’m not sure if it’s legally okay to import it… I just hope Amal labels the box as “electronic stuff” or whatever, so nobody bothers to look into it. :wink:
But I think there will be quite a lot of countries affected by that - how do the others handle the PMK?

PMK / injectable is often treated differently to a topical cream… but that’s a good point, I wonder how many people would be affected laws regarding the import of lidocaine. In Australia, the gel is just fine to import as it’s under the 10% lidocaine limit for topicals.

Even within the domestic US it varies a ton. It’s legal federally, but per-state it differs a lot. In Indiana, where I live, it looks like the injectable version is likely both illegal to administer, purchase, or possess, unless you’re an actual “licensed pharmacist, registered nurse, or licensed practical nurse”. The laws are vague though.

Topicals are 100% fine though.

FWIW, I ordered an electronic cigarette atomizer from the Philippines a few months ago (the Filipinos make great vaping products for some reason). Since it’s illegal to import here, I arranged for the guy to stick it inside a consumer electronics product of some kind.

3 weeks later, I received a very nice, brand-new space heater, complete with the manual and everything. The box had obviously been opened by customs, but they were none the wiser. I took the space heater apart and found the “real” product neatly mounted inside on a threaded plate glued to the inside of the casing, as if if was part of the space heater’s internals. Very slick! Them guys sure know how to get around local legislations. Now I have me a nice atomizer and a nice space heater :slight_smile:

Just sayin’, the same sort of thing could be done with the gel. You know, like stick it in a empty tube of toothpaste and ship it alongside other sundries, that sort of thing…

2 Likes

That’s getting to smuggling, though.

DT plays nice with DHL. They get things through pretty well.

1 Like

Seemed relevant.

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/465fjm/i_dont_always_get_packages_from_my_father_but/

1 Like

packaging thickness will affect field measurement results

this.

1 Like

Can’t he just think it real hard and have it show up on your system?

1 Like

thought transmission is one way only… my thoughts download to his noggin, but i’m not interested in your thoughts :wink:

3 Likes

Oooohh.
Like a spam filter. Genius.

1 Like

source (1)

Here’s what I’d do then:

• Measure the field of one magnet through the packaging
  • Take magnet out of packaging, measure the field out of packaging, ensure it is acceptable
  • Now you have a reference measurement of the strength of the field through the packaging for a “good” magnet, you can test all the others through the packaging.

That way you only need to undo one packaging.

1 Like

sure that makes sense, but I really only have to spot test one or maybe two in order to determine if the process killed field strength… and i have the 10 test magnets that came out of the chem bath for that… those are my lot subjects for testing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, at that price, I assumed you wanted to do 100% sampling :slight_smile:

Just be careful where you “stick 'em”

I have a couple of questions about the titan, and I tried searching them, but didn’t see answers after a bit of scrolling through the results, so sorry if I’m asking questions that have already been asked.

Q1 Is the magnet going to cost 500$ or was that just something with preordering/crowd funding. And if it won’t cost 500 will it be more or less?

Q2 What makes this one different from the other magnet available?

Q3 In the event of a MRI or other similar circumstances, how hard would this be to remove? Is it as simple as a cut and wave near a metal thing or does it require something else?

I don’t think I can answer your first and last question but the second is pretty easy for me.

The titan magnet is different from other biomagnets by being completely encased in a welded titanium shell. This means the magnet should last way way longer than any previous silicon encased biomagnet ( some have said theirs have lasted for years but it tends to vary wildly hence the titan). Less chance of infection or loss of strength and it being encased in titanium it will probably last several decades or more without issue.

1 Like

1• Amal mentioned, that the possible 2nd batch will likely2 cost bit less.
As the path been paved…kinda.

3• MRI, no, you don’t want that.

2• You might keep the magnet for life, unless you develop allergy to metal. Other than that, the strength is pretty decent. Easy(er) to install compared to polymer coated. There is thick metal around the magnet, it ain’t gonna flake off. You can install it to a wide variety of spaces…etc…

If I were you I’d browse this topic, while waiting for the next batch. Some of the information is relevant. Despite some of us (me) tend to off the rails.

Do you want to specify what would you like the most in your magnet? Maybe we could help more. I remember you browsing the xG3 (glass magnet) topic as well…maybe :thinking:?