The official Titan crowdfunding campaign thread

Wait a sec, is Corona in the US like Fosters in AUS? Where everyone assumes we drink it but no one actually does? :open_mouth:

happy

It finally arrived!

And, although all others already said it - a giant, big thank you @amal and @mdanger! The magnet itself looks promising and I know it will be a technically perfect product, and the packaging is just marvellous - I will definitely keep it, just because it is really beautiful and totally makes up for the special occasion it was used for :wink:
Those wonderful and unexpected details are one of the reasons I love DT :slight_smile:

edit: come to think of it - a big thank you to all other backers as well! Without you, I would never ever gotten my hands on something like that :wink:

12 Likes

Yeah, Fosters. Same shit.

You know Corona is crap because itā€™s featured prominently in Fast & Furious. Crap products go together like a house on fire.

Whoohooo!!

1 Like

Only as a photo op prop at the start of the pandemic.

Sorry about the extension of the derail. Move if desired.

Whatā€™s the best way to get notified when batch 2 is available to order? I missed the boat on the original campaign and Iā€™m feeling left out!

2 Likes

Probably keeping watch of this thread, or watching for an announcement on the forum about batch two

2 Likes

2 Likes

I was hoping for an email signup or something along those lines. Iā€™ve been waiting for a new magnet since my SMM and then m31 failed, but I donā€™t hang out in these forums because Iā€™m not into implanting chips. Not to mention that magnet development had seemingly stalled for years. By the time I heard about the Titan they were all gone.

A simple ā€œclick here to be notified when this item is back in stockā€ is what Iā€™m talking about.

Edit: definitely donā€™t need a notification every time someone posts about receiving theirs. Iā€™m jealous enough already!

You are just going to have to keep an eye out I am afraid.

The last campaign went for ~ month

Here was an update from a 2 weeks ago, so it doesnā€™t sound far off

If you do that on the Dangerous Announcements category it may be less noisy.

But yeah that would be a nice feature.

2 Likes

definitely subscribe to the Dangerous Announcements category

Anything new gets posted there and only we can post, so itā€™s a pretty good email alert to sign up for.

2 Likes

Until the vibrations feature of the Apex is implemented.

2 Likes

more like electromyostimulation feature :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oops, my implant is ringing.

3 Likes

Hey Titan Backersā€¦ batch 2 is coming in March!

For this new batch, we are considering the following;

• Price of $299
  • 30 backer minimum
  • Same great packaging
  • No Titan backer coupon
  • No Hall of Titans

What do you original backers think about batch 2 parameters?

17 Likes

I think itā€™s pretty fair. I still feel like I made a good deal, even thoā€™ I cant get it installed until batch 2 drops.
(Looking at you future implants with a huge discount.)

3 Likes

I think it sounds fair - the hall and the coupon were for those who took the ā€œinitial riskā€, so to say; and the new price is a really good one. The minimum of 30 backers should be totally achievable, and I think itā€™s actually nice to provide the same beautiful packaging.

So :+1: and I think itā€™s great you prepare to do another batch!

3 Likes

No issues with that :+1:

2 Likes

I got into the Titan campaign for two reasons.

A. To get magnets for me, :white_check_mark:

B. To open the magnet market it up for regular supply. Sounds like a :white_check_mark: to me!

Iā€™d agree though, the Hall of Titans and, to a lesser extent, the coupons really are for the early backers.

Kind of exciting to see the Titan getting past the first giddy rush order.

5 Likes