TITAN (Contains spoilers!)⚠

You can get lighter packaging if you specifically request it, which is nice. But yeah, by default you get the luxurious boxes.

These are the type of boxes I have received so far, for the implant kits.

5 Likes

is “Profecy” the name of Amal’s mind controlling thing now? :rofl:

Yes, I bet most of us will want to!

Me too, but before that, I always asked for custom work… so makes sense they’re unbranded! :wink:

1 Like

Aaand I just did a trial implant.

As mentioned elsewhere, I wanted to try a needle install, using a 2.2mm catheter needle.

Principle has to do with other mods I have already done, and the round side of the titan being able to stretch my skin without rupturing it.

This method could fail, though, being very experimental. So I also set up a scalpel, just in case.

So I proceeded today.

Needle approach worked well for the side I was thinking about. the problem was the “flat height” of the magnet.

To get that in how I wanted, that would rip my skin.
I did not wanted to rip my skin… so I gave up on that approach and picked up the scalpel.

On the bright side, if I wanted to just slide the magnet in, perpendicular to the cut, that approach would have worked!
So… nice learning there!!

Although to use that approach to get the magnet exactly where I wanted, I would have to start the incision to high (or too low) on the finger. In either case, risking hitting nerve, and definitely going too deep on the muscle layer.

Well, we can always use the scalpel!

So… torniquet on. (I didn’t wanted to torniquet for the needle approach, since I like to let blood flow out of a fresh wound. but the scalpel approach kinda requires a torniquet.

Scalpel in and out, using the first incision from the needle as entry point…
Got the magnet in.

I got the cut as wide as I would feel comfortable not needing stitches, and still was a very tight fit.
Again it was the height of the magnet that caused some extra stress.

Then I took a few whiles staring at it…
And ‘nop!’.

Even still with the torniquet, no bulging. no bloatness… the skin flap still being pressured open (had to hold closed with a tight steristrip)…

And the bulge caused by the magnet was sill massive.
I could see the entire outline bulging up the skin, making a very prominent mark.
Since I was still in mid procedure, and still torniqueted, I didn’t thought of reaching for a picture. Should have, though…

So… for that placement, it was a no go for me.
Took the titan out and re-bandaged.

I could have dug deeper into muscle tissue, but I don’t think that is a good Idea, imho.

Could have left bulging out… but there is a reason why I don’t have an xG3. :wink:

I can still see another option to place it somewhere I like with some, but not much, invasion of muscle tissue… but that placement would require a directly transversal cut to be performed without risking hitting the nerves above or bellow the placement.
Also such a cut would require stitches… and I really hate stitching myself one-handedly.

So for now my titan is back in the box and I’ll let these cuts heal for a few weeks.
Meanwhile I’ll re-think where to place it.

Funny that diametrally it is more compact than I thought it would be. but height-wise it is quite taller than I thought it would be.

Well… I was fully aware that this approach could not work, and aware of the risks with the placement I initially wanted. So this was just a case of testing, seeing how it went, then choosing to abort so I could give it a new attempt under better circumstances. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Ah damn… hoped the needle method would work!
So basically that little monster was just too “thick” to properly place it in your fingertip? That’s noooooot reassuring… :wink:

Even if there’s nothing “inside” this time, still wish you a good healing time! :slight_smile:

Please keep all of us with little hands updated…^^

1 Like

Yes.
I mean… I bet many people would not care about the same issues I do. But for my personal taste, at that particular spot… was a no-go.

If I dug into the muscle, or pushed it about 3mm further down, then I would probably be left with just a minimal bulge.
But I know where I want my mods, and wouldn’t settle for “ah, well… this is what I managed”.

So If I know I can find a better placement, I better do it right! :grin:

Tx!! ^^

Not that it is reassuring… but my hands are fairly large.
Obviously not if compared to @Backpackingvet’s!! and probably nor with @Amal’s … :sweat_smile:

but yeah, will do! XD

Just keep in mind that this has more to do with where I wanted to give it a shot at placing it, than with the magnet in itself!

1 Like

Sigh. I obviously didn’t want to hear that:stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, I keep hoping for the best… and since I won’t be able to get it installed at least until the end of february, I have plenty of time to think about your alternative-placement-thoughts :wink:

2 Likes

Can you draw some kind of diagram or a picture for how you wanted the magnet placed? I’m not visualizing it very clearly and I don’t want people to interpret your experiment as “fingers are a no go for the titan”

Definitely not the case!
(i.e. I believe it is very possible to get a titan on your finger)

I tried to keep it very clear that it was a no go for my personal opinion, on that particular placement.

Although you are right: Better make it very clear than to be misinterpreted in this case.

Here is an Idea of where I attempted it:

screen_shot_2012-10-29_at_72445_pm1351553112107

You can see the lime green marks as the desired placement.

On the full hand drawing, the only difference is that I did it on the other side of that same finger, but on that spot.

Also, numbers 3 and 4 on that diagram, if anyone cares, are the nerves you should not nick! :wink:

4 Likes

There are no muscles in fingers. Only tendons. Ask me how I know.

2 Likes

tenor

Definitely a good reason why a professional installer should be used.

A pity it didn’t work out for you @Eyeux …this time

ditto on this excellent list - with a Titan added pls santa. kthxluvubai

Technically it worked. I just didn’t like the result. :wink:

You are indeed correct.

And… I bet you tried with dozens of supplements and a stern regimen of finger pilates and fingertip push-ups in hopes of developing 6-packs on each of your falanges!
And… then it didn’t worked out well? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You’re not too far from the truth :slight_smile:

I cut off 3 fingers when I was a kid. Hand surgeon reattached them at the hospital, and then rehab took forever, but I couldn’t regain full voluntary movements or feeling in fhose fingers for months.

Eventually the rehab physician called my parents and told them I was “faking it”, because there are no muscles in fingers, muscle fingers are in the forearm, and I hadn’t been injured in the forearm. Therefore, according to him, I refused to move my fingers on purpose.

My parents didn’t buy it, brought me to the hospital for a physical. They did a myogram and confirmed that the muscles in my forearm didn’t respond well at all, for reasons unknown. The surgeon reckoned it was probably some kind of shock that didn’t subside.

Anyway, long story short, I regained the ability to move those fingers a few months later (not feeling though). Needless to say, my dad gave a piece of his mind to the callous rehab physician.

Sad to hear yet another case of “doctor thinks he knows better”… :sleepy:

Glad you recovered!! :grin:

And yes, fingers being mostly tendons (which don’t heal nearly as well as muscle does), veins and nerves… is the main reason why I am not comfortable at all in going too deep into the “muscle layer” (i.e. deeper than skin). :confounded:

He wasn’t a doctor, he was a physiotherapist. Maybe they don’t get as much training in dealing with patients in a humane way as doctors do (or should do sometimes).

Fuck!!

Have I Slided again into an alternate reality where doctors are the exact opposite of what I’ve seen my entire life?!?!

:rofl:

1 Like

I’ve met knucklehead doctors too, but on the whole I find the profession to be really quite decent and helpful. Perhaps that confirms that I’m a very lucky guy.

1 Like

:thinking:

4 Likes