The xMagic is here!

Similar to xM1 for HF and ditto for NExT for LF :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very cool development! I’ve had my eye on a NeXT as one of my first two implants, but this is definitely worth considering. The place where I work now has minimal security concerns, so they only bother with a LF card and the only time I might expect to see a NFC card would be if a hotel had one. My thought with a NeXT would be to use the NFC half to hold a link or something, and only invest in a Magic implant if I encounter a specific compatible card that I’d like to fully clone.

For those of you that have used Magic NFC chips, what are your experiences?

1 Like

Just FYI, the Mifare chip type (legit or the magic mifare) is not NFC compliant. You can use it with some NFC phones, but not all (no iPhone support)… Android phones that use an NFC reader chip from NXP can read/write NDEF data but phones that use other NFC reader chips cannot do much with the mifare card format at all.

4 Likes

Ah! Good reminder. Since I’m in ecosystem de la iPhone, that narrows my use cases down to exactly cloning a card. Cheers to all those that’ve been waiting for this new implant. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If this magic mifare chip is the same as the one in the Magic Ring, I figured out a way for it to work with iPhones, but you need a Proxmark to “activate” it.

Open the pm3 environment

First, you have to scan for tags, make sure it’s a mifare.

Second, you run hf mf ndefformat on your mifare ring or implant or whatever

Third, you download and install NFCTools on iPhone. The non pro version works for this. In the app, you click the gear in the left corner and switch the little slider from normal to compatibility mode.

Go back to the Home Screen of NFC TOOLS. Hit read and find the tag sweet spot. If formatted correctly, the magic tag will come up as as an unknown tag. Great. Now you know you can read it. Use nfctools to write to it as normal. URL, contact info, phone number, whatever.

Now any nfc capable phone should be able to read the data, even iPhones. I’ve personally tested this with an iPhone and with many other peoples phones in the wild.

4 Likes

Couldn’t resist, one more before I go to bed :smiley:
20230525_234719

6 Likes

Dam it! :grin:
I have an xM1 and xEM waiting to be installed, but would much rather have a 2in1 … No issue or concerns about the chips touching or anything else …

2 Likes

For those in the UK, Europe etc: Dangerous Things xMagic Chip Implant - Dangerous Things, Gadgets & Tools, RFID NFC Tools, XSeries RFID Injectable Implants - KSEC Solutions

1 Like

Oh fuck yes. Immediate buy.

3 Likes

@amal
You should do a xMagc + NExT bundle :+1:

(Or xMagic + xSIID)

2 Likes

Ok, UK I get but why Europe? Do you have stock in a European location? If not we’re in for the same (if not more) import taxes than from the US with greater delays.

The UK is still in Europe (just not the EU) after Brexit. The import tax rate is set by your country regardless to where it’s coming from, so it’s the same.

We also have DHL express and economy mail so may work out cheaper/more expensive but you’ll need to check.

All of our mail is shipped from the UK currently but an EU/USA warehouse is on the horizon but still a while away yet.

3 Likes

Plus we have a lot of cool stuff :wink:

3 Likes

As an English man living in southern Europe I can assure you that the costs involved in importing from the uk have changed radically since we left the union.

“The import tax rate is set by your country regardless to where it’s coming from, so it’s the same.”

No, import duty from countries outside the EU is very different from those within (which was the point of an economic union).

3 Likes

i ordered! how long till you have them?

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out how this is different from the NExT?

My usage is to open locks with the xEM v2 type board.

Both hf and LF.

Would either work?
Is this better than the NExT?

Sorry. Not wrapping my head around the differences.

The xMagic looks like an xM1+xEM whereas the NeXT is a xEM+xNT

2 Likes

As mentioned by @Lilbitz above, thats exactly what it is.

“better” is subjective, BUT either will work for your Bus project.
HOWEVER
as you will not need to change the UID of your HF side, and you will be able to enroll your implant into the reader, the NExT will be the “better” option for you.

2 Likes

Why is that?

@charly
If I am interpreting this correct, I think what @Pilgrimsmaster was saying is that the NeXT is more useful in this dudes SPECIFIC use case because the UID or serial number (number that the card screams when it’s interrogated by the reader) is static or unchangable. This is okay because they will enroll the specific chip number into the bus system or access control system and will not need to change that information.

Some people may prefer the xMagic because the UID or serial on the HF side is changeable. This is good because not everyone can simply enroll their chip into someone else’s system so they may need to be able to alter the actual UID to match, say, that of a cloned work badge or hotel key.

4 Likes