Those who are backing the Titan - where are you implanting it?

A very good way to think. :rofl:

1 Like

That placement sounds veeeery interesting as well… technicaly, the corpuscule density there should be about on par with the fingertip, and if you don’t really want it to use it for lifting, it could be just fine.

I can highly recommend P0 palm side or -0 as we’ve been calling it in the forum. It’s comfortable for sensing and for lifting, you go in through the webbing between thumb and finger which is easily tented, and the implant sits kinda tucked behind the cushiony bit below the thumb keeping it mostly out of the way of things. I have parylene magnets in this positions since about two months ago and im pretty happy with that location. Quick and (relatively) painless needle instal, easy heal.
My titan sits on my finger pad, went in through the side but there simply wasnt enough room there for it I have no difficulties typing, or doing most of my day to day tasks (I say most cause I was playing around with my dog and his tooth caught my finger and it was… unpleasant), turns out I can even still play my acoustic guitar without major issues. I have found that the way I sometimes wear my fingernails (long and sharpened) is more of an issue than the titan.

That does sound like a great placement indeed!!

literally the only downside I can think for it is in case you practice something like Krav Maga! :sweat_smile:

Maybe but I haven’t had many Issues with gripping either. I do ropes and was able to handle ropes and carabiners and rig over 100kg without even noticing the magnet. And the sensing is stellar.

As is @Coma minus the " r " :wink:

2 Likes

You are feeling punny today aren’t you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

facepalm

:smile:

3 Likes

I’m thinking, how would one evaluate the tactile sensory potential of a certain part of the hand?

Take two sharp pencils, and tape them together, the points close, but not touching. Then poke yourself wherever you want to gage sensory potential. Areas, where you can sense the two points the clearest, would be the best.

2 Likes

@Mariarangok Did you notice any changes the way you grip?

also, @anyone with multiple magnets… Having them close to each other… does it double the sensation, or just spreads it?

There are rumours that it gives you 3D magnetoception

1 Like

Ok make fun of me if you want, cause this is woowoo stuff but I swear it does feel a bit magnified in the hand I have 2 vz the hand I have 1 in.
It could be because there’s two parts of my hand vibrating so my brain interpolates or it could be a perception glitch by which I’m convinced they feel different when in fact they feel the same.
I have not really changed the way I grip things or do things, mostly cause half the time I don’t even notice it’s there.
I even climbed a tree on Sunday and other than getting a couple splinters on the Titan finger (which kinda freaked me out at first and then I just pulled them out without issues), and the fact that I’m entirely too old and disabled to be climbing trees, there were not any problems with the titan.

7 Likes

Obviously not.

1 Like

that does make perfect sense.

The way my brain translates the sensing, it tends to irradiate through the closest larger nerve.

So multiple magnets close would have that component of the sensing amplified.

@Eyeux , how’s the sensing working out? I ask cause of your unique installation location on the back of the wrist/forearm. I’m having second thoughts about a finger install as I tend to do very physical work with my hands. Mostly curious how sensitive it seems to be when not in the densest nerve areas.

Kind of wondering if I might be better served by putting mine between (and slightly behind) the knuckles of my hand. Just not as many nerves there, methinks.

It is definitely not as sharp as a fingertip install would be.
The electrical field feeling gets a lot more “diffused”…

So if I am paying attention I can still feel it great, but I assume that if I were distracted I could easily not notice the feeling.

On the other hand I do pick up on feeling metal sharply and instinctively (feeling like I bumped the wrist on metal frames before I actually do).

That said, my brain is kinda particular with how it filters stimuli: I can sleep through blasting death metal, but wake up at the sound of the right doorknob being turned… and I do see a lot of how the brain “translates” these new feels being in action here.

despite that,

An advantage I see to having it on the back of the wrist is on daily routines and being able to just toss things (jumpers, cables, turners, pins) there while using both hands… It seems silly but is a massively appreciated little feature for me, which I couldn’t use a finger placement for. :wink:

How so? I’m curious cause since I was the one there and the one who did the tree climbing and the one who had to see the endeavor and it’s consequences through, the conclusion is pretty obvious.

3 Likes

Not sure if I laugh, cry or offer you a hug! :sweat_smile:

Knowing maria all of then :sweat_smile:

1 Like