Travel with unused implants in injectors

I am intending on going to a out of state piercer for some implants. This will involve taking the implants with me on a domestic USA flight.

I have had a bit of a look for details on the TSA website and I the closest rule I can find is:

Unused syringes are allowed when accompanied by injectable medication.

The qualifier worries me as I doubt a RFID implant counts as injectable medication.

Has anyone ever traveled with implant + injectors in the US? I assume for conferences like Defcon it must have happened.

It seems I have found the answer.

Yes there fine :slight_smile:

I am amazed how easy it was to contact them to ask! I would hazard a guess that the online support is the only useful service provided by the TSA :rofl::rofl::rofl:

For reference:

3 Likes

I travelled from Austria to Luxemburg. Luxemburg to Switzerland. Switzerland to Sweden. Austria to Germany. I have them always in my carry on :slight_smile:
Only one time they ask me what this is - it was in Luxemburg - I explained them - was okay :slight_smile:
I tried it the first time with used syringes,… no one cares.

2 Likes

That’s good to know! Thanks :slight_smile:

You underestimate the TSA

THEY MAKE ME TAKE THESE OFF TO XRAY THEM :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

When I remember correct @amal had some storys with the TSA when he was travelling.

1 Like

I watched his Tedx talk, and he seemed very personable on stage.

It would be fun to get more stories out of him, I would like to think he has a couple wild ones he hasn’t shared yet.

3 Likes

I’d definitely screenshot that and print it out.
Wrap the needle package up in that printout.

Maybe you can nip the argument in the bud. Once they publicly take a position, it’s gonna be alot harder to get them to back off of it. Just human nature.

Edit*
Maybe you should take an injectable medicine with? Saline solution, perhaps? Something small and innocous, that doesn’t require a prescription in any jurisdiction you might travel through.

1 Like

I’ve travelled with a huge bulk of chip injectors in both checked baggage and carry on. The checked baggage always gets inspected and a note left inside from TSA but carry-on goes through the x-ray and nothing… not a word. I just pick up and walk. The only time I get stopped is when I have my DIY electronics with me in my carry-on.

2 Likes

What about injectable disinfectant? :rofl:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Anything is

if you are brave enough?! :sweat_smile: :rofl:

Or dumb enough, or Gullible enough, or unfortunately if you are trusting enough

2 Likes

Merica!!!
giphy (21)

3 Likes

Fixed it for you mate! Much more fitting now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The only people I can think of more unabashedly proud of their collective identity than Americans is…

Texans.

Seriously, just ask. They’ll tell ya.

3 Likes

This is more realistic

tenor (9)

Not afraid to offend. Its a joke.

tenor (10)

1 Like

Damn it,
you are American and Military, so you can post that…I wish I could

1 Like

You know as long as it’s all in good humor, hell yeah, bring it on.

1 Like

You can post whatever your heart desires. Leave my wife and daughter out of it, and no chance you will hurt my feelings.

2 Likes

So you all know the deal.
Blurred for your protection Not mine.

7 Likes