USA contactless payment implant conversion available now

Do you know which terminal make and model youā€™ve tried to use?

@Pilgrimsmaster are there threads and posts in those threads with photos of how to present conversions to them? I canā€™t seem to locate any. I wish there was an image search for discourse.

There are a couple of videos in my conversion post that may helpā€¦

1 Like

Hereā€™s a few more

1 Like

Haha a fewā€¦ always coming through :wink:

2 Likes

Here is my compilation video

4 Likes

Nice one
@JennyMcLane has a few also

Hint hint :wink:

hereā€™s one to get us started

1 Like

is this the reason all of the LED options on implants on the site are disabled?

Yeah, the over the counter options for adding LEDs are not durable enough for flex implants. You can still get xLEDs and the xSIID though.

Iā€™m working on other solutions that integrate the LEDs directly as components on the implant like the RFID chips are, so I can design the whole thing to be more durable. The Apex Mega is the first that gets that treatment though, because the design process is kind of labor intensive and custom for each implant.

1 Like

Ah thatā€™s disappointing, i was so excited to get the FlexNext and flexMN with LEDs, is there any current timeframe for when theyā€™ll be available?

Asking for time-frames is usually asking for someone to say SOONā„¢.

The flex options with LEDs may be redesigned. But that would depend on both demand and any current stock being depleted.

Those are really questions for @amal

1 Like

Yea haha, makes sense. If anything the xSIDDs are still available. Iā€™m actually in the UK rn so i donā€™t mind waiting, just was hoping they were in demand from more people. Thanks for the responses!

1 Like

We got another one!!!

Waitā€¦

Do you not live here ??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:rofl:

Nope not yet, iā€™m Canadian, came to see how i like it here before applying for my Ancestry Visa. I go back to North America for a couple months soon though, hence me asking a timeframe lol

1 Like

Not wanting to derail this, but in my experience where you are in the UK vastly changes how people act.

If you donā€™t like one part, try a different part.

2 Likes

here a video from last year

i have more on tiktok - search after rfid_implantee

1 Like

I love it here haha, definitely miss Mexico tho but iā€™m definitely going for my UK citizenship. I want to head out to the countryside still too but iā€™ve already made up my mind of staying, just need the Visa to go through when iā€™m back in Canada. Canā€™t apply while here

The flexNExT in itā€™s current form will never be available again because the bullseye NTAG216 tags itā€™s made from are too weak. The flexMN Iā€™m not sure because itā€™s a copper coil antenna. We canā€™t just put loose LED flex PCBs in the encapsulation with a copper coil antenna because it stresses out the board and they fail. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m integrating everything together onto custom flex PCBs

2 Likes

Ah i understand, this is the apex thing u mentioned right? If so iā€™m looking forward to it. My main reason for wanting the Flexnext and flexmn was for the lights and easy readability. Either way iā€™m most likely still getting both.

Interested to see what the next projects this year will bring.

The Apex Mega will be able to pretend to be a typical NFC chip with NDEF on it, will have six LEDs (probably) arranged in roughly a circle.

And might be available SOONā„¢. It should also be fairly easy to read. On the downside it is approximately an inch across.

1 Like

Oh sweet okay yea iā€™m totally into waiting for that instead. I donā€™t have an issue with the size.