Those who are backing the Titan - where are you implanting it?

How often do you or would you use a fork?

you could always use chop sticks or wooden / bamboo or plastic utensils

2 Likes

Yes I have a few implants :sweat_smile: (BTW my hand on the picture has 9 implants currently… Try to find them! Or at least the scars from the incisions… :face_with_monocle: :joy: )
My left arm + hand has 23 implants, but within this week comes number 24.
Maybe someone in the forum has a magnet closer to the place where you are planning, and has a better advice for you, but in the end it’s your body and you have to make the final decision. :slightly_smiling_face:
My husband @Cybornidas has a magnet in the fingertip, on the left side of his ring finger and he never mentioned any problems. You might want to ask him about any discomfort of this location.

I try to imagine a Titan magnet in the lips… How would sensing with the lip look like :thinking: but a funny idea of course.

5 Likes

Hardly ever. I have knifes and a silver plated spoon mainly.
But lip would restrict the capability to reach out for the EM fields, and I’m not too sure that the extra sensation (if there is any at all) would compensate for that.
But I was seriously thinking about it. Maybe I should try it with an xG3 in case I actually try it.

fed with a silver spoon… say no more :wink:

I’m okay with it, I saw funnier ideas about placements before. =)
The more I think the more I convince myself that the Titan should go into the palm…
Dang, I need to request a handful of xGs from Santa this year!

1 Like

Just plated🥄, and I got it from work. And I have to pour black coffee over my cereal because I can’t drink milk. That’s what I have with it. You not jealous of that, are you?

The red spot I am trying to convince myself again, unless someone suggests a better location.

Everyone here will recommend against placing ANYTHING in the palm side of your hand.

The ‘knife edge’ has plenty of tactile corpuscles from the ulnar nerve and should work just fine for your purposes. From what I’ve read on this forum, those who put it there agree that it works well for magnetoception, and is out of the way enough that it doesn’t cause problems in everyday life. I think there’s even a guy who is a welder and he has experienced no problems.

1 Like

… that position was reserved for a flex payment chip and motorcycle key on the other side.
I’ll keep looking then.

You could put the flex chip between your 4th and 5th metacarpal on the back side of the hand… nvm you have a magnet there
Edit: maybe above some other metacarpals?
Hmm what about placing the lesser used of the flexes above your wrist bone? That is a spot that is still relatively practical to use and yet frees up some precious hand real estate. Might not be doable if you intend to wear a watch tho

Yes, wrist bone…that could be the bike key, easier to access in gloves. I always drive/ride in gloves! And I actually planned about it ages ago. Cheers for the reminder, and I think we got a winner!! Yaay! :crazy_face: :partying_face: :champagne: :tropical_drink:

No problem, glad I could help :slight_smile:

Ohh… I missed this thread…

Ok, let’s begin with some de-railing, shall we?
About scalpel vs needlework:

Well, there is definitely some aspect where I feel needles as invasive pain, whilst blades are welcomed as soothing pain.

Yep, right there! Think I couldn’t describe it better…
(btw… if we do share some physical traits as well @Coma, I’ll start to get worried!) :sweat_smile:

Anyway, Re-railing:

I was thinking of doing the titan using that technique, just for @amal 's sake. :yum:
Always handy to document new procedures.

also because piercing wounds tend to heal faster, in my experience.

Checks for me!
I bet the shape of the incision plays a big role here. easier for the blood to seal a tight spot than a long line.

Now, relating to where to place the Titan:

I do have a few options in mind for it. But a definite no-go for me is my dominant hand. exactly because of this:

:sweat_smile:
I mean… exactly because I reach out for stuff with my dominant hand way more often, I know any magnet there is prone to blunt force trauma sooner or later. :yum:

I also understand this perfectly:

I already eat mostly with wooden chopstics anyway… :wink:
What put me off there was a combo of…
being a suboptimal placement to “reach our for fields”, combined with my passion for other folk’s lip piercings. :innocent:

which left me thinking of fingers. most specifically the outside of the tip of the non dominant ring finger:

