Thoughts about "Ways to support Amal / DT"

I kinda liked the crypto way, except I planned my first crypto wallet to be made with the Vivokey. Catch 22 there.

3 Likes

crypto is still an option! :slight_smile:

1 Like

SOON ™

4 Likes

So here’s the thing: I’m a cheapskate, I never donate money, I’d rather invest.
That puts me in a good perspective on “what would it take for me to support Amal?”

How could I “invest” in DT?
And so, I have what I hope is an interesting proposal:

First off: @amal have you ever heard of Tony Robbins and Unleash the Power Within?
Secondly: Do you have any plans on 3-6 of june? UPW 3-6 june 2021

I went to this a year ago, and upped my revenue by 30% because of it.
…and I figured… I want to “invest” in DT by buying you a ticket.

…If you’re up for it, that is
the catch: It’s 4 looooong days with jumping and dancing and crying and swearing and going through intense emotions, and you have to commit.

you up for it? :upside_down_face:
if so, DM me

1 Like

3 Likes

Amals face when reading this

4 Likes

Definitely a no brainer

Well it’s definitely not for everyone, so it’s not necessarily a “no brainer”.

12-14 hour long days that really exhaust you both physically and mentally.
… And you really have to play full out, to get the most out of it.

I don’t know Amal. This kind of thing might not fit him at all :thinking:

This 8min vid sums up the event rather nicely Is UPW worth it?

[On a sidenote, they usually increase the ticket price when the event date is closing in, so I feel I should clarify that my offer is on the current ticket price or 395, so @amal needs to decide fast :wink:]

1 Like

Oh, that was a miscommunication on my part. I just meant it was a no brainer for me to donate to Amal :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ahh… My bad :sweat_smile:

I have heard of TR and I have actually gone through and ended up becoming an annual councilor for a similar type of event associated with Rotary International for over 8 years in my younger days… an event called RYLA… lots of hugging and some crying and a bit of personal growth thrown in too. Your offer is pretty great to be honest and I’m totally on board with the idea of improving self as an investment. However, I think this kind of event is most beneficial and effective when attended in person, and it appears that this year due to covid it will be over a zoom call (or something similar). Perhaps next year things will be back to normal enough that a personal attendance will be possible.

To expand on the reasoning here, a big part of the effectiveness of such events is being physically removed from your “normal”… to be separated and removed from the places and people that are part of your daily routine and thought processes is a huge huge part of why these events can work so powerfully… you are stripped of your mental automation and your mind is free to open up a bit and accept radical points of view, information, and thought processes. A virtual attendance leaves too much familiarity in the way to be fully effective, and I would hate to not put your generous gift to full use.

6 Likes

Ok so now there is a proper subscription option integrated into the forum!

4 Likes

FYI if people aren’t seeing this, you will just need to refresh your browser

3 Likes

Will my Titan promo code apply here?

:laughing:

Edit. Nice script to link products when they are mentioned

3 Likes

Ha, glad you noticed, still in testing phase at the moment

2 Likes

Personally, and as you stated this is not everybody’s cup of tea, but regardless that was/is a super generous offer.

4 Likes

Is this just the libera subscription in a different format or a different subscription or?..

Actually this is an official discourse plugin that just ties directly to my stripe account. I may keep LiberaPay around for one-offs. Actually LiberaPay is also now connected to my stripe account.

But the integrated subscription service is the way things will move forward… it’s just way easier to manage than manually trying to sort out username etc. Not that I have a ton of benefactors at the moment, but honestly I hope to changes that over time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The anti​:no_entry_sign:-derailment​:railway_car: & thread​:thread: hijacking​:gun: thread​:thread: :interrobang:

What about Livestreams on YouTube where you maybe answer questions about chips and implants from people, pack orders, stuff like that and add super chat to the live stream? I’d love to see that as I have tons of questions I can’t find answers for! Plus, we’d get to learn from you, invest in you, and get to see others opinions in real time! Doesn’t have to be youtube, could be something like twitch, I’d use my prime sub to see you stream what you love to do even if it’s not gaming!

4 Likes