Those who are backing the Titan - where are you implanting it?

naa… we’re a soupy mess inside… lots of fluid to lubricate things adequately.

1 Like

Might be just me, but is this topic drifting to a strange direction?^^

13 Likes

I’m thinking left hand ring finger center pad or pinky side. I’m after sensing first with lifting secondary.
I’m new to magnets (NExT is my only implant) and scalpel installs, so lots of research is in order.
I’d rather take my time and do it right than rush it.

All advice is welcome.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m planning as well (provided my artist is okay with my anatomy for that spot…), but I’m not sure if it is a good idea to place it in the pad… I’d like to, too, but implants shouldn’t be placed in gripping areas, so I’m a little hesitant about it. Anyone having a magnet in the fingerpad?

1 Like

This is a little off topic, but do any existent magnet implantees (magnetrons?) have them in the karate-chop edge of the hand? Does the ulnar nerve have enough tactile corpuscles at that spot for that to be a good sensing magnet location?

I use my fingers a lot (guitar, electronics repair) and would rather not have the magnet pulling my strings :sweat_smile:

Here are a couple that may be able to answer that @bOrgasm @Nbvcxz

Probably in the standard position. Ring finger non-dom.

2 Likes

Just asked local body mod studio and well, it didn’t go well.
Subdermal and magnets from 20yr old, even though I have 5 implants already :confused:
I am not keen on waiting 2 years xd

Don’t want to play the devil’s advocate here, but if the implants you’ve already got are needle-installed, this is quite a difference. You need a scalpel, a suture, different healing aftercare - so, having 5 implants probably won’t convince someone to do scalpelwork on you. :wink:
Still, I don’t understand the age restriction in this case - at least where I live, when you’re 18, you can basically do everything you want with your body (at least in the wide field of bodymods^^). Hm… dunno where you’re from, but if you’re willing to travel a bit (your name sounds european, after all :wink: ), you can take a look around europe, there are some great studios here you could contact.

I am from Poland and technically I am of age already, so I don’t really know why is there this additional age restriction.
I guess I need to find another studio.

If you like to visit germany and travel a few hundred kilometers, I can recommend my bodmod-artist - he’s done some insane work, don’t think he’ll care about your age (as long as you’re 18+) and is just a fun and lovely guy :wink:
Actually, I just don’t know the Polish bod-mod-scene enough to recommend something more local :smile:

I’ll think about that after I finish my driving license.
Just yesterday I’ve passed theoretical exam. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hey, congrats! :+1:
Just contact me when you need more info :wink: Don’t want to spam the forum with advertisement for my artist (well, at least not more than I already did^^).

3 Likes

i was thinking about this the other day, has anyone ever tried a “flex-style” needle installation for magnets? as in using a needle to make the pocket, rather than a scalpel. i know some people have injected xG3s into their fingertips, so i can’t imagine there’s really any reason not to go this route, especially with how much smaller these are compared to the xG3

1 Like

I am almost sure I saw someone do that, but I don’t remember where… It was a success if I remember correctly

Qualified customer recommendations are not spam :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s how both of my magnet installs went in. If you’re not really careful you can really damage your finger though, and it hurts really fuckin bad if you don’t have access to lido

1 Like

oh nice! would you mind sharing a little about how they went? like do you know what size needle was used, and where exactly on the finger, how deep?

1 Like

Additionally - scalpel work is much more fun! But again… that might just be me :smile:
But yeah, can you tell a bit about how it all went? The procedure itself, but also the healing process as well?

Glad to hear that :wink:
I just know that there are several people out there who do… mediocre work, somehow. Or who are simply unfriendly. And I’m just freakin’ happy that I found someone who is a) insanely good in his job and b) a person I trust and like a lot - that’s a rare combination (might just be me, again?^^), and so I like to spread the word a bit :wink:

You’ve said that a few times, and to each their own of course. But… seriously? What fun can you possibly find in that? Honest question - enquiring mind wants to know.