TITAN (Contains spoilers!)⚠

Something my dad said when he saw the titan, ‘thats gonna feel like a rock in your finger all the time’

I am already highly doubtful of that considering that I can’t feel my next without feeling for it with my other hand but I’d like to ask anyway because why not, how does it feel so far?

Oh no I’m typing, I have to work so I can make money so I can finance my bodymod addiction. My dealer keeps coming out with new stuff and better stuff and blinkier stuff so…

6 Likes

I’ve been wondering something: that little magnet has a non-insignificant thickness. Over a long period of time, what with the constant pressure from the skin above, and forces induced by touching stuff or typing in everyday life, I wonder if the magnet will tend to “sink down” into the fat pad below, thin it out or push it aside, and - possibly - eventually reach the bone which isn’t far below.

1 Like

So do I. But I tend to avoid using those 3 right hand fingers of mine that have no feeling, so I effectively type with 7 fingers only. I seem to be able to draw a salary with only those fingers :slight_smile:

Well the sensation is still a bit far from what it will be once it’s healed, there’s some swelling still and I think my nerves are a little grumpy so there is a degree of numbness. Now that the damn stitch is out my finger feels as normal as can be expected I don’t feel a giant lump of anything and once or twice I’ve had to check with the laptop fans to make sure it’s still in there. I guess it’ll be like the others, if I touch the region looking for it I will find it and I’m anticipating a different feeling when pressing down on a surface with it but beyond that nothing disturbing or very inconvenient

I’m not that good a typist and that’s my A and S finger and I’ve tried to keep it away but muscle memory is a bitch. I’m not playing guitar or anything too extreme and currently the only pain I feel is on the incision/stitch so typing hasn’t felt like anything.

Indeed. I learned touch-typing the proper way before the accident that rendered my fingers insensitive, and I still try to use them decades later. I don’t even realize it until I start seeing what looks like line noise on the screen, telling me that my hand is off-kilter on the keyboard - despite my right index finger being able to line up properly on the J key. I have to force myself to dud-type to avoid that.

It indeed is!! :grin:

I would keep a steristrip there for a few more days though. purely precautionary.

If that happens, and it is indeed “all the time”, our brain will just learn to treat that as “perception noise” and ignore it. :wink:

I don’t even have one yet, but at first I decided on the wedding ring finger of my left hand. While playing a PC game recently I’m thinking of switching over to my right hand and saving my left because it lives on WASD. :stuck_out_tongue: I guess work wise it’s also on CTRL, SHIFT, ALT for Illustrator, plus there are no mouse buttons for that finger.

That was actually part of my reasoning as well, the other part was that if I’m going to reach out and feel something, it would be worth my dominant hand so that’s probably the game I should add a new sense to

From experince with an old magnet i put in 2015 (holy shit, has it been that long!) I’ve noticed more lateral drift than any change in depth. It sits about 2cm further from my fingertip from where I installed it originally, but doesnt seem to be any deeper than before. Granted, I only have a sample size of one, so grain of salt here!

1 Like

2 cm! You must have gigantic hands bubba :slight_smile:

ehhh…maybe 1.5 lol! started real close to the tip, and drifted about 2/3rds of the way to the first knuckle, it is pretty far even if I’m bad at estimating :sweat_smile:

No kidding? I thought you meant 2 mm. 1.5 cm is like 15 mm man. That’s a HUGE drift. I’ve never heard anything like that.

1 Like
  1. I’m happy to live in a metric country when reading things like that… :smile:

2. I’m happy all studios are closed (and my Titan is still in Leipzig - maybe the package just sticks to some metallic surface?), so I can watch others make their first experiences here :wink:

@Mariarangok - your finger looks really good! Being able to take out stitches after a few days is a really great thing, hope the healing goes on like that :wink:

5 Likes

Oh puh-leeze don’t you give me grief over that too :cry:

Nah, didn’t want to! But I never had to do with inches, feet (except for those to stand on), fahrenheit and all that stuff - I can convert them a bit, but to me, it’s all just very weird numbers :wink:

1 Like

Well see, that’s cuz I’m such a nice guy: I thought maybe Sarcasologist got his millimeters confused because he’s in the US and he relates to standard better. So I provided a helpful measurement, just in case it spoke to him better :slight_smile:

I mean I am US, but I agree they’re very weird numbers! I was planning on taking it out soon, a few other people requested pics of that so I’ll do a deal on that probably next week and show how far it’s moved too

1 Like

zero pain, im pleased

PS: This is in no way an encouragement or endorsement of people smashing their keyboards with their freshly installed magnets. My finger is not your finger, your mileage may vary. If you do this yourself and get hurt its not on me.

8 Likes