Walletmor reader position index

OK so I’m starting this thread without any actual content right now. What I would love this thread to be (think would be really useful) is a gallery of images with indication where to place your walletmor or similar payment implant (ideally we would keep it to wedge / butterfly flex’s).

1 Like

This POS (Yomani XR) is very common here in Luxembourg with nearly every major supermarket chain like “Cactus”, “Match”, “Delhaize” (European “Food Lion”), the largest gas station chain “Aral”, MC Donald’s and most smaller stores and restaurants using these. Sometimes the reader is on the left side (like in the picture), sometimes it’s on the right side (Aral uses these mainly). They seem to be so reliable that I can hold the implant against the reader, no matter the orientation or position and they just work. They even worked with swelling. This basically means that you can leave your wallet at home and don’t have to worry about your Walletmor not working as far as I can tell :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ll be updating this if I encounter a problem with this POS in the future.

2 Likes

Apparently they are used in EVERY C&A clothing shop in Germany too. I’ve also seen them in C&A shops in Luxembourg. (Often Luxembourg is regarded as part of Germany or Belgium when it comes to international companies.)

Source: YOMANI

2 Likes

Just a word of warning though. People on the Walletmor Facebook group were complaining about these readers, but they were attempting to test with the implant still in the vial where gravity was pulling the orientation by 90 degrees. This was my response to that;

3 Likes

Yes I found that too when mine wasn’t installed, I just turned the vial so that the vial was upright to avoid the implant from turning. That at least gave me a read but it still wasn’t a very good one. The reads after installation have all been very fast and easy though :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This terminal is also used by Tyro in Australia.

1 Like

I had a reader exactly like that fail not work with my vimpay.
Weird, but maybe just not exactly the same model.