Those who are backing the Titan - where are you implanting it?

I was only half-guessing. The day you said you wore a steel choker, I though to myself “Hmm, either she likes 19th century jewellery, or something else” :slight_smile:

And yeah, maybe that’s enough derailing… Sorry y’all!

2 Likes

I’ve not compared healing times before but they definitely seem to clot and scab and self-seal a lot faster.

1 Like

i don’t really want to talk too much about my experience with scalpels and cutting and stuff, but it definitely seems to be much much faster. maybe i’ll try to properly time/document it sometime, tho i’d rather just stop doing it entirely, to be perfectly honest

I concur: the two scalpel / skin lifter installations I’ve had went amazingly well. Specifically as a meaningful comparison between needle and scalpel, the flexM1 installation went with exactly zero problems, which is more than can be said for some of the needle installations I’ve had done before - and that’s a larger implant than a glass capsule.

Although in fairness, like Amal said, it probably only holds true if your installer is skilled with those tools, whereas an injector can be used by anybody and their dog.

2 Likes

I mean, I’ve got bad scars from needles because of poor work, and an incredibly small scar from a much larger scalpel job. It’s all up to the workmanship of the person doing it.

4 Likes

I can’t decide whether to go for the Titan or not. Really wanting to, but I wouldn’t be able to get it in my fingertips because of the size, and I have no idea if the blade’s edge (near the pinkie) has any sensing capabilities.

It’s based off of touch. If you can feel it when something pokes you there, then it should work. It’ll just work better in places with greater nerve density. For ex. Fingers.

That’s what I’m hoping for the knives edge location! No nipples either thank you very much. :stuck_out_tongue: Not sure if I really want to be the first to experiment with sensitivity there though.

There are other richly innervated body areas you might want to consider you know :slight_smile:

Hah, like where? No nether regions, as much as you guys are desperate for someone to test those theories.

1 Like

I seem to recall it has been done already.

Not sure about magnets, but there has been at least one xSIID penis install.

The foreskin may be a viable location for a Titan sensing magnet :eggplant::magnet: , but you may look odd “sensing” a plug socket…

5 Likes

On a 1 to 10 scale how silly this idea is?

Technically you could make the implant moving by 3 axis.
Lengthwise and sideways as you would with other implanted magnets.
Also around the axis by spinning it.

The idea would be to have this 3rd axis as another form of haptic feedback and the silliness depends on wether the body could sense this minuscular friction (spin) as useful or processable signal. Since we are a ‘sloppy mess’ inside I guess the effect would be or negligible or indistinguishable from other forms of vibration, like AC.
So the silly factor of my idea is determined by the difference how a vibrating versus a spinning xG3 feels.
Any fellow with relevant experience, please enlighten me! ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

This is all my best guess, but I think that is what Cassox is doing.

It looks like he made gel filled implants, with magnets in them so they can move.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong anyone.

I remember Cassox mentioning about different arrays. I guess he wanted to have torque generated by the magnets. Halbach array might be an option in finger as it is a very-very short effect, but I recon his point was to generate torque.

1 Like

That would make more sense than a free floating magnet.

Either way, his idea is good, even a free floating magnet would make sense, if you have no access to glass encapsulation. Shake the magnet inside to reduce sensation would make sense for me, sometimes I find it uncomfortable to type on certain laptops. I feel the HDD moving. (Yes, Apple, I am talking about YOU!!!)

He didn’t want to share too much specific details. Maybe he will come up with something cool when he got more results. Either way I am excited.

1 Like

Back to the topic…

I was thinking about the back of my hand. The photo shows my VivoKey.
I thought about the same place on the left hand for the magnet.
Anybody any thoughts about this? Pros, cons, maybe some have experience?

I personally would not choose this location for a sensing magnet like the Titan. In this area are not so much nerves to get good sensing results I believe. I have a xG3 magnet, not exactly in this location but it’s not that easy to feel something with it. I have three other xG3 in the same hand that give me better results. Okay, some might say that that the xG3 isn’t a pure sensing magnet and a xG3 is also no Titan, and you are right saying that, but it’s a fact that this specific area hasn’t much nerves around, so I don’t believe it would be the best location for it. As I said - my opinion. My Titan will most definitely go inside a fingertip. Even if I’m a little bit scared of any scalpel that comes close to a sensitive place like the fingertip … :sweat_smile:

Here is a picture of my xG3 locations.(And a Warning: NEVER TRY TO SELF INSTALL THE XG3 IN THESE LOCATIONS - I HAD A PROFESSIONAL DOING IT!!! ) From the red one, I get some feedback but less than from the others.

3 Likes

Holly-Molly! You have a few implants, don’t you? =) yet never enough!
I’m a good boy and listen to your advice.
I really want to avoid fingertip due to be scared of the possible discomfort, despite I never tried. Also I would like a different location from the palm.

I was thinking about lip… seriously. I would only chew on pencils afterwards and eat with my hand. Any thoughts on that?

2 Likes