VivoKey for iOS Dev Update:

Now he is aiming to be a singer.

(will be missed, our little cyborg-wannabe)

5 Likes

Wanted to say something about his poses…

Remembered the stuff I myself did in teenage years…

Remained quiet.

depricorn

6 Likes

Harmless, passionate, enthusiastic.

I hope he finds his niche

10 Likes

I’m not sure what I find more cringeworthy - the kid’s obsession or you posting a gigantic unreadable toilet paper-shaped jpeg :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a little before my time with you guys, so forgive me for asking, did that kid have an implant?

Just a reminder he was last on the forum feb 11th, so it’s possible he pops back in

1 Like

Nope he was crowd funding one

1 Like

I guess community-supported ROMs don’t exist? Oh wait they do. Especially for former flagships.

That’s just a term for vendor lock-in.

That’s incorrect and you know it - gotta select iOS versions too and IF the versions no differently. Had to explicitly exclude anything below iOS 14 for the chipscanlib demo.

Was this in Japan? Or elsewhere. Because given the huge Apple culture in Japan, that makes sense. I’ve never seen a used device go for that here. I think I paid $120 for a used Pixel a few years back.

Even that you had to stalk and beg Apple devs to add 15693 support for us? When it was a given in Android?

You know I like you mate, but bloody hell you hate Android for no good reason. Apple is a predatory business. Serialising parts was just the last in a long line of anti-consumer policies. Yeah, the iOS lasts longer, but that’s no good when they stop you from replacing the battery by putting pointless encryption in it. Your “Apple is open” argument boils down to saying “thank you for letting me have some access to my phone because i have a developer account”. You’re invested into an ecosystem, you said it yourself here:

and that’s fine. But developers and tinkerers, by and large, live on Android and Linux or Windows. This community, by and large, lives on Android. The world, by and large, lives on Android, especially the developing parts. Just because you live in a country who is Apple-majority, it doesn’t mean everywhere is.

Apple’s closing their grip on desktops with Apple Silicon, there will be no more upgrading anything in their desktops even.

6 Likes

I’m just happy that iPhone users can enjoy VivoKey chips now. ^^

8 Likes

I’ll drink to that :beers:

1 Like

I feel like mommy and daddy are fighting. Can’t we all just get along and agree that consumer electronics suck and the industry needs some serious reforms :laughing:

6 Likes

I wish the PinePhone had NFC built in rather than an add on…and a Vivokey App

1 Like

She says it all.

1 Like

I believe that ideas are the ones who fight not people. :shushing_face:

@RyuuzakiJulio
If the translation is still a relevant topic you can sign me up for Hungarian language. :hungary:
200 lines sounds like a one-night project :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah would love it. Need to re-pack the file and make a GitHub project for you.
Pass me your GitHub username.

atilla-scb that is.
Looking forward!

Why am I having so much trouble?

Running the current version of VivoKey app on iOS 14.5 using Spark 2.

I can’t seem to login to the VivoKey members forum from the link in the VivoKey app.

The following is the sequence of events I’ve been following.

I open the app and scan my Spark 2

I click the Members Forum link

I click “Touch to login”

I click “Open”

I scan my Spark 2

I get denied

Has this happened to anyone else? What am I doing wrong?

I had that a couple times, for me it was just a bad read angle. Tried it again with a little adjustment and it worked.

Edit: I just tried it and was getting the same issue. :frowning: However if you go to https://members.vivokey.com/ in your browser and start the process from there it might work. It did for me at least.

In this case, I can rule out a bad read.

I thought maybe the link was screwed up but once I click it in this post I can see it works.

So I play along and click “Touch to login”

Here we go! Except when I go back as instructed…

:frowning: