VivoKey for iOS Dev Update:

YES!!! That would be so helpful. I will be asking for help on this place as soon as I get into the translation file.
(Beware that I am working on the iOS app right now, the android app needs some work to make translations work)

1 Like

New update:

I’ll try just with a video this time.
Let me know what you guys think.

11 Likes

As somone who has basically never touched android, this is quite interesting!

2 Likes

can speak filipino, can translate when file is available.

3 Likes

Cool app

1 Like

Gaucho Peligro :cowboy_hat_face:

recuerda, cuando hables, debe agregar valor, tu comentado palabras similares.

Estoy practicando mi Espanol, por favor digame si yo cometo errores.
Tengo palabras limitadas y, a veces, estructuro mis (sentences) incorrectamente, el Espanol es bastante diferente al Ingles

y,
Has hecho un tutorial avancedado todavĂ­a?

One more little update.
This is the last view I need to be working on.
Looks kinda busy but I kinda like it like that. What do you guys think?

You can copy the chip UID and also the Implant ID. Change URL or name of the implant.

I’m working now on “Adding a new VivoKey” button and screen. Once is finished I’ll make another video.

8 Likes

Yes it is busy, but it is still tidy, logical and full-featured for a single page :+1:

1 Like

Looking good Julio, still not getting an iPhone though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

lol yeah, is not for everyone.

2 Likes

I am so so sorry I know is super late to do this, but I added a public trello board so everyone can check the progress. Is really almost done. So I don’t have much to add, but still I try to explain what I am doing at this moment and what are the next steps.

“https://trello.com/b/TFHXMqZX”

6 Likes

I did have a couple of thoughts that may slightly improve usability/reduce feeling of busyness on that screen.

• Helper text ‘Present URL when scanning VivoKey’ could be moved to directly under the mode selector before the URL field to make it clearer what changes it.

• Reload and Update seem a bit confusing. Perhaps ‘Cancel’ and ‘Save’? Could have the Save button un-grey-out itself when a change is made to give a visual cue that there are unsaved changes

• Maybe I’m being pedantic here, but instead of ‘Owned VivoKeys’ I’d go with something more like ‘My VivoKeys’ - feels more in line with the iOS user centric thing

• Maybe UID and type could be moved to the ‘i’ panel on the implant selector? I’m not sure how often people would need to copy it, and for identification there is already the nickname

1 Like

Agreed

That or Re-Read and Write

Adding “My” always is good for consumer fronting applications

Another agree

Now that’s some nice feedback. Let me see if I get it.

About “Present URL when scanning VivoKey”
I had it over the URL. but then it separates too much. The URL thing shows up ONLY when pressing URL. Otherwise the “Present URL when scanning VivoKey” changes to another text and is right under the selector. (not trying to defend my alignment, just saying I’ve tried that already and looks kinda funky)

About Reload and Update, yeah, I was thinking, reload shouldn’t even exist and Update should be just “Save” and it should just show up when you actually made changes. But the way that it works now, is that you can make a bunch of changes to any of your keys and decide to cancel them all.
Perhaps I should make it more of “Click to edit” and “Done” and just show a list of VivoKeys.
But then again, most of the people just has one, so it seem redundant to make people go to this tab and then click on the only key they have to edit it. Thats why I went for the carrousel thing on the bottom.
IDK what do you guys think?

My VivoKeys actually does sound much better, I changed it already thank you.

You know the “i” is a popup with the ID of the chip.
Thing is, there are two IDs for each chip. One is the actual UID of the actual chip that any scanner can read. Many devices just use this to identify a chip. Just like the RFID.
The other is the Implant ID that comes from the VivoKey server and is much much longer.

I thought people who is developing their own contraptions (arduino or raspberry pi or whatever) would like to have a quick way to access the normal UID. But I get your point, they might as well just get it from the reader inside their projects.

I’ll move that data to the “i” place too.

1 Like

2 Likes

Little change lots of code drama. :joy:
I’ll fix it.

3 Likes

Why do you need a board code in the app I am a little bit confuse can you explain a little bit.

I think what you referring to is the QR Code.
Is an easy way to let another device read the digits instead of copying it one by one.
So if I want to copy 9816238941623896129369123691236 is easier with a QR code because any smartphone can read the data. You can try to read this QR code with your phone right now and it will show you the long number on the bottom.

This is the ID of the chip. Sometimes people might need it to put their ID on a program or device to tell it “ONLY WORK WITH THIS ID”

I was actually thinking it would be better with the normal UID of the chip.
Actually the design has changed a little bit since I am still working on how to show the data here.

2 Likes

Getting my Spark 2 implanted this weekend! :blush::tada:

And I don’t have any Android on me, so relying totally on you @RyuuzakiJulio for this amazing app!

Thank you for your amazing work and, as always, if you could use any help, let me know! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Hahaha the pressure is real!
I wish Apple wasn’t so picky with their public releases, I could have everyone playing with incomplete versions of the app now.
A lot of it is already done, and because of that Amal has me working on other quick projects that need to be done ASAP before anything. This projects will enhance the capabilities of what the whole VivoKey is.
But yes, my main objective is to finish that iOS app.
Still got a few buggies to squeeze and features to drop in.
I am always reading this, so feel free to drop a message anytime.