Walletmor possibly dead?

Hey,
Got my walletmor installed 2 days ago. Before installation I paid with it in my corner store no issues. After installation didn’t try to pay with it until now. Wound almost fully healed so removed the dressing and tried to pay. Nothing happened. Tried scanning it with pm3, but doesn’t show up on neither auto nor hf search no matter the position/ orientation. Any ideas what to do with it?

1 Like

2 days is still really fresh, give it a few days for any potential swelling to go down and keep trying, there’s a good chance it just needs time

3 Likes

Fair enough. Will wait a few days then maybe get an X-ray to see where it actually is and how it’s looking.

1 Like

You should feel it after healing. Like in 4 weeks you’ll be able to pinpoint where it is exactly. That you can’t now is just one more proof that you’re long not healed internally yet.

1 Like

Pre-implantation though, so healing wasn’t a factor

I don’t own any readers fancier than my phone, nor any flex implants, so I defer to you on that one, you know a lot more about readers than me. Though I do hope you’re wrong in this case

Nope. Pocket was created using the 4g needle and spreader to hold the pocket open. Implant slid in without any tools just one finger with barely pushing it in. I have it in the space between ring and pinky metacarpal. Like shown in the walletmor questions thread.

1 Like

Yh, nfctag blind too. But detects next no issues. Well. Time to remove and see what went wrong I guess.

1 Like

If I were you I would wait a couple of days. I mean you are in no rush, aren’t you? I don’t remember exactly when it started working, but I’m sure I wasn’t able to read my flexDF2 for the first ~2 days at all using NFC tools (11 days ago).

2 Likes

Mine was done via scalpel, with a lot of anesthesia (some kind of special mix which also reduces bleeding), so that also may have been a factor. But you know, waiting a few days doesn’t hurt…bad implant can be removed anytime.

No idea, didn’t ask :smiley: I was happy with the description of what it does and I asked more about how it actually works, but not about the name of the thing :smiley: It made the skin around really pale. Tomorrow I’m going for stitch removal, so I’ll ask :smiley:

Yh, I’m getting X-ray of it done later today, maybe it will show something plus will give better idea of where the chip is. Will wait a week and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice everybody!

2 Likes

I found with my walletmor first week couldn’t get reads week 2 could get reads with some trying after 4 weeks had a massive bump in readability. Long story short give it a little more time

3 Likes

Hoping for the same. Will see how it goes. Ironically I just remembered that I had the same with my next despite no inflammation. Took almost a week for it to start getting any reads.

1 Like

Fixed that for you. Whether you can see any signs of it your body is still reacting to the trauma of having a mildly invasive procedure performed.

Normal advice is to wait two weeks before worrying about no reads. Immediately post implantation there would have been insufficient time for your body to cause issues.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Such a negative nancy Rosco :laughing:

1 Like

@Satur9 when you are a pessimist, there are only positive surprises :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would really wait a couple weeks before you do anything, flexes do show up all that well on X-rays to begin with, so it’s not like that will help much

Give it time to heal and you should know where it is by feel

3 Likes

ITS ALIVE :crazy_face:
It comes back as iso for cards too without transmission issues.
X-ray was useful cuz I had no idea where the implant actually was. Turns it slid in far deeper than I initially expected.

2 Likes

That’s interesting, mind sharing the X-ray? I’m
Not sure I’ve seen a pcb flex on X-ray

1 Like

Sure. I’m getting the CD with it on Monday and will send. It’s pretty cute. Ahhahaha

2 Likes