VivoKey for iOS Dev Update:

I’m pretty sure the app isn’t for ordering food, but I can probably translate a little more Indonesian. :stuck_out_tongue: Send over what you need translated. @RyuuzakiJulio

I can do the translation for French

I can help to translate in Dutch if necessary

@Epo for Indonesian
@kfmroot for French
@Vicarious or @Ceylan for Dutch

Awesome, so I will be creating a private GitHub Repo for Each Language and Share it specifically with the person who wants to help to translate it. Can you PM me your GitHub account name to prepare the file and share it with you guys individually?

2 Likes

PM sent

I can do Portuguese! :blush:

1 Like

Can do Portuguese Br

Ok Translations are taking a bit to implement, we will try to roll first release and work on translations as they keep coming.
Everyone! Fingers crossed!!

11 Likes

Roughly how long does the review process take? :thinking:

“On average, 50% of apps are reviewed in 24 hours and over 90% are reviewed in 48 hours. If your submission is incomplete, review times may be further delayed or your app may be rejected. Once your app has been reviewed, its status will be updated and you will be notified.”

Taken from:

2 Likes

What happens if you distribute your software outside of the Apple store also? Does Big Brother ejects it?

Not really, but iPhones have no official way to “install” un-verified software.
We would be talking about “jailbreak” or do some tricks with permissions which falls outside the guidelines of Apple. The other way is to give away the code as open source and let anyone with a paid developer account compile it and run it on their device. Need a paid developer account because we need CoreNFC.

So wouldn’t do good for any average person.

Yes its true, was rejected in a few minutes.

Reason, “Metadata Rejected”
Specifically the part on the app description that said:
“The VivoKey Android app acts as the link…”

My bad my bad. Fixed it and re-submit again immediately.

2 Likes

Really? Wow, so you truly pay to be an Apple hostage then. Why would anyone buy one of them things is beyond me. Must be some kind of digital Stockholm syndrome or something…

p233HIQKBANMG

3 Likes

Yeah Good News Ryuuzaki :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Ok, let it out of your system.

2 Likes

No no, it wasn’t a criticism. It’s just… I find the whole affair quite staggering. No-one in his right mind would have been a customer of any company that would have proposed that sort of deal 30 years ago. But now… well people seem happy enough with it. It never ceases to amaze me. And developers like you seem happy enough to play along also, which is even more of a mystery to me.

But really, I wasn’t ranting - why would I? I don’t even have an iPhone. It’s just… mind boggling :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean they are suing Apple for that. They want more freedom. Afaik the whole EPIC/Fortnite lawsuit is partly about allowing different app stores.
Then there’s the jailbreak community suing Apple because they killed their business (they copied all good tweaks as system features and make it rly hard to jailbreak).

So an unofficial AppStore might become reality.

It’s not fair, it’s probably even illegal, we’ll see.
So yes Rosco, Apple users are hostages.

I can see it tho’, Apple user experience (as non poweruser) is just amazing. Way better designed UIs, just smooth, just… Apple.

Not sure I’ve ever felt like a hostage with my shiny suite of apple products that work seamlessly together…

I like the fact that every app in the App Store works well due to Apple’s high quality assurance.

I own an android for tinkering and other nefarious uses much like I own a laptop with Kali on it but there is no way that’s gonna be my daily driver!

1 Like