VivoKey Apex Manager smartphone app for Android beta

interesting… can you post a screenshot of your home screen with all the apps listed? you can block out your ID if you want.

There’s a silly issue with phone numbers in the NFC Sharing app for the contact. If you don’t use a country code, the number won’t render correctly. I’m guessing you’re adding dashes left to right–right to left would sort that out. Also prevent the same issue for even lazier people that don’t bother with area codes.

this might be happening because you have an old version of the free memory applet still on the chip. remove and re-install the latest and it should fix :slight_smile:

Just did and didn’t fix it.

I assume this is a version number?

I assume this is not a version number (I don’t believe the applets have a version number, at least not from the viewpoint of Fidesmo) but the applet ID. Compare the number of other applets to the IDs Amal gave a few months ago for the manual deployment on iOS – they are the same.

Is the source for the Apex Manager app available somewhere on GitHub? If not, are you planning to open source it later on?

Currently, the app seems to only recognize applets by VivoKey. Is support for displaying all applets (including those of third party vendors) on your roadmap? If the code is available as open source somewhere, I’d be interested in trying to implement this myself (though I’m not much of a Android developer).

1 Like

Not really because the point of apex manager is to be able to manage / configure / work with the applets on chip, and at the moment we don’t have access to any other applets outside of Fidesmo Pay and Fidesmo Go, neither of which we can actually do anything with / for / to.

The way we find applets on chip differs from how Fidesmo works. Fidesmo keeps a catalog of applets deployed to a particular chip in a backend database. Sometimes this database gets out of sync with the chip, particularly if there are errors deploying or removing applets.

Apex Manager actually looks for specific applets on the chip by doing a rapid test of various application IDs.

At some point we will integrate the Fidesmo API and be able to provide application deployment and management abilities within apex manager, but there is no ETA for this.

I have a request for the upcoming redesign: Can you add the ability to set pictures for each OTP service? That was my favorite thing about the Vivokey Authenticator App. I have a lot of codes and I can find the right code a lot quicker if I am looking for the GitLab icon compared to the word “GitLab”. They could be stored locally on the phone, just like the Vivokey Authenticator App does.

3 Likes

Good catch yeah…

in theory the key itself can contain a “photo url” to pull the icon from, so they don’t need to be stored on the phone.

No service I have used actually encodes this in the QR code, so I suppose the App would have to pull e.g. the favicon of the Issuer URL and encode that.

1 Like

SynchronizeP71UseCase: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Call connect() first!

App says “Improper coupling, please rescan”.

I’ve got the Flex beta pretty close to the Apex, but Fidesmo is working flawlessly.

Fidesmo reports BIP32, NFC Share, OTP, FIDO.

EDIT for posterity: Seems my “NFC Share” 16Kb old old NDEF applet broke it. After deleting that app it works fine, and I’m assuming I can reinstall the new version and it will still work fine.

1 Like

that would probably be easiest tbh. Then the user would not have to do much extra work.

if we did pull that in, is that stored with the key in the chip or locally in the smartphone app? … i mean the url to the favicon…

you know what, i’m a dummy nevermind… just pull the icons each time… derrr

I get this error with my apex even after removing the ndef and free memory applet
Edit: looks like removing the tesla key applet let me in

Thanks for the report, Ill have a look - maybe its the same bug as before.

Will the vivokey authenticator app be going away in the future since the codes can now be generated in the apex manager app as well?

Yes for that reason but also we have changed our otp app to use the yubico aid prefix as well. It is not longer compatible with the latest version of otp applet.

1 Like

I have fixed and updated the Tesla applet on Fidesmo. It does now no longer disrupt the App when listing applets.

You have to re-install the Tesla applet using Fidesmo. This will destroy your keys and enrollments.

1 Like

I am way behind on the forums but I’m getting caught up now. I just tried this app with both my Apex Mega and my Spark2 and I’m getting the same error.

That is strange, when I scanned my spark2 it registers it as an Apex flex