The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

I think those are quite fair parameters! :relieved:

Even more since you actually asked us! :smile:

2 Likes

As long as these ones donā€™t magically get laser etchedā€¦ but seriously, no issue at all. Appreciate ya keeping the Hall Of Titans original though.

2 Likes

I dont have a horse in this Race, but my opinion for what itā€™s worth.

Putting myself in the shoes of the first batch backers

The coupon offered with the first batch is worth far more than $200 difference.
So the pioneers ā€œstill winā€.

On top of that is the hall of Titans and early adopter privilege.

So that is
:cherries:
:icecream:

One question that comes in my mind when I read this: What about the numbing gel?! Itā€™s not mentioned on the list. @amal

And there is another thing that makes me a little bit sadā€¦ Well, I was first thinking about writing this not public but since Iā€™m someone who is not hiding thoughts, I give it a try here.
Also sorry if Iā€™m getting a little bit emotional now, still confused. I lost my job yesterday, because the small store that I started to work for a little while ago must close forever at the end of the month. The lockdown was to long for them.

The other thing that hurts me a bit more than expected is this wonderful box. Some might think now, why Iā€™m complaining about this.
But I thought that it was specially made for us, the first Titan backers. This made it so special for me. Now reading that the second batch will come also in this box, feels for me like itā€™s not that unique anymore. Donā€™t get me wrong, but all those who were first backers took all the risk, not the people who are coming now, who had a lot more time to save money for this second batch. This box was for me a little special gift since Iā€™ve heard of Michelle who spend months to do the awesome design specially for us backers.
It leaves me a little bit heartbroken. Itā€™s nearly the same sad feeling that I had after hearing that it will be not possible to get our custom laser etchingā€¦
Iā€™m okay with all other points, but thinking about so much more Titans coming up in the futureā€¦ It hurts me.
Sorry if I sound like a little stupid kid right now, but I think of all the first backers who donā€™t normally have that much money around. Some backers needed the full time of the campaign to join in. Some others had no problem getting a entire Titan collection.

Honestlyā€¦ I already saved money for the upcoming second batch of Titans, but after loosing my job, everything changed. Iā€™ve been through a lot of s#*t the past yearsā€¦ I might be only 18 years old, but I was as good as dead already two times in my lifeā€¦ The Titan is at the moment the only light in this hard times with Corona, lockdown and all that stuffā€¦ So it hurts even more, knowing that canā€™t get me a second Titan nowā€¦ even if I would really love to have one or even two moreā€¦ I not even sure if I can buy me some other things with the backer coupon anymoreā€¦ everything changed.
And now after reading this with the box, I start to imagine those people who saved money since last year to buy themselves four, five, six or even more Titansā€¦
Good for themā€¦but the Titan might be a ā€œonce in lifetimeā€ thing for me, maybe also for a few other people here. So I would like to have the first batch to be remembered as unique as possible.

Sorry again for being so emotional right now, also for the long post here. And sorry if all I was writing above doesnā€™t make any sense for you. Maybe itā€™s only a that Iā€™m overreacting a little bit after this shock yesterday so it might be better I should leave the forum for some time until Iā€™m feeling better and donā€™t write such stupid stuff anymore. Sorry.
Farewell for now.

10 Likes

Hey Magneta - first of all, feel hugged or whatever might bring a little smile onto your face. I feel very bad for your situation, and I seriously hope you will find a solution for thatā€¦ sometimes they just magically appear to you, try to keep hoping! :unicorn:

I really like what you wrote, and after reading (and totally understanding!) it, I asked myself why I was even happy that all Titans will be shipped in this nice boxā€¦
I feel like Michelle made that beautiful packaging specifically for us, and that still stands - when she made it, nobody knew if there would ever be a second batch. So she made that with us in mind, and to give this very exclusive and kinda high-end magnet a worthy wrapping. Now, I would be a bit sad if this nice design would no longer get usedā€¦ and if I imagine this special magnet getting sent just in a ā€œnormalā€ little paper box, it just feels unfitting to me (just my humble opinion, feel free to disagree :wink: ).

Yeah, I think I understand thatā€¦ for me, knowing that I was one of the ā€œfirst batch Titansā€ ( :smile: ), and that my picture is sitting in some Hall of Fame (which few people outside of this crazy wonderful community will ever visit^^) is enough, but everyone draws this line somewhere else, and I can understand if the box is equally important for you.
Maybe there is some possible compromise, like, same box, but in a dark grey or even white? So there is still some distinction, but the Titan is always shipped in a box that looks worthy of it^^

And even if not, try to remember that Michelle made that box just for you (or rather, us all), and that will always stand - you do not lose that, even if other, later Titan buyers might get the same boxes (and hopefully be equally happy about it!) :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Never be sorry for expressing yourself!

And you donā€™t sound neither stupid nor kiddish!
Totally get where youā€™re coming from!

And that might be shit nowā€¦
But you know what? The bright side is that everything will change again!

For that is the Vicissitude of life!

alsoā€¦

Jumping on that train as well!! :women_wrestling:
(We are seriously lacking hug emojis here!)

From my personal point of viewā€¦ the surprise we all got when seeing this special box is something that no one else will have.

It was such a strong collective feeling that it even prompted us to open a whole new thread as to not spoil others!

Not to mention the special card we got.

But reading your post I can totally understand your point as well!

That sounds like a cool Idea!

Thatā€™s my way of seeing it too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway, @Magneta, there is no need for you to run away!
You expressed yourself, were brave, and weā€™re all here by your side whenever you need!

5 Likes

thats me everytime i get a mail notification!

2 Likes

I am very excited for batch 2. I will probably get 3 more so i can can have two in each hand.

1 Like

I just realized I forgot to ask to be on the hall of fame @amal

Awesome! I canā€™t wait :smiley:
How about the lifetime guarantee? :no_mouth:

dm me your order number and a square photo of you at least 400px x 400px

yep!

2 Likes

pretty sure every DT implant has a Lifetime Guarantee or warranty

3 Likes

Marvelous!

1 Like

Glad to have helped pave the way. Do it!

1 Like

I would definitely be into getting in on the second batch. Any idea when the pre order will start?

I would like to get a Titan magnet too. I just found out about its campaign which was too late. If there is a link to get on the waiting list please post it here.

Hi to you both, welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Amal mentioned a second batch coming in march :slight_smile:

Unfortunately not. Best to keep looking into this thread periodically for that (I know that there is a lot of other conversations going on here).
There will probably be an announcement in the category Dangerous announcements as well.

1 Like

For the low price of $99,999.00 I have one to sell.

2 Likes

Little question: Iā€™m a big player of arcade rhythm games and I smash big buttons all day longā€¦ Do you think the titan is robust enough to not break? Iā€™d like to implant it in my finger