VivoKey Apex update

Awesome news!
Out of curiosity, would this allow you to pre-sterilize the flex needle? I don’t remember the original reason that it’s not sterilized before shipping so maybe I’m just dumb and don’t see some other obvious reason.

8 Likes

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO CONTROLLING MY CAR!!

3 Likes

I’ll look into it. The primary reason is shipping a huge needle in a sterilization pouch is very dubious. It will inevitably pierce through the fragile pouch paper backing. We ship in tubes with a foam block over the point, but this is not suitable for sterilization… so you must sterilize during prep for the procedure.

I’ll look into some options.

5 Likes

I found with mine, I have done 2 things.

• My piercer autoclaved 4 custom needles for ~USD$7

• I removed the foam and filled the test tubes (actualy left a small air space ) with 70% IPA

My second option I found to be more robust for transport etc, as the autoclave bag was too fragile.

I get that these options are not as good as having your needle “ready to go out of the box” but also not a major hurdle to overcome.

1 Like

Could you put the shipping tube in the sterilization pouch?

Perhaps perforate the cap on the tube

2 Likes

Anything you can do here to sterilise the needle would be great. I would pay extra for that. I have a nurse who installs mine, but she cannot access sterilisation facilities at the hospital she works without problems.

1 Like

Hot glue it to the inside of an unlided aluminum sleek beverage can instead of a bag. Autoclave with a slight tilt and have a little riser bit at the middle. Pop the paper at the top and pull the needle out. Easy peasy + souvenir can.

oh I’m loving these news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome news!

1 Like

Hi Amal,

I’m new here and not a member of the premium club, so I don’t have access to the detailed information that sounds like is available there.

When you say the this new item will be available for “general sale,” does that mean that just anyone can buy one in the store, or will it only be available to premium members, people with pre-orders, and fundraising backers?

I’ve been dreaming of being chipped for years and I finally am in a position to do so, and this upcoming product is the sole reason I haven’t placed orders already. I’ve even built myself a bluetooth connected keyboard wedge in anticipation!

Thanks for any information you can provide. And for all that you do.

1 Like

Yup, “general sale” means that the Apex (at least the standard flex format) would be available in VivoKey’s online retail partners like Dangerous Things, KSEC, and Digiwell.

1 Like

Very exciting news!!

So how would one use an apex for “secure” acces control purposes?
Haven’t really found anything about that yet. Curious to find out more about that :slight_smile:

Has the retail packaging been finalised?

Hope you got a cool box design like the titan.

4 Likes

There are some applets currently in development that may assist you as well as the native Vivokey app function that us Spark owners are currently using however if you are talking about something like car access or building access that uses the Vivokey platform specifically, you will need to roll your own at this time. I believe that there is a project or two on the forum that went this route for the Spark which also uses the Vivokey platform.

Outside of that you can register it in any currently existing system that uses the same frequency. Spark v1 is iso15693, Spark v2 is iso14443 Desfire (V1?) and not sure about the Vivokey although I believe it will also be iso14443. This option isn’t Vivokey specific though…

4 Likes

Has anyone got their hands on the Vivokey Apex yet?
I am kind of getting impatient :wink:

4 Likes

Hahahaha, Wow, almost a month, Welcome to the queue buddy…

How long have you actually been waiting?

1 Like

I just received mine yesterday.

4 Likes

I just got an email that my Apex Flex shipped!

The contactless payment conversion in the blade of my hand has failed… Think i could remove that and replace it with the Apex Flex in one procedure? I will miss being able to pay with my hand…

3 Likes

No particular reason why you couldn’t, depends how you were removing the old and fitting the new though.