TITAN (Contains spoilers!)⚠

an unicord is worth a thousand words! :wink:

1 Like

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: The anti​:no_entry_sign:-derailment​:railway_car: & thread​:thread: hijacking​:gun: thread​:thread: :interrobang:

Talking about a thousand words…

I’m keeping my left hand on a splint for a few days, just to avoid stretching the skin on the incision…

So I can just drop a couple pics here for now.

Full post will come in due time! :wink:

f

10 Likes

Nice blackwork

2 Likes

So where exactly is it located?

I’m gonna be impatiently waiting for a month for your sensing testing :joy:

1 Like

you can barely see the titan bulge on the left pic.

I made the incision right on the border of the black area, the magnet is very close to the border, under the black area.

I used a microdermal technique to get it in, so minimal incision, no tunnel which needs closing.

It should encapsulate better the magnet there and heal overall faster than traditional methods.

But it also makes for a riskier first week. :grimacing:

Thanks!
That artist is amazing! my whole left arm was inked by her. :grin:

2 Likes

So finally I’m joining in here and I love what I found so far in this thread.
The feeling of seeing this beautiful magnet inside of this wonderful box for the first time is hard to describe, but I’m proud being a part of this project! I’m patiently waiting to see more installation pictures or videos here soon :smile:

Funny sidenote (maybe small derail) my Titan came together with the Titan of my sister @ShaakPsi
And it came in a pretty interesting moment… with a cool but unexpected sound effect! Because in the moment when the DHL Express guy gave me the box with the Titans, two very low flying F16 jets appeared in all their glory to give the Titans a very nice “Welcome to Germany” salute! :us: :de: (For me normal since we live close to Ramstein Airbase and we have the training airspace “TRA Lauter” directly above our heads, but the DHL guy was VERY surprised… little bit shocked maybe too, because he’s normally not from this area… :sweat_smile: :scream: :rofl: )
So I had an unforgettable experience today!
The biggest thanks to Dangerous Things, (Amal, Michelle for the awesome magnet! Can’t wait to have the first sensing moment with it!!!)
And now my own pictures from the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

Simply, pure awesomeness in a (very special) box!!! :star_struck:

8 Likes

Can I say it was a crazy feeling to open the card…

giphy - 2021-01-28T113454.842

5 Likes

Completely agree!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

And my titan has been installed and sits comfortably in my finger tip. The instal would’ve been pretty simple save for the lack of anesthesia (genetic anesthesia resistance so using injected lido is not a safe option for me and the gel doesn’t do anything.
I’m happy it’s in and can’t wait for it to be all healed up.

14 Likes

Fantastic! First successful fingertip install I’ve seen so far.

Look forward to hearing your experience on sensing in the coming months.

3 Likes

This looks just great! Again, big respect for doing such things without numbing :wink:

Is the magnet on the side of the fingertip or on the pad? Can’t tell exactly from the pictures^^

1 Like

Went in through the side and it’s on the pad. We tried to put it as far from the incision as possible cause in my experience implants are squirmy little monsters for the first few days.

2 Likes

Sorry if I sound lost, or ignorant, but what’s the use of Titan magnets? I did a search on the forum but I can’t find any thread on magnet use. I’m very curious, but I’m a very practical woman, so I can’t imagine why are so famous around here. :joy:

MMMMH. Pizza <3
#notdrunk

6 Likes

They’re for sensing. After installing, the nerve endings in your fingers will grow back around them. When the magnet is exposed to a magnetic field, like getting near a transformer or something, the magnet will move and you will be able to feel that movement as an extra sense.

So in addition to touch, taste, hear, see, smell, you’ll also have magnetic sense.

Try searching for “sensing magnet”. Also the first generation of sensing magnets were called M31’s, but they had coating failure problems and are no longer available. Try reading up on those too.

Good. Very very GOOD.

2 Likes
Derail

Haha, I did something similar with Roscos foot implant

4 Likes

Perfect explanation, @ODaily!

Beyond that…

This bit has to do with the coating.

Magnets are great for sensing or parlour tricks, but they have an issue:

They get attacked by our icky fluidy bodily bits and end up losing strength over time, thus you end up losing the sense.

So you got to coat the magnet in… “something”.

There are many flavours in that coating option, of course, but most of them have some considerable issues, as in they’re either too big, or also get corroded over time, or promote the growth of scar tissue around it, which also numbs the feeling over time… etc…

So it’s quite common that you got to replace your magnets every so years… And multiple scars in the same spots also leads to reduced feeling over time…

And that brings us to “the Titan”:

The strongest sensing magnet around, which is also the very first to be encased in Titanium, which promises a lifelong durability!

7 Likes

Omg it took me so long to understand this reply!!

2 Likes

Well, my Titan finally arrived to the land down under (Australia)!

I did not avoid spoilers (quite the opposite), so I knew roughly what to expect, but boy was I impressed when I got to see it in real life. It’s been unboxed (and then reboxed), and now I need to decide if / when / where I’m getting it installed. I’m looking forward to some more people installing them, ideally near me / in my state / in positions I’m interested in so I can hear about how good each place is.

And now, because why not, some pictures of my unboxing:

From last time I ordered from DT, I expected the label. Pretty sure it’s just X-ray inspection, since my tape / box wasn’t opened like someone else’s was.

The standard implant size box the smaller Titan box comes in. I love the label, how fancy and detailed it sounds - “N52 premium grade neodymium iron boron magnet core encased in medical grade titanium” :joy:

The beautiful custom box - it’s surprisingly striking, with all of its beautiful details

Inside the box!

Even the inside of the lid has the DT logo :slight_smile:

I didn’t realise from other people’s photos / posts that the card inside is actually sealed with a custom DT sticker - that was real fancy, I tried to preserve it instead of cutting it

And finally, the implant itself! It seems both huge and tiny - but I should have expected it. I did 3D print a to scale model of it before purchasing my Titan.

Apologies for the wall of images, can you tell I’m excited?!

12 Likes