VivoKey for iOS Dev Update:

That’s what puzzles me: people like you seem very happy to be at the mercy of a sole vendor just because it provides a slick user experience. Me, I’ll take rough and less safe just for the option of sticking it to said vendor if I want to.

And I don’t get what you’re attributing victim hood to?

Yes I want a good looking, safe, efficient and constantly developing product and ecosystem that I use on a daily basis.

Whilst I will concede that there are very minor and specific use cases in which an android phone trumps an apple one, mostly in regard to access to 3rd party apps and services, the vast majority of the user experience is not attributable to this.

Who said anything about victimhood? If you’re happy, I’m happy for you :slight_smile:

What you don’t get is, I’m not talking user experience. I’m talking freedom. It’s bad enough and hard enough to escape Google, but I can’t imagine being completely shackled by Apple, even if the shackles are lined with velvet.

But hey, to each his own. Like I said, I don’t own any Apple product. So I’m not complaining :slight_smile: I was just pointing out something that I just plain don’t get, is all.

1 Like

I guess this promised android nirvana of “Freedom” is such an ephemeral concept that I don’t care?

If I did then I’d use an android.

In the mean time I’ll just enjoy the industry leading privacy options granted to me by the velvet shackles of Apple.

There’s little freedom with Android. Infuriatingly little. But there is some. That’s why I prefer it. Although “prefer” here should be understood like preferring cholera to the plague.

“Industry leading privacy options” are barely a fig leaf. Don’t get me wrong, they are better than the absolute nothing Google provides, but still nothing to write home about. You know, the shiny new M1 Macbooks? Some apps just don’t work if the Apple servers are having issues. Also it constantly phones home with how much of which app you used for what purpose etc. And I know, I know, everybody (mainstream thing) does this. Still makes my blood boil.

1 Like

So better than the market competitor, so…industry leading…

I’ll take some minor issues of a brand new product regarding some apps not working all the time over, I don’t know, say my phone exploding cough Samsung cough

I can relate to you there,

I’ve been an Apple owner for ten+ years, switched to Apple right before android came out simply because I kept blue screening my windows computer and phone. I love how everything just works when you need it to.

I do hate that I can’t do as much on an iPhone however, the more I could do would increase the risk of damage I could do and as of yet I have not experienced any viruses, blue screens or hiccups since my switch.

On a related note, I’ve been a Nest thermostat user for probably close to 10 years also, never had one issue with that system UNTIL google bought them out. :roll_eyes:

Industry leading would probably be graphene OS or something along those lines. Save for the fact that so few people use it…

:partying_face: online

1 Like

Tonight I drink to @RyuuzakiJulio

3 Likes

Weird…
I searched for Vivokey and nothing was found

It then gave a “ would you like to try searching for “Vivokey” instead?” … exactly same spelling

And it popped up lol

Installed and will play later this afternoon

2 Likes

That happened to me, got the app now!
I don’t have a VivoKey so that triggered a spark 2 impulse buy.

3 Likes

I’ve had a spark 2 for about 3 months with nothing to use it with till now lol

I was getting close to tinkering with an android

2 Likes

1 Like

woo hoo, downloaded, installed and now…
can’t scan my spark2

‘oauth expired.’
‘challenge expired’
and im in

:smiley:

I was hoping you would like that! @amal

5 Likes

Cheers @RyuuzakiJulio for all your hard work mate

4 Likes

Hmm
Interesting, I have the app mostly working, but I can’t seem to link my DT account with the Vivokey

I’m sure it’s something I’m doing but who knows

Login failed couldn’t find challenge

YEAH!!! I’m boot up!!! Wow so good news!!!

• Embarked in this adventure without knowing anything about microchip implants in November 2019.
  • A huge part of 2020 (almost every single day) had conferences with Amal who showed me among many other things, the ropes of working with microchip implants, specially Sparks.
  • We worked directly with Apple engineers to update their OS and allow us to use specific commands we needed to talk to the more deep parts of VivoKey chips.
  • Took everyone back and forward 7 months to finally get something working on June 2020, and almost 11 months to release the iOS update in October 2020.
  • Finally today VivoKey for iOS is out thanks to the help of many people involved.

VivoKey team for providing with all the knowledge of their systems.
iOS CoreNFC team for taking the time to work with us in modifying their Framework.

I’ll be making some vids about the app soon.

13 Likes