Walletmor, payment implant dropping October?

Same wishes here, but on the FAQ it clearly says chlorhexidine - that’s why I was so surprised, honestly.

Damnit.

I just want to reiterate because Amal has said this multiple times. I know it’s a complicated space and you just want payment sorted, but you have to keep this is mind:

EMV mandates expiration dates. They’re forcing everyone into that scheme. The only way to get around it is to tokenize the chip every once in awhile. If your chip is not tokenized and given a new identifier pointing to it in the bank’s system occasionally, then it will expire. Period.

1 Like

You’ll have noticed that I didn’t bitch and moan about it for a change, since Amal explained it clearly in another thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh well, I’ll call it first version and offer a free upgrade procedure to the brave people who get chipped for three years to have all the fun while waiting for the tokenized version…

I’m the Asian guy yeah? Yeah.

Not at this time… it is still chlorhexidine for flex devices… though with the Titan campaign reaching new heights I feel like I gotta kinda step up my game somehow. We are exploring options.

7 Likes

charmed

2 Likes

Food for thought ok the expiration date

We might be asking a lot, I mean who’s to say that contactless will even remain a thing beyond 5-6 years, or that some new encryption standard wont be released

I could live with 3 years if it was an x series, I not a fan of the idea of a flex having to be cut out, mostly for the scaring

1 Like

I did not mean complain in any way @Satur9 , I just copied the info available to the forum, since some of the users here don’t do social media and major players on the web :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll be grabbing me one of these, and just replace it when the Apex has a viable solution for payment :slightly_smiling_face:

As for scaring, the 0,5-1cm-ish scar from removal doesent bother me too much, as I’ll just use the same entry point as when I installed it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The thing that really grinds my gears with that stupid expiry date thing is that it’s a totally artificial problem. I could be okay with having to change the implant every 3 years if there was a good technical reason to do so and there was no other way. But I most certainly not gonna cut myself open because a bunch of stubborn people unilaterally decided they won’t have it any other way and won’t flip a bit.

1 Like

The issue is a bit more nuanced of course… basically the most interesting thing is that chips and security standards reach EOL eventually and hence hardware drops out of certification. I could go into more detail but basically the expiration date was moved from the magnetic world to chips because it suited the whole system to ensure cards were cycled regularly, hence new chips come into use. Trust me… it costs money to make and send new cards to people so if there were no relevant reasons to enforce this cycling of cards, they wouldn’t… but in their eyes, security and maintaining current hardware is a good enough reason to justify the expense. With the world of contactless though they did recognize that the 4 year limit was a little too limited and that’s why they recently increased the max to 9 years… but card manufactures haven’t stepped up to the plate yet because most wearables get tossed after 3-4 years anyway… so… the cycle continues.

1 Like

Well, if chip deprecation is the root of the issue, then the implant issue will never get solved. And it goes further than just payment in that case: general identification / authentication application standards could also require chips to be upgraded to the latest and greatest every x years - meaning Vivokey could very well have a big problem on their hands.

Security my hiney. You still can pay for stuff just by spelling out your credit card number, expiry date and CVV to an operator over the horn. How’s that for secure? They allow that, and yet they want to make sure the NFC hardware remains current? Not very logical to me.

But anyway, like I said, if they upgrade the chip and require implantees to change their chip, that’s a good technical reason and I’d be okay with that. I could be sent an email informing me that my current implant isn’t up to scratch anymore, and I need a new, better one. That’s fine. But requiring me to change the chip for the same one with a different ID every x years just because is kinda dumb.

it’s less linear than that… it’s more of a spaghetti ball than a tree… but for tokenized stuff there is a theoretical limit yes… 12 years… but waivers are always a thing… and for small groups of affected users (implantees would be an exceptionally small group), it’s easier to get waivers.

yep… that’s exactly how security typically works… plug the holes in the boat by cutting out plugs from the hull.

5 Likes

So it looks like the ambassador program is now open £199. But there is still no comment on topping up or anything so…

1 Like

It is possible to buy, but not possible to pay for. I get inconsistent currencies error with PayU and Stripe claims it is in test mode. I tried to reach them but no luck so far.

1 Like

Really shit, I thought they changed the price to allow us to buy well just more waiting I guess.

I’d be very interested to see if this works with a KBR1 and any locks.
If one could still use the ID for access control, the expiry doesn’t mean it’s a useless chip.

2 Likes

FedEx still does this and because of the pandemic you can’t pay by card with the driver. I hate doing it but it’s their only option at the moment :woozy_face:

What? Really?

I work with my hands in a dirty environment, so really can’t afford to be off work whilst it heals if it needs changing out regularly. 8 years I was prepared to deal with as I’ve wanted this for so long, but 6, or less of I don’t get it done right away…? I’m not sure for mukabbir sahiwal school.