Virtual Reality Equipment šŸ•¶

Yes, I did that, had that set already.

Hrmā€¦

Trust but verifyā€¦ :man_shrugging:t2:

AnotherCheapCottontail-max-1mb

Related side story,

When I was getting my purewrist put in

I had a dead prototype I managed to talked Amal into giving me, mostly as a visual example to people.

It wound up being super handy to help plan out where it was going and stuffā€¦

Towards the end I asked the installer if he had opened the vial with the purewrist in it,

He hadnā€™t, so I asked to have the dead one back and pocket it before he opened the good one,

I told him itā€™s not that I donā€™t trust you, but I can easily see how I would be involved in that legendary level of fuck up lol

200 (1)

KZYQIzq (1)

That would indeed be a hilarious awful fuck-up.

1 Like

Iā€™d recommend Riftcat in that case - It should work for Quest.

I got my quest 2 a couple weeks ago! Iā€™ve been playing a decent amount of echo arena and tons of beatsaber. I was using a vive up until now and Iā€™m amazed at how good the quest is! Not sure the easiest way to add people, but lmk if your down for some Echo!

1 Like

Love me some echo, and I only lightly punched my tv once

1 Like

Decked my bedroom microwave last night :joy: not nearly as fragile but just as jarring

Una observacion, yo tengo vista cansada y desde que uso las gafas de realidad virtual he recuperado mas del 60% de vision, a alguien le a sucedido algo asi?

After a few days with my Quest 2 I 100% recommend it for someone wanting to get into vr. I have had so much fun the past few days even with just the free games Iā€™ve got (Echo, Rec Room, VR Chat).
It is a great experience with hardly any initial setup needed. Oculus link to steam vr was a little iffy getting started but once it worked it worked very well.
Only complaint I have is the base face plate is quite scratchy and uncomfortable for long sessions so I highly recommend an after market face plate from VR Cover or another manufacturer.

2 Likes

I think it depends on your face,
The 1 and 2 both fit my face well, only reason I recommend the silicone is when you get into a game intensely

The facial foam had a tendency to soak up all the sweat, not a big deal for single player, but nobody wants to wear your sweat on your face

What about someone who doesnā€™t PC? Iā€™ve been looking at these since they came out, just wasnā€™t sure what Iā€™d be missing without the BSOD emulator attached to it.

I havenā€™t been had a computer capable of hooking my quest 1 or 2 up to

Have a gaming laptop on the way finally but Iā€™ve been happily playing away on it natively

That was one of the main reasons I got the quest

I refused to need to get a high performance pc and set up all the tracking cameras on the walls and stuff

1 Like

Fantastic for playing native games without a PC. The library selection is decent, and has many games with good replayability (Beat Saber, Space Pirate Trainer, etc). Thereā€™s a lot of excellent story-based experiences as well, for example The Room VR. Itā€™s a really cool puzzle game, with really good graphics. Superhot is fantastic as well. Many games have identical gameplay to their PC counterparts, but slightly toned down graphics. Any game with simpler graphics will be essentially identical to the PC version.

Itā€™s also good to note, if you still have access to a PC occasionally (no matter how powerful it is), you can also sideload games using SideQuest. Thereā€™s a lot of neat open-source or free games that you can sideload, that arenā€™t on the Oculus store.

If youā€™re playing without a PC though, I would definitely consider the higher storage model. If you have a decent library, 64GB can get tight. 256GB is good to have.

1 Like

Itā€™s worth noting that the game library works like most others these days,

If you purchase a game you can later delete from local storage and redownload for free when ever you want

If you like spatial puzzles try cubism, itā€™s like tangrams meets 3D Tetris

I love beatsaber (even though I canā€™t load custom music at the moment on the quest 2 because the update broke the patch)

I kick myself for not playing space pirate trainer for nearly a full year of having it on my quest 2 as a demoā€¦

Space pirate trainer is a terrible game title
Robot space blasters would have a better descriptionā€¦ like literally nothing involving pirates lol

Echo vr is the zero gravity Enders game battle chamber, mixed with ultimate frisbee, and a dash of taser glovesā€¦ itā€™s great unless you set you guardian boundary poorly and like any of your furniture or finger bones

Onward is my favorite FPS but I have conflicted feelingsā€¦ itā€™s firearms are about as realistic as you can getā€¦

As a real world gun nerd, there are some gun mechanics they always get wrong that I figured Iā€™d have a laugh pointing out, and I was dumbfounded how well they did
magazine capacity is remembered uniquely to each magazine

It knows the difference between an emergency/speed/tactical reload and the action correctly mimics what it should for each

Pistols for example, know the difference between using the slide release and using a a slingshot release method

Various other stuff, but color me impressed mechanically

The issue I have is there is ZERO tutorial on how to use the wonderful mechanics, lol

So itā€™s kinda brutally realistic, including a learning curve which is different

1 Like

Thatā€™s true, but redownloading can be a real pain, especially on iffy wifi (like my dorm wifi). I like to be able to install anything and never even consider cleaning up space :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had considered buying Cubism, might go ahead and grab it. Itā€™s on sale rn for $8.

Itā€™s worth it, Iā€™m on level 80 after about 3 hours of
Game play though

But itā€™s been a great 3 hours and Iā€™ll be sad when itā€™s done

Iā€™d happily pay again for more levels

Fwiw Iā€™m planning to get on in 45 minutes,
Either altspace or echo or w/e if someone wants to play

Might hop into the alt space as well. Gotta let my headset charge Iā€™ve been playing for hours on end :joy:
Side note: Just bought cubism so thank you

For this