Walletmor - some questions

Did it arrive? :slight_smile:

I am always there, just travelling the last few days.

1 Like

YESSSSSSS :grin:
btw, one question to anyone who has it when it comes to chip placement. Does anyone have it in the space between pointing finger and thumb? or would forearm be better? Edge of the hand is out due to gym.

I can’t say if anyone has in position zero (space between finger and thumb)
But In general, you don’t want a flex implant to bend a lot, and there’s nothing rally there to support it

Along the top of your ring or pinky metacarpal seems to be to goto ( where mine is)

Be mindful of install location as the warranty will only cover approved locations

2 Likes

Oh, so unlike DT, Walletmor has approved locations for flex implant? Do you mind sharing? I’m still trying to decide where to put my flexClass.

Actually… it might be the other way around

DT for sure has changed their flex warranty policy, due to installs in bad locations and bad install practices…
I forgot that walletmor is technically a different company

But the advice remains the same

Ok, so you are talking about “locations” as in Installers.

I thought you meant locations like location on body.

If that’s the case then yes, I’m aware of DT new updated warranties, and I’m sure Walletmor has similar ones

I was, but re reading the new policy, I don’t see implant locations… I thought there was talk of this, since knife edge wasn’t recommended anymore

It would make sense that if you implant in a location not recommended, it’s on you if it fails

Either way… I would STILL recommend giving it some thought and choosing an install location that is suitable for a flex…

Just got mine installed in the same spot as you. Installer also recommended it so went with it. Thanks for the recommendation:)

3 Likes

Nice, congrats on the implant! :slight_smile: I just wanted to recommend you this position (I can’t find the page where all positions are showed, but it’s position 4 if I’m not mistaken), but you were faster :smiley:

It should be okey location, see this Knife edge installations of flex implants . I’ve implanted FlexDF2 in this location last week and I’m planning on putting the Walletmor in the other hand on the same spot. No issues whatsoever in that week, and I expect none in the future as well :slight_smile:

offtopic: cc @amal I think the link generator is broken somehow, at least for me the “flex” “df2” link points to https://forum.dangerousthings.com/%20https://dangerousthings.com/product/flexdf2/

thx! fixed … FlexDF2 … maybe? hah hmm… there… should be now.

6 Likes

@amal @wojtek one thing I think is worth mentioning somewhere in the walletmor handbook is that the application needle is not sterile. I only came to this conclusion after googling it a few times and arguing with my piercer.

I had a quick look around on the Walletmor site, and nothing needle related jumped out at me.

It may well have been a conscious decision on wojtek’s part, for fear of scaring people away with a “giant fucken needle” :man_shrugging:

If you got yours from a piercer, or sent direct to a piercer you may not have seen the sticky label.

On my custom needles, the test tubes all had bright fluorescent stickers “this needle is not sterile” although mine were not for Walletmor specifically, and their packaging may be different.

Also, when you buy the needle individually, there are a couple of reminders:

Obviously, different from your situation, but at least there are some warnings in place…

1 Like

No. My needle came in a same box as the walletmor implant itself and was in a clear plastic tube without any markings. We decided to autoclave it anyway just in case. I only realised it was not sterile after googling the needle and it only comes up in the dangerous things store and not on the walletmor page nor in the booklet on installation pages.

2 Likes

I never got a shipping update or anything and still haven’t received mine. Ordered in February. Mine should have been in this last US batch I’m concerned if others already got theirs 2 weeks ago. Haven’t gotten any response to my latest inquiry, did these not have tracking info?

Did these come in a box or some type of envelope? USPS? Afraid at this point mine may be lost.

That will.be the best place to ask, but let’s drop a @wojtek here and hope he sees it and can answer you

1 Like

Well. My Walletmor finally come today. I am - to put it lightly - extremely pissed off to see after scanning the chip that it’s going to expires 07/23.

And before you try to tell me that it shows that right on the website, I ordered mine in February - here’s a archive.org snapshot from April 19th:

All it said at the time was 3 years. I thought I might get 30 months out of it after lead time for conversion and shipping and now it’s here and I don’t even have half of that. Sometime in the last month that information was added, but it was not there when I decided to order.

I inquired with @wojtek several times about the status of my order and my concern about months being shaved off the already short lifetime of the implant. Knowing that was a concern of mine, I’m pretty disappointed that I wasn’t even given a heads up that it was already halfway to expiration when I placed the order.

Honestly not even sure it’s worth installing at this point, I wouldn’t have ordered it if that expiration would have been made known at the time.

1 Like

If its from the US batch of walletmors, iirc they are using converted purewrist chips, which ive come to understand will have shortened expiration dates than advertised. Happened to me when i ordered one of their wristbands as well.

Im thinking that whenever purewrist ordered a batch of chips, they all have the set expirations they advertise, but then they will want to sell off as many as possible before they order a new batch with updated expirations…

1 Like

Same,
My original pure wrist was very close to full life
My original got lost, so I had to get a replacement…
The replacement had a chunk of the life already gone

Coincidence or not, I think my expiration date is the same