Virtual Cyborg Meet-Up space :Robot:

Possibly, but I like the interactivity of altspace, even if you are on a 2D interface… like the ability to form small groups by simply gathering together, for example. Logically the same is true, to a degree, with discord channels… it is not as social of a feeling as “seeing” others in a shared space.

2 Likes

Like others here, I was skeptical as well, but when I joined the world last night and talked with @RyuuzakiJulio , the eye contact and spatial audio really added to the feeling of presence as well. It really felt like I was in a room with him, despite being on opposite sides of the planet. It also maintains focus in the space, while with discord channels most people are multi-tasking on their PC. There’s no “exclusivity” on something like Discord.

Really excited to see larger-scale hangouts.

2 Likes

I’ll be on the altspace whenever we get going just hard to known when to meet up

I actually watched a stand up comedian in altspace the other night and was strangely enjoyable

1 Like

Just get girls shampoo and sniff it when you meet a girl in VR.

tenor (4)

Hahaa

1 Like

Creepy

1 Like

Also we have easter eggs being deposited around the space so keep your eyes out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ain’t simulated. There is no algorithm creating a fake human interaction like an NPC in a game. There are real people. ^^

I know but it’s not the same is it… VR is what ginger ale is to beer: I’d rather abstain than drink a sorry substitute.

:joy: hey, he needs to smell a girls hair when he meets them. I just give him a COVID friendly option.

Is all about perception.
Reality is only decoded in your brain after your senses send information.

Pass me your handle name so I can add you to the private group.

Sounds to me like you gave him an option to simulate dating a bottle of shampoo, rather :slight_smile: Hair don’t smell like that - even clean hair. Not the women’s I know anyway.

Funnily enough, the placement is oddly accurate. I actually went for my foot to recheck, it’s uncanny.

I just guesstimate the location and size. We haven’t seen an X-Ray of your actual implant.

Hahaha I didn’t thought he was talking about dating someone. Obviously VR is not a replacement for what you can do in real life, just like a microchip implant is not a replacement for every single thing you can do with “real money” like

“Collect it if you find a special year”
“In Japan monetary presents are usually made in never folded clean bills”
“Flip a coin”

But we are not talking about lets forget about all human connection possible forever.
Is about experimenting another way of interaction that hasn’t been done before among this group. Is not like y’all can physically attend a group metting, anytime, anywhere.

I’ve tried those massive video chat calls, and VR beats that experience in terms of human connection.

1 Like

You guesstimated right. The movements of the toes with respect to the metatarsals only make it possible for the implant to reside in one location there, and it’s exactly where you guessed. It truly is uncanny.

I would get an X-ray if it wasn’t so goddamn impossible here. But your photoshop job is a perfect substitute.

To each his own. I’d feel more sad and more longing for true human interaction than satisfying the need for it if I did VR myself. It’s like alcohol or tobacco: either I do it all the way, or I don’t do it at all. If I only do it half-way; it just ends up being frustrating.

Yeah, I get it, change and new things can be harder for some to adapt, accept than others.
I had a friend that hated texting, he would never reply to a text message sent to his phone, he would only take phone-calls. And another friend was completely against anything wireless, he said he felt dizzy if he had a phone with him. Absolutely non sense, specially living in a large city, but… that’s how he wanted to perceive his own reality.

Truth is, even now we are capable of communicating by pushing buttons or worst, tapping a glass, and we are completely comfortable to establish a communication and continue a conversation by reading dots of lights in a flat grid.

I feel, personally, that adopting cybernetic enhancements was actually meant to close the gap between who we are in real life and who we are in this digital universe of 0s and 1s.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with socializing online per se: I probably met more of my best friends on IRC than in real life. The problem I have is with simulating reality. It’s just weird and sad to me. I believe it falls into what’s called the “uncanny valley” for me: it’s not reality but it weirdly resembles it in a way that doesn’t satisfy me at all and creeps the shit out of me. But I’ll spend hours chatting with you on IRC, no problem at all.

Checked and my user name is “eriequiet”

It’s there, just under the salami.
The actual image, so you can compare that to your VR image