USA contactless payment implant conversion available now

With the introduction of the Purewrist pre-paid contactless wearable, people in the USA now have the option to convert the contactless payment chip into a implantable narrow flex wedge form factor with the Dangerous Things payment device conversion service;

The chip itself comes in a small card format designed to be placed into a wearable wristband;

We can extract that chip and attach a new antenna to is, then encapsulate it in our flex biopolymer for easy installation.

12 Likes

Damn, this thread is gonna explode.

5 Likes

That is so cool.
I’m both envious and happy about not being in the US right now.
For one that’s just really amazing…for one I already spend money too easily ^^’

1 Like

oh… now that IS interesting… if they’re setup for contactless payments via mastercard, in theory it could work in Canada… might be a pain to reload depending on how that process works I guess. time to do some reading!

2 Likes

Oh boy. Titan coupon round 1?

4 Likes

Ooooo I’m interested. Since these are prepaid do they still last the full 3-4 years?

More info here

1 Like

You use the app to reload the card and it is available in the. Canadian Google app store. A quick google shows a fee Canadian news articles about it, bit only from small no-name sources. I’m tempted to get the wristband and test it… If it works, maybe I’ll send it and a transit pass down for upgrades …

Edit:. Looks like the wrist would work here but has a 3% fee on international purchases…

1 Like

Has anybody real photo of this card ? :slight_smile:

Like this?

3 Likes

How is the range?
I imagine the original card would go through skin hoodie and jacket. At least the vimpaygo can do that.
How about the wedge?

Real life tests coming soon

3 Likes

Maybe a dumb question but I was curious as to how the purewrist solution is any different than say my Citi mastercard which has tap to pay? Could I just send in my CC and have that converted to an implant?

It’s the antenna. It has to be specific to the chip, and Amal only has a specific selection of them available. This one was convenient because he already had an ideal antenna.

1 Like

Also the fact that normal cards with dual interface (contact and contactless) are seriously a pain in the ass to get at the contactless antenna leads from the card. It’s technically possible but you also end up with a huge implant anyway because the entire silicon die is under the contact interface.

2 Likes

Do we have any information on expiry for these? I thought I saw someone claim that they were able to do a wristband with a custom expiry of 99 years later, was that ever a thing?

I’m almost certain they still have like a 3 year expiry. That’s why the website says too. Atleast purewrist

You did see it, but that was iCard buddy, not purewrist

2 Likes

Yeah but…

4 Likes

What I got from that. A 2099 card is not doable, but a 9 year expiry is doable.

That’s a serious move in terms of acceptability vs the current 3 year expiry. I’d probably pass on a 3 year card, but might would go for a 9 year. What’s the chance of PureWrist or some other company being coerced into setting it to 9 years?

1 Like