VivoKey for iOS Dev Update:

Yeah, that’s basically the only thing I did with a Jailbreak.
And the only reason was because my previous phone was one of those Japanese (non android) phones that had some animations in the background and I thought it was “cool”
Animated custom app openings, the whole thing was a super cutie. Could even watch Radio TV and tune into AM/FM stations on that phone. Which I never saw possible (not like I want it anymore) in no iPhone or Android.

And I’ll be honest, the reason I jumped into Apple after being a Microsoft / Blackberry / Motorola user was because there is an App that allows me to see Medium Format digital images as soon as I shoot them, and it only worked on iPhone / iPad. (maybe still now)

https://www.phaseone.com/sitecore/content/Online%20Help%20-%20Capture%20One/CO10/Capture-Pilot?sc_lang=en

I even made an Apple Watch app that allowed me to destroy my Minecraft base in a server if I see an intruder, so they don’t get the pleasure of destroying my base themselves.

1 Like

Honestly the only reason I got my iPhone was because I didn’t feel like waiting for 3 days without a phone to get the Galaxy S9. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t love this phone. The inter connectivity with my Mac Book is amazing.

Now that is amazing
(Also I found a way to sideload Cercube 5 so I’m back to no YouTube ads.)

I think it’s really fun to see how every one here has a different red flag :smile:
For me, it’s maybe piercing guns or such, for Rosco it’s usually privacy (or political-correctness)-related, and for you, it’s the eternal battle of iPhone vs. Android :wink:

Thing is, you won’t change people’s mind. It’s like, in times long gone, the battle between gamers who use a playstation vs. pc gamers. It’s just a matter of habit and taste.

Personally, I prefer Android - because of habit, and because I managed to set up a phone without registering a google account, samsung account or anything similar, and it still works fine, because I don’t have to rely on google playstore to get my apps. That’s nice, I think, though it was more of an experiment on how minimalistic I could set up my phone (it’s a phone for work, so I had to think about protecting the privacy of my customers anyway - so, no messengers and the like).
I’m seriously thinking about a “repairable” phone like the fairphone, but currently I’m just happy with my Samsung one - simply because I like the style and haptics and all that :woman_shrugging:

And a little thing that makes me a bit uncomfortable some times - Apple users I know sometimes tend to be a bit… “fanatic” about their products. Like, everything they have has to be from Apple, and they have to have every available gadget, just because it’s from Apple, and they behave more like it’s a cult or something. I mean, hell, it’s just a phone… :wink:

4 Likes

Hahaha I wouldn’t call it red-flag per say, but I have been working to bring this app to life for so long because there was no iPhone option before. Even went to track down the App Engineers in charge of making the CoreNFC framework to work together with Dangerous Things and modify their framework to allow functionality with the Sparks, which they actually they did, for all of us!

Not trying to convince anyone to get an iPhone, I know people is used to have what works for them and is cool, you don’t see me bashing on Androids or saying OMG I LOVE APPLE SO MUCH. Its just what I use and I consider it enough for all my needs as a developer and user.

I got all my Apple stuff because it just works very nice together. My wife got a new iPhone to work better with her Spark 2 and the moment she turned it on, her previous phone asked if she wanted to set it up. When she tried to access the WiFi network, I received a notification that my wife’s new iPhone wanted to access our WiFi and asked me to allow that new device access to our network since I am the main account. In my MBP I actually run bootcamp Windows 10 for stuff that is not available on the MacOS (pretty much games like CyberPunk 2077 and some VR games) because those developers don’t have a team that works on MacOS compatible games. Which they totally could, is the same amazing machine that can run them at max settings without a hickup.

I have an Oculus Quest 2 (VR headset), which is Android based, and I think is great for what it is, but I do hate the fact that I can’t just copy-paste a password when I try to login to some account from inside the app.

I totally understand that it’s a very comfortable thing - that’s what Apple users around me mention most, it’s just very comfy, easy and connected. And of course that leads to what I mentioned above - sooner or later, more or less every product “has” to be from Apple, just to provide that connectivity. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but - just my personal, not-so-informed opinion - I like it if my devices don’t communicate too much on their own. Yep, it’s less comfortable, but I like to type in every single password every single time I log in somewhere :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah I get that, that feels more secure, knowing the password is just stored inside your memory. Would love to get rid of passwords at all, I think they should be obsolete already.
First it was 4 digit pins, then alphanumeric, then had to be 6, then minimum 8 with special characters, then 2FA, so now you don’t only need your username and crazy complex password, that’s not even enough, now you need another damn device to authenticate yourself. So what’s the whole idea of a complex password for? We should really just use the power of encrypted auths on our Sparks already for everything.

There’s a court case because of that, apple killed jailbreaking and stole all the good tweaks.

Why do you need freedom? Why would you when you could also live in jail and get food for free. Yeah ok the butts*x aint good but still? Why should you NEED freedom?

Argh it’s like arguing with someone who says “I dont care about privacy I have nothing to hide”.
Can’t we just all agree that we want freedom without each and everyone having a specific need?

3 Likes

There is always a court case, anyone can sue anyone for any reason.

Freedom of what? I got 3 droids here stuck in old OS, I’m not even free to update their OS. Other than that, I don’t have anything else I need to do that ONLY Android can provide.

1 Like

I also have an iPhone 4 on which I can’t update the OS. On Android I can use a custom ROM, and on iOS I could potentially jailbreak it. I don’t see how this is an argument about freedom.
Edit: edited for clarity

This kind of reminds me of people at work arguing over what the weather will be because they believe “their” app is more accurate than everyone else’s :joy:

I like to tell them at end of they day that they were all wrong.

I’m not one to push “my” brands or beliefs onto others because it’s a matter of preference and what your used to. Try to think of it as religion.

I can’t say I prefer Apple over android because I’ve never owned an android, I plan to one day just to see what the hype is all about but I have some friends that say they switched to Apple and tell me I’m better off.

Just because there are updates doesn’t mean you get freedom. My MacBook updates twice a year, it’s always ready to go. With my PC I’m almost guaranteed to have 6 hours of downloading and installing updates or restart 26 times only to find more updates.

Privacy ain’t my red flag. It’s important to me but it won’t get me mad.
Mindless PC will though. And religion. In a hurry. You might have noticed :slight_smile:

@RyuuzakiJulio incidentally, if you ever got the impression that I was trying to fan the iOS / Android flame war, I apologize because I genuinely think it’s fucking pointless and retarded. I did voice my preference on the matter - probably too strongly, as always - but if I didn’t make it clear that I genuinely don’t give a rat’s ass about people’s choice of portable digital surveillance device, I’ll restate it now. And I commend you for your efforts to bring the joys of the implantee life to the Apple crowd.

Oh and yeah, piercing guns are awesome :wink:

3 Likes

Currently having trouble verifying my email for the members forum. Never got sent a verification email (checked my spam) and so I figured I just needed to change it like I did to verify my Vivokey account (I think it didn’t like my @me.com) but I can’t get to the forgot my password prompt because if I hit sign in it immediately prompts me to use the app

The VivoKey and DT forum email verification has been kinda wonky, neither will accept an @yahoo.com address for me but @gmail.com seems to work.

Yeah I was gonna try to change it to gmail since that worked for my vivokey account. But for the members only forum it says to click forgot password to resend verification email. Which I can’t do since it immediately prompts me to use the app.

Ah, slightly, from time to time… :wink:

rage

2 Likes

Indeed they are

I just thought I would drop this here

5 Likes

This thread needs a trigger warning now.

4 Likes

The beginning and end of an era. May his vivokey interest rest in piece, along with his patience

3 Likes