Walletmor - some questions

The specifics don’t matter: if a EU company bills you and ships to you within the EU, you don’t pay import duties anymore than you would if it was a Czech company shipping to you within the Czech Republic.

But don’t you worry none, you end up paying anyway, just indirectly :slight_smile: Although possibly a bit less because I assume Wojtek and Amal know all the tricks to pay as little as possible, while individual consumers are more readily shafted by customs when they order something abroad.

What I meant was, if you order an item from the US for $100 and the EU or your country imposes, say 15% customs duties on that particular class of items, you’ll end up paying $115 (and then of course VAT over that, but that’s something else). If the European distributor imports 100 of the same item, he’ll be charged %15 just like you and he’ll pay $11,500, and then he’ll pass the cost on to you by selling you the item $115.

Of course, that would be a particularly stupid distributor. In real life, he’d pay less because he’d get a volume discount from the US manufacturer, and he’d save money on shipping by shipping in bulk, so that in the end, he can charge you $130 and have a profit margin left. But it was an illustration.

This has nothing to do with the cost of shipping. I was just talking about import duties. You pay for em one way or the other, either directly by wiring money to your country’s excise and duties, or by paying back the local distributor.

Additionally, in the case of Walletmor and DT, the relationship might be a bit different: Walletmor might in fact be sending components to DT and order a rework, or assembly on them. Then what is shipped back is the assembled product. Typically the value added by DT would be subject to import taxes, not the entire product, provided the declaration paperwork is done correctly - which, I assume, Walletmor and DT are on top of.

2 Likes

Just checked. It came from poland.

-test edit. please ignore

2 Likes

Yes, walletmor is located in poland and also shiped from there.and the EU Doesn’t do import vat between EU Countries.

Im also waiting for 4 weeks for the implant
But now i know why. Because of plastic tubes :crazy_face:

Well at least in can stop spamming @wojtek :grin:

Sooo next week :heart_eyes: i cant wait.

How big is the new shape and do you use it also for the Apex?

The ends are the same 7.5mm but the center now goes out to 8.25mm

Yes the Apex Flex will use the same shape

5 Likes

Doesn’t that require a 4 gauge needle if you want to install the flared version with a giant needle?

Is that you biting on the chip to ensure it’s a good one? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My installer said that place 4 and 5 were not so good for my hands

Because well 5 is knife edge and thats not recommended because of failure
And 4 because its to close to 5 (small hands)

So is place 3 (between the ring and pinky metacarpalbone) a good spot for the walletmor?

I try to avoid the wrist because i think at some pos terminals this would be cumbersome.

Thank you :grin:

Then its going to be nr 3 oh and yeahh your right about the terminals thats why im doing it in the right hand
The picture was of a left hand :yum:

I would love to get walletmor :drooling_face: But I live in the :us: and from everything I have researched it doesn’t seem us citizens can get a iCard account which is insane. :sob::sob::sob:

That’s true
But i from what i know is that walletmor is also exploring other financial institutions that operate in the us.

So who knows in the future…

1 Like

:flushed: That would seriously be a dream come true lol.

So why not a purewrist conversion?

Payment conversion

I have mine also between the right ring and pinky metacarpalbone and have no issues. My ripperdoc also advised me not to install it in the knife edge, because of broken implants at this position.

Where exactly do you mean with wrist? Its not recommended to install flex implants to close to joints.

But even without having any problems, i‘m not sure if i would install it in my hand again.

Maybe i would prefer the knife edge(bottom?) or the inside of my left forearm close above my wrist.
This shouldn’t be very cumbersome and it is still possible to use left sided readers like @shadowtux posted.

edit:
is anyone here with a clue?

And why not in the hand anymore if you have no problems??

And with the wrist i mean the forearm… And some terminals are in a strange angle to offer my forearm to the terminal meaning i have to lean over and bend my whole arm so thats why i dont want it in my forearm.

The only thing that holds me back with purewrist is such a short expiration date. Unlike the full 8 years with walletmor @Pilgrimsmaster

1 Like

Same for me. I don’t like to be cut open. The less often the better.

But I will say this: I softened my stance a bit on this because I realized something: the hard part is getting the initial pocket. Once it’s done, changing the implant for something the same size is a lot easier. It’s not pleasant or ideal by any means, and for people like me without easy access to an installer, it’s a PITA from a logistics point of view. But at least it’s only a quick scalpel and stitch affair the second time around.

2 Likes

I get that, but I agree with what Rosco says :arrow_heading_up:
Pretty “simple” swapout, I feel it is worth the convenience. 3-5 years might not sound like a long period of time, but once you start using it, it’s then that you realise how good it is and how many times you will even use it in even just a year.

Of course the choice is yours, but don’t let the expiry period make the decision for you.

Think of it as a functional placeholder whilst you wait for an alternative (probably Vivokey) to be available, rather than wishing you had a pay implant, you actually do…

I’ll leave this here, again…
Payment conversion

1 Like

For example a common side effect of the implantation is swelling.
The first evening when you brush your teeth, you get a good idea of ​​how limiting it is to not be able to use your hand properly. And something can always go wrong.
You only know how important your hand is when it is restricted.
Thats the reason why i would reconsider it twice now.

At the beginning i had the same fears and thought about it for a while.
In my mind the biggest problem is when the reader stands too low on the counter and you have to bend down your whole body to put your forearm on the reader.
But im not sure how often this happens. Most readers are a little higher to protect your privacy.

I got my walletmor in my wrist because my installer told me that he experienced problems with installing them at knives edge in the hand (the implant started to grow out of the hand).

I’ve had it for aprox 3 Weeks now and most POS Terminals work fine. There is one place where the reader is super low (hip height) but i just pick up the reader a few cm and turn it a little which works fine.

If i could change one thing thoug id ibstall it on my right hand so i didnt have to twist my arm to pay. but thats only a minor inconvenience.

1 Like