Virtual Cyborg Meet-Up space :Robot:

Yeah, like I said, perception.

You could feel weird and sad to read text in a pre-defined font instead of someone’s calligraphy which would not just contain the context of the message but also the writers style and emotion. I’m sure many people hated the idea of the press to heartlessly make copies of books without anyone actually writing them by hand, “the end of human emotion bwaaa!”.

Is just another way of communicating that is fun and more interactive than IRC. Not a replacement for anything. Also no one is forced to do it, jess :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:rofl: you are next on the Easter egg list.
Still working on it

1 Like

Just added you!
Probably you can find the world in the Worlds tab and My worlds

Remember to enable beta and early access on your settings to join.

Okayyyyy… since I won’t be able to join for at least some months (and I’m not entirely sure if I ever will - not such a social person here :wink: ), maybe we could collect some - maybe spoiler-blurred - eastereggs here? I just love such stuff!

1 Like

I would say you could join altspace and use the “personal bubble” feature, which basically makes it so people can’t get too close to your avatar or talk to you… it’s just so you can explore the space, and maybe hear talks given on the stage, but not necessarily have to interact with anyone.

1 Like

This sounds interesting!
How do I implement in real life?

3 Likes

Is actually normal to see people that don’t talk. Specially the ones in computers on loud environments. The “personal bubble” feature would make it so people who gets very close to you will disappear, although you would still hear them. But inside AltSpace is common to eve-drop, actually encouraged behavior to just walk to random people and listen to what they are talking. Sometimes they will wave at you, sometimes they just ignore you. You can go to a corner and just stay there looking at others or just do your thing. If someone comes to talk to you, you can ignore them if you want and they won’t feel bad.
The most powerful tool is to “block”, that will PUFF them out of existence for you.
The world is also private, and only has very few members, so you can probably join at anytime just to explore the place. And if you move far from the rest and you won’t even hear them if there is someone around.

1 Like

You had me at “Personal Bubble” :+1:

:rofl::joy:

How do I implement THIS in real life? :wink:

Me either @Coma , let’s hang out there alone together. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hahaha

Don’t worry, the place is pretty empty most of the time and is open for group members to join at anytime they want. So most of the times, you will be alone there unless there is a special event scheduled.

Oh and again, is a private group. So there won’t be anyone there that is not actually part of “us”.

1 Like

But don’t get too close to me, or I’ll PUFF you out of existence :rofl:
Nah, sounds like something I might try out when I finally find some spare time…
Currently, the whole heating system of our house broke down, so I guess I’ll prepare for a cuddly night and some discussions with our heating installers :grimacing:

Oh, and that’s a big plus again… you’re making me curious :wink:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow, they provide quite the heating service…

1 Like

The @&#&# at Microsoft force you to add a phone number to create an account :angry:

Yet another reason to stay in real life. If somebody wants my number, I’ve got a decent chance of going on a date, vs a certain chance of being spied on and spammed.

If you create an AltSpace account on the device itself (in my case a Quest 1), you don’t have to link a Microsoft account. I just made mine 2 days or so ago without it.

I am unfortunately chained to Windows at this time, since I don’t have an account :stuck_out_tongue:

You can always just delete the app and your altspacevr account if you totally hate it. We have unicorns too ^x^

Like the rest mention, you can make your altvr account without microsoft, actually login with microsoft was kinda buggy earlier on.

Display name is what you want others to see.

Username is your account identifier.

Just added you, you can find the world in
Menu → Worlds → MyWorlds

Remember to enable Worlds Beta and Early Access Program in Settings to see the “Worlds” option.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Username same as here (ottomagne) if you don’t mind adding me as well!

1 Like