VivoKey Apex Manager smartphone app for Android beta

Yeah, I tried that, but no luck.

Did you completely remove the Free Memory app with Fidesmo? In the screenshot you shared it looks like the used/free space is still visible.

2 Likes

Ok, Yeah it works :+1:
I thought you meant remove then add back.

1 Like

Well that was fast.

6 Likes

We just pushed an update to the free memory applet which fixes the root cause. Please reinstall the free memory applet to make the applet listing in the Apex app work properly.

2 Likes

Ok… rather interesting…

4 Likes

Great summary! In the spirit of open source, here is the line that fixed the problem: Throw 6D 00 upon rogue applet selects · DangerousThings/javacard-memory@703da6c · GitHub

Also, the core quote from “Runtime Environment Specification for the Java Card Platform, Version 2.2.2 - Chapter 4: Logical Channels and Applet Selection § 4.5.2 Applet Selection with SELECT FILE”:

Note - If the SELECT FILE command does not conform to the exact format of an Applet SELECT FILE command described in item 1 above or if there is no matching AID, the SELECT FILE command is forwarded to the active applet instance (if any) on that logical channel for processing as a normal applet APDU command.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I just tried the latest free memory applet with the Apex manager for Android that was last updated Jan 6 and I’m not getting the proper installed app list.

It’s only showing U2F as installed when in fact I have the Tesla key card, BIP32 wallet and U2F installed.

I’m using a Samsung Galaxy S22+ on Android 13.

Let me know if there is any other info I can provide for troubleshooting.

I know they are not looking at the Tesla applet with the Manager YET, so thats not surprising.

I just tested mine with the BIP32 wallet, and the same result as you, so here my ASSUMPTION is, this is the same as Tesla

1 Like

I hope I’m not being too presumptuous here but could it be possible for the apex manager to somehow list what the version numbers are of the applets installed on the chip?

the only way for this to work would be for the applets to have a way to report version information, and most don’t… at least not yet. it could be added to each… and that would probably be a good idea actually… but at the moment, no.

4 Likes

vicky-pollard-yeah-but-no-but

1 Like

Hey y’all, sorry I’ve been quiet here for a while. I’ll be here on this thread if any of y’all have any bugs/findings/suggestions.

I try real hard to get fixes out ASAP.

I actually just pushed a new update yesterday that should harden a lot of the functionality of the application. As it is in Beta though, bugs are bound to popup. Like I said above though, let me know what’s going on and maybe send me a logcat from the settings page of the app and I’ll get em squashed as soon as I can:)

10 Likes

Thanks for the update, all my Apex apps show up in the manager now and free space appears to display correctly :blush:

One minor UI thing, on my Galaxy S22+ the settings gear at the bottom half displays under the phones soft nav buttons. I tried to take a screenshot but it doesn’t capture the nav buttons just shows half the icon.

1 Like

Using the app so far has been amazing great work. Just today though, its been flashing “applet not installed” for otp. It still generates new codes but kicks me out of the menu. No problem with the vivokey autheticator though.

1 Like

Also we do intend to run two code checks for short lived otp codes so it just shows the next code automatically when the timer runs out… not implemented yet though

3 Likes

Pushed a new update yesterday on the Beta release that adds support for the NFC Sharing (NDEF) Applet. For now, Apex Manager allows you to add web link and virtual contact card records to your Apex.

5 Likes

@Dondula Noted. Thanks for pointing that out by the way! I haven’t seen that on any of my test devices but I can emulate an S22+ and fix it.

1 Like

I noticed I have BIP32 in manager as installed but it’s not in fidesmo. I even installed and then uninstalled it in fidesmo to make sure.

This is what shows in Fidesmo for me

This is what shows in APEX Manager

The others just open