Those who are backing the Titan - where are you implanting it?

Here are a couple that may be able to answer that @bOrgasm @Nbvcxz

Probably in the standard position. Ring finger non-dom.

2 Likes

Just asked local body mod studio and well, it didn’t go well.
Subdermal and magnets from 20yr old, even though I have 5 implants already :confused:
I am not keen on waiting 2 years xd

Don’t want to play the devil’s advocate here, but if the implants you’ve already got are needle-installed, this is quite a difference. You need a scalpel, a suture, different healing aftercare - so, having 5 implants probably won’t convince someone to do scalpelwork on you. :wink:
Still, I don’t understand the age restriction in this case - at least where I live, when you’re 18, you can basically do everything you want with your body (at least in the wide field of bodymods^^). Hm… dunno where you’re from, but if you’re willing to travel a bit (your name sounds european, after all :wink: ), you can take a look around europe, there are some great studios here you could contact.

I am from Poland and technically I am of age already, so I don’t really know why is there this additional age restriction.
I guess I need to find another studio.

If you like to visit germany and travel a few hundred kilometers, I can recommend my bodmod-artist - he’s done some insane work, don’t think he’ll care about your age (as long as you’re 18+) and is just a fun and lovely guy :wink:
Actually, I just don’t know the Polish bod-mod-scene enough to recommend something more local :smile:

I’ll think about that after I finish my driving license.
Just yesterday I’ve passed theoretical exam. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hey, congrats! :+1:
Just contact me when you need more info :wink: Don’t want to spam the forum with advertisement for my artist (well, at least not more than I already did^^).

3 Likes

i was thinking about this the other day, has anyone ever tried a “flex-style” needle installation for magnets? as in using a needle to make the pocket, rather than a scalpel. i know some people have injected xG3s into their fingertips, so i can’t imagine there’s really any reason not to go this route, especially with how much smaller these are compared to the xG3

1 Like

I am almost sure I saw someone do that, but I don’t remember where… It was a success if I remember correctly

Qualified customer recommendations are not spam :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s how both of my magnet installs went in. If you’re not really careful you can really damage your finger though, and it hurts really fuckin bad if you don’t have access to lido

1 Like

oh nice! would you mind sharing a little about how they went? like do you know what size needle was used, and where exactly on the finger, how deep?

1 Like

Additionally - scalpel work is much more fun! But again… that might just be me :smile:
But yeah, can you tell a bit about how it all went? The procedure itself, but also the healing process as well?

Glad to hear that :wink:
I just know that there are several people out there who do… mediocre work, somehow. Or who are simply unfriendly. And I’m just freakin’ happy that I found someone who is a) insanely good in his job and b) a person I trust and like a lot - that’s a rare combination (might just be me, again?^^), and so I like to spread the word a bit :wink:

You’ve said that a few times, and to each their own of course. But… seriously? What fun can you possibly find in that? Honest question - enquiring mind wants to know.

Mh, okay - let’s derail a bit :wink:
I was kinda afraid of needles for a very long time, or, I rather didn’t like them much. That has gone away after several piercings, and now I’m fine with being poked, but it’s still nothing I’d consider “pleasant”. Cutting, on the other hand, can (depending on the situation) give me a pleasant feeling. I guess that’s really hard to understand unless you feel that way, too, but it’s a sensation I like. Combined with the fact that I have to trust someone a lot to get that done (and I rarely trust people) and the fact that I like the looks and feels of my own blood, that’s a nice combo for me :slightly_smiling_face:
Hope that wasn’t too private, but you asked for it :wink:

3 Likes

No no I’m open to anything. I understand from a strictly intellectual point of view, but I can’t say I can relate. There must be a S&M element in this, surely.

Again, like I said, whatever floats your boat. As long as it doesn’t become something addictive you fight the urge to do at home - cuz apparently that’s a thing too, and disturbingly commonplace in the body modification community from what I could see in various piercer’s waiting rooms.

Needle gauges are all over the place so I’ll just do dimensions. The outer diameter of the needle was 4mm or 5mm. Both times my body mod artist inserted it pretty far, probably to about halfway down the pad off my finger (8-10mm). He did bevel up. He staunched the bleeding for about a minute and then popped the magnet in. No stitches, just a regular band-aid.

The first time was with no pain management, and it was a 3mm x 1mm TiN coated magnet. The second time I was fortunate enough to get an ice bath so the pain wasn’t as bad. It was a 3mm x 6mm parylene coated magnet. The old TiN magnet was surrounded by scar tissue, so my installer used a larger magnet to remove it and it all came out as one mass with a schlorp. Worked out well though, because it made room for us to just pop the larger magnet in the same spot.

1 Like

It is :wink:

Difficult topic, and might lead to too much derailment :wink: But I think every human being has a coping strategy for difficult situations, and if it is something that helps, for a limited time (so, not addictive), it is okay for me. Like, it’s okay if you take a pill to sleep once or twice, if you’re just in a short-time difficult situation, but it becomes a problem if you need to do it regularly. Same applies to alcohol, drugs, sex, whatever. Pleasant things can lead to addiction, and then they’re problematic. (just my humble opinion, of course)
There is a really great book about bodymods (including plastic surgery and bodybuilding) and self-harming behaviour and the relations between both, I’ll take a look if it’s available in english too, gimme a second :wink:

Oh hell… this doesn’t sound like “fun” at all… Considering how sensitive the fingertips are, that must have hurt a lot! And I’m surprised a regular band-aid worked, must have bled a lot and I wouldn’t think that a band-aid could manage to keep everything “in place” :wink:

super helpful and informative, thank you!

that’s the beautiful thing about needles, at least in my experience, they tend to leave more of a crescent shaped incision, which seems to heal a lot easier than a straight scalpel incision. that’s just my experience tho