Virtual Cyborg Meet-Up space :Robot:

Am I doing this right?

I guess the answer was MINE

giphy-5

And that was only one complete turn because the camera is not wireless :slight_smile:

Not true. Riftcat could do it.

You need GPU capability.

Didn’t mention riftcat or the other options because AFAIK, from the versions of altspace I’ve used, full controller capabilities were needed.

Not sure about the PC version of altspace. If it can use a keyboard and mouse, or something like an xbox controller, while in VR, great.

Seemed to work kb and mouse for me while i was signing up lol

:+1: glad to hear the PC-VR version is different. That opens up a few more options for people.

Glad to hear that, surprised that the steam version allows 2D mode. They don’t advertise that on the site at all.

@mrln this would be a good option. Just install steam if you don’t already have it, and install altspace on there. Should be easy to install steam for whatever distro you’re using.

If you don’t know what proton is, it’s essentially a gaming fork of wine, built by Valve.

1 Like

Also of note: You may need to go into steam settings and under the “Steam Play” tab will be two checkboxes titled “Enable steam play for supported titles” and “Enable steam play for all other titles”

You shouldn’t need the second one unless there are other games you want to play that are not guaranteed by valve to work with proton. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

nope it was my phone, but i’m still only at 1 turn before getting dizzy :slight_smile: need to work up to 5!

1 Like

I think you nailed the Single Spin

Andy-Bernard-Spin-Around-in-Chair-Yes

You’ll be up to 5 in no time :+1:

FYI
There are A LOT of chair spin .gifs on the interwebs :chair:

1 Like

Just need the right motivation

2 Likes

Soo trying to keep this thread on the topic of the space itself

@RyuuzakiJulio / @amal

Would it be possible to have a bulletin board of some kind of ongoing projects or sneak peaks?

1 Like

Thats not a bad idea, actual working billboards.
But any news we want to share them with as many people as possible and the majority won’t be joining us in this VR world not even for the news, I think is more about a social meetup to have discussions or do presentations. But to fireup the Vr headset, load the app, enter the world, and travel to where the billboard is just to see news, hmmmm… not sure how convenient would that be. If we have more daily traffic would be nice tho.

1 Like

Interesting Easter eggs :wink:

Dick !
:wink:

Ok finally got the video, oculus is a pain about exporting video to anything that’s not zuckerburg

3 Likes

Apparently so

Thanks for the vid by the way :+1:t2:

1 Like

Those that are popping into the alt space, when do you do so?