• perfect for sensing purposes
  • perfect for reaching out for fallen screws, bolts and whatnots

on the other (methaphorical) hand, fingers are more prone to trauma or displacement. Also I got slightly concerned if the shape of the titan, which is perfect for sensing purposes, could get in the way of gripping motion somehow (I use a lot my hands, so there’s a change some blunt force might displace/rotate the magnet to a position that could become a nuisance)

And that thought led me to think of a rather unusual placement:
in between the eyes, above the bridge of the nose.
There is a spot where the skin does not change much regardless of my expressions.
It would have the downside of being less easy to “reach out” for a field I want to sense…
But on the bright side (if the math adds up), I might get some special shades I can just snap in place, without any other support. :wink:

but I know that is a stupid placement. XD
will probably end up with a classic place.

I just have to jump on the derail - I start getting nervous :smile:

This is soooo fitting! Just what I feel…
When I got my scarification, I was in a wonderful state of pleasure, serenity, happiness… felt quite a bit high, kinda :wink:

And that’s the point where I started to get nervous - few people around me understand that piercings in lips or tongue are pretty much the sexiest piercings ever! Guess we got some similarities here… :smiley:

So to get back to the actual topic - I think a placement in the forehead would be pretty interesting…
Would be interesting to see how much sensing would be in that area :thinking:

And I just have to say it - noooope, bad idea! Because skin gets crushed, blood flow gets stopped, things go bad, all that stuff :wink:

1 Like

That is exactly my point.
Needles are too fast. it’s just boring pain.
Now a proper wetwork allows adrenalin and endorphins to kick in and… if you got the right mindset, you do get a high!

Now tattoos… they get me sleepy instead, for some reason.

Absolutely! :heart_eyes:
Also… think we stumbled across at least a couple of those similarities in every thread we crossed so far! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

now back in-rail:

Yeah, I am aware it is a heinous Idea. but would look so cool!! :star_struck:

nah, seriously, I am thinking of that weird placement also because it is a place that only something with the shape of the Titan could fit in nicely, and I am curious about how would the sensing aspect manifest itself there.

Finger placement is probably much more useful for the individual. but thinking on the community, placing it on the forehead, for the sake of experimentation, might be way more interesting.

(also, I do love to read about ancient trepanation-like practices and such, and adding a new magnectic field right around there sounds eerily omnious enough)

1 Like

What now?

I ruined mine with a tattoo

4 Likes

I was pretty sure you know about that, and I added my concerns just for the sake of completeness :wink:

But for sensing, it could either be a really interesting idea (especially since it is an area with a lot of nerves running through) or maybe lead to serious headache, dunno… but it sounds like it’s worth trying it out^^ Might be a bit visible, though, since there is not much flesh to embed it in, so it might look a bit like the remains of a tiny unicorn-horn or such :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe because the pain is less intense… it is more a “scratching on the surface”. What makes the endorphines kick quite a bit, for me, is the fact that something is kinda “opening me up”. Hard to explain, but I guess you’ll get it :wink:

Ah, not ruined! :wink:
I think those lip-tattoos are - most of the time - quite funny. And there still is a nice ring, so… nope, not ruined at all :wink:

2 Likes

It was a bet, and I was told it would disappear in around 6 to 12 months. I was told that 9 years ago.

5 Likes

:rofl:
Yeah, I just decided not to write something like “hey, those things tend to fade quickly”… because, you never know :smile:
I know several people who had to have such tattoos redone frequently, but each skin is individual - guess you’re lucky :wink:

2 Likes

Deffo not ruined. :wink:
Actually the fact it is still so readable after 9 years is definitely epic! (terrible pun intended) :drum: :dvd:

you had me at unicorn! :yum:
See? I knew I would come up with some decision out of this thread!

I sure do! :wink:

1 Like

yep we’ll have to experiment to see how it pans out.

another option is a bit lower than the forehead. sort of in the below picture:

[EDIT] had to swap to post the pic from my phone. apparently Brave mobile doesn’t like this forum very much)

That marked section of skin remains almost unchanged throughout my expressions, while everything around it shifts and bobs…
so, again… either a brilliant, or awful, place. [/EDIT]