Various questions about the flex implants and Vivokey

Speaking specifically about your flex in knife edge

Is it on the absolute 90 degree of your hand?

What does it feel like if you lean on your hand

I have the option to do either knife edge or above my pinky-ring finger bone

Top of the hand is more stable, and I worry less about pressing on it weirdly

Knife edge is more isolated from other HF chips and a better presentation location

Yeah these are the same questions I have. Iā€™m just trying to figure optimal placement for a flex in the hand. Is knife edge more over the pinky bone, it is it in the fatty part on the side of your hand. Would either of these locations work? Is one better than the other? Iā€™d love to hear from peopleā€™s experience and placement opinions with these locations.

Does anybody other then @amal have a flex implant over any of the first finger bones (proximal phalanx)?
I know it is not a recommended position since there are many important things there (but so are in the fingertip [well, you can lose finger mobility if you nick a tendon]).
But I am still curious, are there any (major) differences in the procedure, healing process and daily life?

Edit: when searching on the forum I came across a post by a guy who had to have it removed when he fractured his finger, but not much else.

2 Likes

Bumping this.
Iā€™m just really curious.
Because here, if I want to get a flex implanted, I have to go to a surgeon anyway. And that would permit me more experimental placements. So far I have found only 3 people with a flex in a finger.
The only issue would be my rather delicate slim fingers and I do not want the implant to be visible normally :sweat_smile: middle finger circumference 65mm, 18mm diameter, 35mm space for implant
Are they visible under the skin?

Edit: @Pilgrimsmaster it would probably make more sense to move this and the original question to the Various questions about the flex implants and Vivokey thread, would you please be so kind as to do that :slight_smile:

I know it doesnā€™t help now, but I was thinking of putting the Apex there. Looks small enough in the picture. Wonā€™t know until I see it though.

Normal size sharpie for comparison.

1 Like

Does anybody know the thickness of a flex implant?

0.4? Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s right but Iā€™m sure someone will correct me.

If @anon7067117 is specifically referring to the FlexNT, Then yep

flexNT NFC Chip

• 13.56MHz ISO14443A & NFC Type 2 chip
  • 8mm x 22mm x 0.4mm flexible biopolymer package
  • Custom 5mm (4G) Flex Installation Needle Now Included!

Right so to clarify all of the,
FlexEM
FlexMT
FlexMN
FlexNT
FlexNExT
FlexM1
FlexOne
Are 0.4mm

These are 0.5mm,
FlexDF
FlexDF2

1 Like

Thanks, I really should have checked before asking :sweat_smile:

1 Like

bitch

:rofl:

Speaking purely from dimensions, any flex should eaaaasily fit on pretty much any of my fingers minus the pinky (or anybodys fingers really, I have EU size 10 and I donā€™t think they are large).
If I will get it in my finger. I will do larger writeup on the procedure and everything else, since there seems to be a sore lack of information regarding this placement. I expect that the skin was opened with dermal scissors rather then a scalpel, for example, to protect the tendons, and lifted with a dermal elevator.

1 Like

Umm

Not the flexMT, MN, NExT, EM. That aside I think your talking about the wedge ones or the newer butterfly ones its more of a length issue with them :slight_smile:

Yes, you are right, I should have been more specific - I was referring to the wedge/butterfly ones. The idea of trying to fit a flexNext there would be quite funny :slight_smile:

1 Like