Titan install sharing thread

I’m not sure of the time/distance, but you seem to be surrounded
On the community map

1 Like

Unfortunately I think they’ll have to go beyond the 150 miles to find someone.

*laughs nervously in 142 mile one-way trip to my installer*

(don’t let the 9pm time estimate fool you, it’s 3+ hours each way)

4 Likes

Could always call around shops. What are you getting installed?

I’m eating my words!

1 Like

As I recall someone on here (@ODaily I think) made a trip from Arkansas to San Antonio Texas to visit Pineapple.

1 Like

Your local knowledge, use of miles and USA geography is FAR more accurate than mine.

He’ll be getting stabby stabbed in no time
:syringe:

And all cyborgy waiting for his next fix
:syringe:

1 Like

I hate how accurate this is

4 Likes

Who in Nevada? I used to live there, and I frequent the place to see friends.

1 Like

Generation X Tattoo. I went to them and asked one of the tattoo guys about install and was turned down, but got a tattoo before I left lol
Next thing I know they popped up on the DT Partners map. I guess someone went after me and talked to the actual piercer there and talked her into it.

Ooohhhh and there’s someone in Cassville now too!

2 Likes

Nice! I know exactly where that is, but I’ve never been in. I was a 2nd round Titan backer, but still haven’t done the install yet. Need something closer to Indianapolis.

1 Like

@darthdomo might be able to point you in the right direction

There’s Pirate in West Lafayette at Revolution, he’s done all of my implants, but he can’t use scalpels IIRC (I think that’s Indiana law?). I’ve heard of some installers using the edge of a piercing needle like a scalpel, he might be willing to try that, no idea. I’d shoot him an email, he’s on the installer map.

2 Likes

Appreciated. I reached out to him when I first got it, and he was a no go on anything requiring a scalpel (yeah, Indiana law). I’ve been told by a local tattoo artist that he has a colleague willing to try it, but honestly a trip to Austin to see Pineapple may be in my future.

3 Likes

Little Titan update: approaching 2 years with it in and no complaints so far. Nothing strange has happened with it. I’ve bumped it causing significant pain two or three times over the years but I’d compare them to a bad toe stubbing. Painful for a minute, then sore fore less than a day. I can say the sensitivity has slightly decreased since the first 6 months but I suspect my healing tissue was just more sensitive than current tissue. I can still feel the magnets in the airood case in my left pocket as my hand swings by my leg while I walk (that’s one of my favorite things). Here are some x-rays I got this year of both my titan and my NExT installs. NExT chip was installed by a nurse I know Thanksgiving of 2022. No numbing, but the back of the hand wasn’t a very painful place and it went smooth and well.

10 Likes

In hindsight would you have chosen a different finger? Ring or middle?

And do you think directly on the pad or a more lateral install is preferred? I’ve heard mixed opinions on this.

finger_placement
Image credit @Eyeux

4 Likes

There’s also some Brain blame to throw there!

While it’s a new feeling, you’ll be much more “alert” to it.
Brain thinks: “new feels! must tell Conscience!” every time.

But as time passes, the more those feels happen in a “normal” circumstance, your conscience goes “ah, was nothing that important”…
and this teaches brain to go: “oh, that feeling again! Learnt with Conscience, not important! let Subconscious can handle it.”

Ok, I might have paraphrased there… :sweat_smile:

Anyhoo, thanks for the share! it’s always good to hear those raccounts!

hahah! Glad to see it’s helpfull! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have no complaints with my install so based off of my personal experience I would keep it directly in line with my finger pad but a good enough argument could probably convince me otherwise. What are some of the arguments for and against lateral placement? I would love to weigh and consider them!

My xg3 travels to the pad often and it hinders my grip strength when carrying large objects. That’s my only issue

My xg3 travels to the pad often and it hinders my grip strength when carrying large objects. That’s my only issue

This is the main concern for me. Carrying heavy or large objects. Some people report it getting in the way sometimes in sitations like this, but others swear by the pad and don’t seem to mention this problem. Maybe they don’t lift or grip heavy or large objects?

I’m willing to reasonably accomidate the implant when lifting stuff, but I am still kinda leaning toward lateral.