VeriChip: The FDA Approved Biohack

Yeah, I realize BP is pretty unrealistic. As someone with hypertension and shit ability to remember to check it I just want something to do it for me lol

I think you sell yourself short.

this really is derailing

I used to install arteial lines for monitoring blood pressure during surgery.

http://www.utahmed.com/blood-pressure-monitoring.html

We used these connected to a pressure bag at one end, an artery at the other. The main point is that there is a fluid sensor in there that is a diaphragm that takes your blood pressure.

You have to be wondering how this fits in. I started thinking someone could make it small and place an implant that has an external diaphragm next to an artery and muscle.

I just decided to look for some, and there are a couple interesting things out there.

The serious implant. You could always do something like this. No BS about it.

Or Stanford has a neat little thing. It will really get the crazy ones out when thay find out it actually uses radio waves!

Neither of those strike a fancy? Rather have some hot surgeon doc in your crotch? look no further!
This one can recharge too!

these guys are trying to break the wall. In your heart! Connect the chambers with an implant? What?

Not up for an implant yet? If you can have a portable external way to do it, maybe you could just cut out the need for the implant and use that. Easier to replace if they brake ya know?

I believe some of those are multi purpose.

Furthermore, they are trying to develop these for patients with blood pressure issues, who may not be the best at remembering, or able to take their blood pressure constantly. Sound like anyone you know?

I genuinely believe if it was easier to know more about your body, it would be possible to live a way more healthy life.

If only I could monitor my
Glucose
Blood pressure, both heart and limb

Oxygen levels, with 2 chips you might be able to see how well you are able disperse it through the body.

Implantable 12 lead ekg one day hopefully, have real time heart rhythm tracking on the go. Or something similar

I think it would help people live a better life.

I also think people would become too attached to them also.

Edit to add before anyone states it. I know RFID are radio waves. I just think how they word it will set people off kinda.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s something Iā€™d be really interested in - additionally, it might be beneficial for people doing professional sports and such.

I think how helpful all these sensors would be would depend a lot on the mindset of the userā€¦ Iā€™m sure there will be (and already are) a lot of people who nervously check everything everytime just to panic if any of the parameters is slightly different to the way they like it to be, who want to tune and optimize their body in a way theyā€™d do with a machine. So I think to use it properly it would be necessary to know a lot about the way your body works first, especially since the retrieved data would be much more accurate (at least I think so).

Still, I think if I could measure anything from inside my body, Iā€™d be quite interested

2 Likes

You and DSruptive?

no, they are doing their own thing

2 Likes

I must say, Iā€™m curious: I seem to remember you mentioning that any transition between materials is preferentially attacked by the body.

If youā€™re going to do sensing thatā€™s self-contained within a single uninterrupted casing of the same material (glass or your special bio-goop), itā€™ll have to be temperature, or heart rate with light, but not much else. Certainly nothing that will sample anything electrical with external electrodes (although electrodes going through glass can hold a vacuum for decades, so perhaps itā€™s doable) and most certainly nothing that will sample bodily fluids.

Feel free to tell us more eh :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is a glucose monitor that works in vivo. It works for 6 months the eversense cgm. It has to be calibrated twice daily, which kinda defeats the purpose in my book.

You should also be able to measure oxygen with light also.

I also post a bunch of internal pressure ones in a different post.

1 Like

Do you know what limits that to 90 days?

1 Like

Here it is.

Also if you ever want Amal, I would sign a notarized NDA if you ever want to tell more.

I will have to dig more into it. I quit looking after my doctor didnā€™t feel comfortable with it.

If I remember correct, they say It has to do with the sensors on the outside of the chip. Basically they gunk up.

I personally bet they last tons longer, Europe has one out that last 6months, but they likey shorten it either for safety reasons, or so people have to keep buying them.

Thatā€™s what I was thinking, based off Satur9ā€™s xNT removal. His chip was all kinds of murky. It was four years later, but still, wouldnā€™t be a permanent solution if thatā€™s the standard result.

1 Like

That implant was murky because it was from 2015 when they used a different resin. The current chips have transparent resin that does not become grey

1 Like

The OG spark has that resin in it also. I found that out on accident.

That sounds like a bad story

1 Like

The sensor has a semi permeable membrane if I remember correct. I could be thinking of the wrong one also.

yeah thatā€™s resinā€¦ we use it for all non-optical tagsā€¦ the xSIID has optically clear resin, as does the NExT (which is used for assembly purposes)

2 Likes

naa, just keep an eye on the forumā€¦ i usually canā€™t keep my damn mouth shut anyway.

5 Likes

Thats what we like about you :smirk:

1 Like

11 years then removed.

2 Likes

Why did you remove it?